• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP]Pokemon Essence

TopHat

I'm All WillyWonka.
Years
  • [RMXP]Pokemon Essence

The Progress:

Spoiler:

The Information Desk:

Code:
    [LEFT][COLOR="Black"][B]
    Name of Game: Pokemon Essence
    Developed by: TopHat Productions
    Starting date: May 4th 2010
    Lead Developers: Tophat & Sehgway
    Fakemon: Yes
    Region: Renneka[/B][/COLOR][/LEFT]

Introduction:

Code:
    [COLOR="black"][B]
    Welcome to the development thread of "Pokemon Essence".
    The game is going to be developed by I and a friend.
    Pokemon Essence has been planned too be the most original and fun fanbased game.
    (So we will be open too suggestions.)
    I have experience in programming different languages.
    (So i'm hoping that scripting won't be that hard to learn)
    [/B][/COLOR]

Storyline: (Under Development)

Spoiler:

Media:

Spoiler:

Videos:
    Spoiler:

Super Important!

Well, I'm not an amazing artist outside of paper.
    I'm going too need a dedicated pixel artist too make the games fakemon,
    Also I will need a graphics artist. Also I will need some beta testers.

Last edited:

Raikt

Fiction writer.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    Well, I will give you this... That story is completely different from anything I've read on this board before. I'm still not sure if that is a good or bad thing, at the moment, however. I'll start off with a little critiquing, though.

First Town: It's way too small and uniform for your purposes. The way you describe the city makes it sound like a subsection of New York; a.k.a The Bronx. Honestly, I would say to increase the map size by 10-15x10-15 pixels to get a relatively good side. The other issue is that it is too uniform, at least for my tastes. You have the exact same buildings in a row with no deviation. It could work, but it is just something that innately bugs me. There are also quite a few errors in your first map. The Tall Grass tiles are either under the Ledge tiles or are cut off by the borders for the town. You definitely need to work on that. The tops of the houses also cut out the border for the town as well. That's easy to remedy; just put the border on Layer 2, then put those two houses specifically on Layer 3. You might want to also put borders on your City tiles; the borders that go around the gray tiles to round them off? That would make it look cleaner as well, in my opinion.

Other than that, I question the usage of Tall Grass in your starter town. I've put it in one town of mine, but specifically because I had a plot related reason to do so. It just seems weird having Tall Grass in your starter town without a reason.

Keep in mind that all these are just suggestions, and you don't even have to try them out if you don't want to. good luck on your project.~

TopHat

I'm All WillyWonka.
    Years
  • Thanks completely on everybit of feedback.
    I know my mapping isnt good it really was the first complete map.
    Its still rough messing around. In the neighborhood i use to live in the city. the houses were stuck together
    and were the same, so I liked thee idea. I will try and keep trying till its liked,
    I'm glad too get that from you. keep on watch.

Oh yeah. the storyline. well i've always use too think. what if we could choose and play along the side of team rocket. So I decided make a game from the "Evil" side not the hero.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    This appears to be a hack. Shouldn't this be in this ROM hacking section?

Raikt

Fiction writer.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    Uh, considering the Event Grid and the event bubbles, I'm going to say no, bob? How does this resemble a hack?

Back