• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] Pokémon (Undecided Name) The Liaro Region

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2010
    Pokémon (Undecided Name) The Liaro Region

Story
    It is the day of your 13th Birthday and little do you know Ryan (your older brother) has booked tickets to the Liaro region. You say your goodbyes to Milo your best friend and make your way to the airport. Little do you know on the plain Milo has jumped in your suitcase and has sneaked his way into the (Undecided region). He too is a Pokemon enthusiast and becomes your rival in the game. When you get to the Liaro airport, you are greeted by four familiar faces. Professor Oak, Professor Elm, Professor Birch and Professor Rowen. You are greeted to them by Ryan and they give you a small red device. (The pokedex). They then speak privately to Ryan and Ryan takes you to the Breeding Centre. This is the part where you pick your first Pokémon. This is where the game differs because you will get an egg that will eventually hatch into the Pokémon you chose. The egg will hatch after the first village has been explored.
    That is all the information I am going to give as I want to keep the plot as a suprise. Lets just say there will be some major twists coming into play.

An Untold Event
    Legends speaks of an event that occured around 250 years ago. A Pokémon was born from the heavens to keep the balance between life and death. The Pokémon was said to have been born in a volcano. The volcano happened to have been in the Liaro region. A quiet region that seemed to be undisturbed. An evil man known as Diablo threatoned an old man who lived in the Kanto region to tell him which Volcano the Pokémon lived in. The Pokémon was said to be waken from its sleep when the Volcano erupts. This gave Diablo an idea. It would set up a group that would hold Liaro on lock down so he could manually erupt the Volcano and capture the power of the Pokémon.

The Balance
    In the Liaro Region there are two main groups. The Gaurdians and The Protectors. The Gaurdians are a group of pure hearted Pokémon trainers who are protecting the Liaro region from the Destroyers who are trying to awake the sleeping Pokémon. The Gaurdians are all extremely strong trainers. The Destroyers are too an extremely strong group that are said to have evil Pokémon. The Pokémon they own are said to have been raised by the hands of the innocent and then stolen by some evil trainers.

Characters
    Main Character
    You have always been a Pokemon enthusiast and on your 13th birthday your older brother Ryan has promised you your first Pokemon. Your mother and father died when you was little from an attack from an evil group (Team 101).
    Ryan
    Ryan is your older brother and he works for an organization known as the Gaurdians. You have always wanted to join the organization from a young age. Ryan generally looks after you when he is not out on a mission with the group. He is serious but very caring.
    Milo
    Milo is a friend of the main characters. He has always lived next door too you ever since you were a toddler. As a child he is very mischivous and sometimes quiet annoying, however when Ryan takes you to the new region of (undecided), a suprise guest jumps out your suitcase. Milo becomes your rival in the game and you are working together to become part of The Gaurdians. Sometimes Pokemon battles will be available together.

Professor Oak, Elm, Rowan and Burch
    All of the Pokémon professors from all the regions are featured in thisgame. They are
    introduced quite early on in the game. However professor Oak is the dominant professor of the group.

Gaurdian Steven
    Steven is a former Hoen Pokémon League Champion, untill he was beaten by a boy named Brendan. After loosing the World Champion status, Steven moved to the Liaro region. However his talent in Pokémon did not go unseen and straight away he was brought into The Gaurdians.
    His Pokemon:
    - Skamory
    - Aggron
    - Metagross
    - Claydol
    - Cradily
    - Armaldo

Gaurdian Ash
    Ash is the Kanto Pokémon League World Champion. However after several years of fighting oponents he decided that he should retire. At which time he decided to move to the Liaro region. It was not long before Steven found Ash and brought him into the Gaurdians.
    His Pokemon
    - Pikachu
    - Charizard
    - Snorlax
    - Squirtle
    - Primape
    - Sceptile

Gaurdian Gary
    Gary is the grandson of Professor Oak. After Oak moved to the Liaro region, it was not long before Gary followed. Professor Oak was familiar with The Gaurdians and so got Gary a space in the Gaurdians.
    His Pokemon
    - Blastoise
    - Golem
    - Scizor
    - Arcanine
    - Electivire
    - Umbreon

