• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMT] Need a new team for an upcoming tournament. =/

Nemaru

nah
Years
  • Before we get this going, I'd just like to say that I'm not that experienced in competitive battling. This is probably my best team yet, it's kind of standard though and I snagged some ideas off of Smogon. :B

dpmfa260.png
    dpmfa485.png
    dpmfa134.png
    dpmfa248.png
    dpmfa251.png
    dpmfa472.png

Breakdown:
    dpmfa260.png

Swampert @ Leftovers [LEAD]
    Impish
    Torrent
    HP: 240/Defence: 216/Spc. Attack: 52
    Earthquake
    Roar
    Stealth rock
    Surf

Relatively standard Swampert lead. Sets up Stealth rock, E-quake and Surf are stabbing moves, and roar is to throw out any threats opponent puts out. It will likely be switched out early on.

dpmfa485.png

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
    Naive
    FlashFire
    HP: 4/Speed: 252/Spc. Attack: 252
    Dragon Pulse
    Earth Power
    Explosion
    Flamethrower

Heatran is for revenge killing, plain and simple. Choice scarf makes it faster than everything except Ninjask, even Pokemon with base 130 speed. Dragon Pulse is good for taking out OU Dragons like Salamence. Explosion is for when it has low health and will probably be dead next turn.

dpmfa134.png

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Bold
    Water Absorb
    HP: 188/Defence: 252/Speed: 68
    Surf
    Wish
    Protect
    Hidden Power Electric / Toxic

This is a support Pokemon. Since Vaporeon has great HP, it can stay up to keep passing wishes, and protect is to help keep it going. Surf and HP Elec are stabs, but I may switch HP Electric for Toxic because in the final stretch Toxic could win you the game by wittling your opponents health down even if you're not attacking it.

dpmfa248.png

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
    Hasty
    Sandstream
    Attack: 120/Spc. Attack: 136/Speed: 252
    Fire Blast
    Earthquake
    Ice Beam
    Stone Edge

This is just an all out pwner. At the cost of some strength he gains an imense amount of speed, making him a fast medium hitting attacker instead of a slow, hard hitting one.

dpmfa251.png

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Bold
    Natural Cure
    HP: 252/Defence: 220/Speed: 36
    Grass Knot
    Calm Mind
    Leech Seed
    Recover

This Pokemon's success depends on luck. I throw Celebi out there and leech seed, and see how it goes from there. The defence EV's should at least give it a bigger chance against Physical sweepers. Recover is incase I still need it at really low health. If I can get enough Calm Mind's in and I'm fast enough, Grass knot + leech seed should do a hefty amount of damage. However, I realize that if either A) the pokemon is light, such as a Ninjask, or B) the Pokemon is something resistant to grass, such as Fire, Celebi is screwed over. It could be useful, though.

dpmfa472.png

Gliscor @ Yache Berry
    Impish
    Hyper Cutter
    HP: 252/Attack: 40/Speed: 216
    Earthquake
    Roost
    Stone Edge/Baton Pass
    Swords Dance

This guy stalls. A lot. He comes in, S-Dances, and either Baton passes out to T-Tar to deal some intense damage with Equake/Stone Edge. Or, on the other hand, he could take out some threats such as Vaporeon and Lucario. He roosts whenever needed, and when in a prediciment just switches to a counter.

I know this team isn't great; I'm new at the whole competitive battling thing. I've battled before, but with teams that were horrible. I made them before I had a concept for counters and sweepers and such. This is a revamp, now with added intelligence. =F

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2015
    First, change waterfall>>surf on swampert and move the SP.Att evs into Att. You don't want to rely on a stat that's being cut by the poke's nature, and as you say if he can't do his job you're going to switch him out anyways.

Next, you're pretty Gyarados weak. If he gets in a DD and has full speed evs and a jolly nature, he'll even outspeed your whole team, including scarftran. Even if he doesn't have that kind of speed, all he has to do after a DD is sit there bouncing and waterfalling and your entire team goes down. I'd recommend swapping P2>>Tar since everything he's doing is being done by another poke on your team, not to mention most the attacks he has aren't boosted by choice band. =/ Not to mention that sandstream negates all of your leftovers (and gliscor doesn't even have sand veil).

Trace P2 helps block many different threats, including Jolty, Vappy, Heatran (though he's already covered by gliscor), gyarados, and salamence (who you are also weak against) by copying their abilities and using them against them.

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
    Ability: Trace
    EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SAtk
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Thunder Wave / HP Fighting
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover
    ---

This set helps a lot, especially when you t-wave any non-motor drive pokes on the switch. Also extremely fun when you copy things like serene grace and levitate and watch as people forget you have them. Ice Beam for dragons who go down because they get iced if they try to dd and can't do much damage to you otherwise. Thunderbolt for everything else. HP fighting only if you're afraid of tyranitar which you really don't have to be with swampert, celebi and gliscor on hand.

What exactly is your overall strategy? A lot of these pokes sound good and cover each other's backs, but you should think about what you're actually going to do when you encounter various threats in various situations. I'd suggest putting the team into shoddy (if it's not there already), battling a few dozen times, and making note of which pokes and strategies rip through your team and make adjustments accordingly.

Oh yeah, keep stone edge on gliscor.

EDIT: Second thought, you're rather easily walled by celebi and latias. Consider CBScizor>>Vaporeon since water is covered by Swampy anyways.

Last edited:

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    I don't understand the utility of Ice Beam on Tyranitar, your team it is very weak to DDMence, therefore I would propose Ice Beam on Vaporeon, I would lift the Special Defense on Vaporeon that he could not hold up for ever otherwise the hits of a Heatran.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    That's a terrible Tyranitar, no offense to you personally. Please either slap a Life Orb on it, or just use the flat out Choice Bander:

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
    Adamant
    170 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
    ~Crunch
    ~Stone Edge
    ~Aqua Tail / Earthquake
    ~Pursuit

Back