• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Rom Hacking Help + Computer Help (new at this)

Years
  • Please read the whole paragraph. The first part may not apply to you, but you may be able to help with the second.
    So im running the latest Ubuntu Linux (14.04 I think) and I want to start rom hacking and building my own rpg pokemon game. I just want an easy start. Like... change the first town to see how well I do then try dialogue then try pokemon and maybe some story etc... What is the main tools I will need and are they accessible on ubuntu or no? If you have a video or link you can point me to or even your own wise words, I'd really appreciate it even if you just tell me tools that work on windows because if I end up needing to change I will make the adjustment. Thanks!

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • Well honestly your best bet atm would be to run wine or dual boot windows. There aarent many romhacking tools for linux currently. But hopefully once .net framework 5 is released people will update their tools to support cross platform.

The main tools you need can all be found HERE. and HERE

Years
  • Well honestly your best bet atm would be to run wine or dual boot windows. There aarent many romhacking tools for linux currently. But hopefully once .net framework 5 is released people will update their tools to support cross platform.

The main tools you need can all be found HERE. and HERE

All right... Thanks for your help. I think I'm going to buy or find a download for Windows xp to dual boot with ubuntu. Thanks again. Much apreciated!

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    All right... Thanks for your help. I think I'm going to buy or find a download for Windows xp to dual boot with ubuntu. Thanks again. Much apreciated!

You don't need to dual boot. Just install it in virtual box or something

Back