Gaurdian Lance
    Lance is a very skilled trainer who has done alot of traveling over time. He moved to the Liaro region when he has a mysterious phone call telling him about some new form of power.
    His Pokemon
    - Dragonite
    - Gyarados
    - Salamance
    - Charizard
    - Altaria
    - Flygon

Destroyer Phantom
    Phantom is an ex member of team rocket who moved to the Liaro region after team rocket crumbled. He became part of the Destroyers when his old boss Giovanni approached him out of the random.
    His Pokemon
    - Chatot
    - Pinsor
    - Parasect
    - Beedrill
    - Gyarados
    - Gengar

Destroyer Giovani
    Giovanni is the ex leader of Team Rocket. After the crumbling of the criminals Giovanni retired to the Liaro region. However when he heard about a Pokemon so powerful that it could not be defeated he decided to set up another group and try and get hold of it.
    His Pokemon
    - Persian
    - Golem
    - Kingler
    - Machamp
    - Rhydon
    - Cloyster
    Features
    Brand New Region
    Introducing the Liaro Region. A region ranging with all different places from dry deserts to snowy mountains. The region holds all the same places such as towns and cities containing 8 gyms. As well as visits to other Regions for certain parts of the story such as capturing a legendary.

The Pokémon
    - Every Pokémon in all four generations will be seen in this game. What's more every single Pokémon will be obtainable in the game through capturing, trading with other NPC's or some other method.
    - Pokemon Adaptations (For example a syther that lives near a volcano that has adapted to the heat and therefore knows some fire moves or a Pikachu that has lived in shadows and therefore knows some dark moves). These special Pokémon will be capturable and can only be obtained once. However they will be powerful in one way or another. For example knowing other type moves that they could not usually learn.
    - Pokémon will have 4th Generation move sets including some new moves listed later on in the features section. including the possibilty of having 2 type moves to give an ultra effective and did not effect option when battleing. (Moves such as Shadow Flame and Icy Wing).
    - Every legendary Pokémon is in this game all obtainable through a unique quest including some main characters.
    - Some Fakemon. ( I might use some from other popular games and hacks if I can get permission to add some familiar faces to the game )

Also starring the first discovered 5th generation Pokémon Zoroark and his evolution.

Your First Pokémon
    At the beginning of the game you will be taken to a Pokémon breeder centre by your brother Ryan. You will be able to choose an egg. Once you have explored your new village your egg will hatch into the Pokémon that you choose and you will be able to start your Pokémon adventure. The starter Pokémon can be any of the starters from all other regions with 3 new starters from this region. So you can use which ever you preffer. I think this will be a lot more fun than the usual picking a Pokémon as it will make you feel more attatched to your starter as you hatched it.

Accomodation
    You will start off in a small village in Liaro with your brother. However when you become stronger you can purchase your own house or room in a town or city far from home. This will bring in a whole new bunch of features.
    - A customizable place for you to express your emotions by decorating it yourself.
    - Your personal computer that will have Pokémon storage access as well as Item access.
    - Forget the Pokémon centres, sleep in your bed and recover your injured party in seconds.
    - Later in the game teleportation pads will be available in your accomodation to teleport between your places.

Transportation
    - Airports in all regions so travelling becomes fast yet expensive.
    - Trains going to and from major cities.
    - Ships will be available and can go to undiscovered islands that might contain unseen Pokémon.

Gym Leaders not so simple any more
    Thats right, you cannot just stroll in and battle a gym leader any more. Some may ask you for a small favour, where as some might be up in the high mountains beside the city. So you may not actually battle in the gym.

Towns and Gyms
    Gym 1
    - Flying Type
    - In Skyborough Town
    - Leader Makani
    Gym 2
    - Rock Type
    - Granite City
    - Leader Basil
    Gym 3
    - Electric Type
    - Stormbree Village
    - Leader Taran
    Gym 4
    - Ground Type
    - Parchall City
    - Leader Spike
    Gym 5
    - Psychic Type
    - Amneia Town
    - Leader Isabelle
    Gym 6
    - Grass Type
    - Forreston Village
    - Leader Darnell
    Gym 7
    - Ice Type
    - Frostop Town
    - Leader Krystal
    Gym 8
    - Fighting Type
    - Champiuos Town
    - Leader Amari

