• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rockeymons Art

rockeymon

Real life Silver Shirubaa
Years
  • Welcome to Rockeymon's Art. Here I will post any art I make and so on. If you would like me to make something just submit a Stock (ie. the base image that I am editing for some specific effect) and tell me what you want done to it and I will do my best.

Well without further ado the art I have done (anything else I make will go in a post that I make)

Rockeymons Art

Rockeymons Art

Rockeymons Art

Rockeymons Art

Please leave me some constructive critisizim below, and thank you for looking.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Pro's:

+ uhhhh I got nothing... WAIT... You know what text is?

Con's:
    -Text is bad
    -Poor render quality
    -Poor brush usage

I'm not trying to be mean...

rockeymon

Years
  • Yeah I am not so great with brushes mainly because I try to do more effects than much else. When it comes to rendering I am still new and am still learning how to get good renders. I will try and incorporate some bruh effects on the next uploads.
    ~Rockeymon

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Yeah I am not so great with brushes mainly because I try to do more effects than much else. When it comes to rendering I am still new and am still learning how to get good renders. I will try and incorporate some bruh effects on the next uploads.
    ~Rockeymon

For renders, I use either the polygonal lasso or the pentool. Always make sure you use high quality stocks, if you're rendering.

rockeymon

Years
  • For renders, I use either the polygonal lasso or the pentool. Always make sure you use high quality stocks, if you're rendering.

Thank you very much. I will try and find better stocks for the next time I render. I am still very new so I need to learn how to do light effects and making backgrounds. I also need to learn some more about Image manipulation.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Thank you very much. I will try and find better stocks for the next time I render. I am still very new so I need to learn how to do light effects and making backgrounds. I also need to learn some more about Image manipulation.

For stocks, just use Google Images.
    For lighting, use either the burn and dodge tool, or soft brush.
    For a period of time, I used to not use picture backrounds all too much, and just used a black backround.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I'd suggest you check this thread out first. It'll help you get a grasp of what a good tag is made up of. Since all the basic aspects are explained in a really easy way in the thread, I'm sure it'll be helpful. Once you're done reading that, you should go and read up some tutorials. You can try reading the ones which are available in the thread I linked you to or you can go for sites like signaturestop. They've got some pretty amazing tutorials there.

From your tags, I can see that you're pretty new to Gfx. Since what I used to do when I just started out was look at the tutorials and works of some other people, it will probably be good for you too. They'll surely help you in getting a hang of what to do and what not to. I never really 'followed' any tutorial so I can't say if following everything a tutorial says will be helpful to you or not...but yeah, even going through/reading a tutorial will help you. Once you think you're up for it, go for what keoni said and make a tag independently.

As for stocks, if what you're looking for is anime based stocks, I'd suggest you go for safebooru. Its got a nice range of stocks and some of them are pretty awesome. If you wanna go for 'real life' stocks, I'd suggest that you download some of the stock packs from here. Some REALLY nice stocks there.

parkwater

Getting serious about battling
    Years
    • tn
    • Seen Nov 21, 2013
    yeah i like the togipi and lucario best
    but how did you make the charizard do a flamethrower
    and you should check my stuff out and comment lol

rockeymon

Years
  • yeah i like the togipi and lucario best
    but how did you make the charizard do a flamethrower
    and you should check my stuff out and comment lol

You have to use gimp for this to work (I don't know if PS has it cause I don't use it) Filters>Render>Nature>Flame. Using the flame filter I just messed around and got the right look for the flame and copied it and made the flame.

I will also look at your forum.

I won't be able to make any art for a while because the computer I use for it is down and not working.

rockeymon

Years
  • Well was able to borrow a comp to finish a order someone who had PMed me.
    I have permission from the person who asked for the order to post it.
    I know that Mesprite was rendered badly.. (I used a cheat a friend told me and by the time I realized the error I had already sent it)
    Rockeymons Art

Review please :).

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    the edges need to be refined imo :( tough to look at sometimes but i like the Lucario one :)

Toony

Poopsmear.
    Years
  • Well, you definitely have to work on text placement and effects, and rendering. Try adding more to the backgrounds, and using layer effects. If you want some good tutorials just Google: Sig tutorials. Or you can search it on DeviantART(Which will most likely have better results).

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2011
    not bad. The examples in the first post would look better as PNG's. The graphics shouldnt bleed over the border. Nevertheless, I like your stuff and you need to keep at it!

Victory!

Psychic Pokemon Fan!
    Years
  • I like the idea... but it just looks a little low quality. The images are pixelated around the edges and it's a little plain. Sorry if I sound mean :(

Back