• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rogue Donkphan idea.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2011
    Okay, I know I'm referring to it as a Donphan Prime based deck when there's only a few in it, but he's the main 'effective' attacker. I would like to know what people think of this deck (since I practically built it 3 hours ago at 7:30am), so comments, suggestions and improvements are welcome and I'll be putting my basic usage outline at the bottom.

Pokemon (18)
    Donphan (Prime) x2 [HS]
    Phanpy x2 [HS]
    Aerodactyl GL x4 [RR]
    Relicanth x2 [SV]
    Uxie x1 [LA]
    Azelf x1 [LA]
    Ampharos x1 [PL]
    Mareep x1 [PL]
    Phanpy x1 [PL]
    Crobat G x3 [PL]

Trainers (29)
    Trainers.
    Energy Gain x3 [PL]
    SP Radar x2 [RR]
    Poke Turn x3 [PL]
    Supporters.
    Cyrus's Conspiracy x3 [PL]
    Professor Oak's New Theory x2 [HS]
    Pokemon Collector x2 [HS]
    Bebe's Search x4 [RR]
    Professor Elm's Training Method [HS]
    Flint's Willpower x3 [RR]
    Stadium's.
    Stark Mountain x2 [LA]
    Pokemon Contest Hall x2 [RR]
    Snowpoint Temple x1 [LA]

Energy (13)
    Fighting Energy x13

The main aim of the Deck is to provide a hindrance to most other decks (bar SP based decks) with quick and effective use of Aerodactyl GL's attack Primal Breath to stop the opponent from evolving or leveling up Pokemon with the cards in their hand. This basically leaves them with cards that take the evolutions straight from the deck onto the pokemon, such as Spiritomb (although I'm not sure about how it would effect Rare Candy) and Spritomb would be KO'd in a turn or possibly two. This allows time to gather a Donphan with 3 energy on for Heavy Impact attacks, to avoid damaging the bench.
    Part of the design is to work around the trainer-lock that cards such as Spiritomb create. Flint's Willpower allows, if possible, a fully powered Aerodactyl GL around the trainer-lock to hinder their evolution methods and help maintain an even field. Whilst Pokemon Contest Hall can provide a similar opportunity, but on the flip of a coin, granting 1 basic pokemon from the Deck with a pokemon tool instantly attached. Use of this could grant an attacking Aerodactyl GL, provided you can retreat the active pokemon (aiming to be either an Aerodactly GL or Crobat G.
    Appart from Relicanth, every other pokemon is basically a 'tech'. Crobat's for their Flash Bite damage, Uxie and Azelf for their well known uses and Ampharos can stop the Poke-Powers of damaged pokemon to stop things like Fainting Spell biting you. Relicanth is a situational pokemon that I've put in for the fairly common SP based decks (that are built up even more than this) that use a large number of pokemon tool cards and stadiums. The attack Grand Swell allows sniping on an impressive level when there are just 3 card out (of any combination of opponents stadium and pokemon tools), allowing it to out-damage a Garchomp C Lv.X, but it's damage is based on the number of the cards that are out.

So, I think I may have rambled a little bit there. But in testing (aiming to get an Aerodactyl GL out and attacking as fast as possible) I can often have the start I want in 2 turns (which is good for going first) or possibly 1 (but that's much rarer). Now, hand over your thoughts and suggestions so I may improve this interesting deck before I'm back at League in the new year (stupid holidays, falling on Saturdays, *grumbles*).

Back