New Moves
    Below is just a couple of the moves that will be used in my game. I have tried to be as original as possible and have taken some time to think of these.
    Drill Kick
    Fighting Type
    Power - 80
    Accuracy - 90
    PP - 20
    ( Small chance of causing confusion )
    Pokémon jumps at the enemy spinning, kicking the enemy multiple times.
    Snowflake
    Ice Type
    Power --
    Accuracy --
    PP - 10
    ( Makes it snow to power up ice moves )
    Pokémon makes it snow.
    Poison Ivy
    Grass Type
    Power - 40
    Accuracy - 95
    PP - 20
    ( Has a 20% chance of poisoning the enemy )
    Ivy grows out the floor tangeling the enemy. If a spike pierces the enemy they will become poisoned.
    Magnet Tackle
    Steel Type
    Power - 40
    Accuracy - 90
    PP - 25
    ( Power of enemies next attack is halfed )
    Tackles the enemy by sucking them in at the same time causing double impact.
    Tread Water
    Water Type
    Power --
    Accuracy --
    PP - 20
    ( Enemies next attack becomes water type )
    Pokémon treads on water causing the enemies next attack to automatically become water based.
    Leap
    Normal Type
    Power - 120
    Accuracy - 90
    PP - 15
    ( Jumps into the air evading enemies attack strikes down next turn )
    Pokémon leaps high into the air to evade the enemies attack. Then strikes down with extreme power out of no where.
    Obviously there will be alot more moves and some of the gaurdians and destroyers have not been listed yet. I wanted to get this project on here to get some feedback and mainly suggestions.

Last edited:

Valora17

Something Memorable?
    Years
    Before I start talking about the information itself, I'd like to say that you have a LOT of choppy sentences >>; Now onto the actual information.

Your story is good, I'm a bit sceptical on the egg thing right now but I'm sure it'll work out :) Though, your bestfriend being a rival was done in DPPt if I'm not mistaken. Regardless, it sounds good :)

Overall, it sounds like it'll be good as long as you can get all the things you want to work out the right way :) I'll be watching your progress :)

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
    Quit the bumping crap, if no one replied it cause they feel there is nothing to say. If you wanna bump show an update.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2010
    Charizard if you have nothing positive to say then please do not reply to my thread. Thanks =) Oh and I did update thats why I bumped.
    And Valora thanks for the feedback. I know some of my sentances are a bit choppy. I am not the greatest at english in the word but I will try and keep my sentances as good as possible lol.
    Yeah it was but I like the idea so I thought I would use it.
    Thanks a lot. Do you have any knowledge of Pocills Poke Essentials?

Valora17

Something Memorable?
    Years
    Actually, I do :) It's the one I'm using in my game. It's not difficult to use, you just have to make sure you do things properly. I'm working on learning to use the proper mapping feature now >>;

Oh! Also, when I commented earlier I forgot to mention that your map has all red spots which --if I'm not mistaken-- are gym cities or cities with major events, where as blue-spots are.. uh... other cities.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2010
    Yeah reason I ask, I am trying to add a Pokémon to it and when I go into the Pokémon document thing, where you are meant to add a new species. I add every thing in correctly. But then when I load the game to see if it works in the Pokédex, I get an error message straight away. Do you have any idea? I would much appreciate it.
    Oh yeah, I never thought of that. Sorry I will change the map tonight when I get back from school. Thanks for the help mate =)

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
    Years
    What kind of error is it? Also, really you should be asking those sorts of questions in the starter kit's thread in the main dev forum, so more people will see it and there's more of a chance of an accurate, helpful answer.

on topic: the egg idea is super interesting, I like the idea of getting to choose from all the starters (but oh, that will just make the decision harder), and the gym leaders not necessarily just chillin' in their gyms waiting for you is cool too. and getting your own place? dude, this game sounds like it has the potential to be super awesome - good luck with it :)

Valora17

Something Memorable?
    Years
    It's potentially a Case error >> I had the same problem yesterday when I was doing my fakes and figured out that in certain sections you need to have the capitalization exactly how it is in others. If you want send it to me in a PM and I'll check it out :)

And no prob on the map ^^ I try to help.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback. I hope to try and stick to this project. Would be nice to have a couple of team members as well though =\
    Its a big project and is going to be hard on my own. Err about the error I will give it another go and if I can't fix it I will pm me you.
    Thanks for the help =)

Back