• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Audio: ROM Hacking Music Pack: 160+ MIDI Songs ready to use with Sappy!

LibertyTwins

Creators of Aesthetic Red (coming 2025!)
Years
  • Age 24
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
In preparation for our ROM hack, we've compiled a complete range of ROM hacking resources. We thought we'd release these as a series of "Packs" to help other people prepare for making a ROM hack! These are available as folders on Google Drive, so you can download files individually or the complete folder.

This is our GBA Music Pack, which goes nicely alongside our GBA Tools Pack and GBA Sprites Pack.

The GBA Music Pack features over 160 songs, all prepared to be used alongside the All Instruments Patch and ready to be inserted into a ROM. The folder includes music from a series of Pokemon games including Gens 1-8, Ranger, Mystery Dungeon and more. There are even a few songs from other games too!

You must use the All Instruments Patch and it's voicegroup or else the MIDI files won't work.
(Note: music hacking is actually super-easy with the All Instruments Patch! We've shared an Easy Music Hacking Tutorial involving the All Instruments Patch, or the Squeetz/HGSS/BW Music Patches are a great alternative.)

Contents:
Spoiler:

How to use these MIDIs:
All of these songs have been prepared for straight insertion and tested by ourselves. To insert them into your game:
  1. Apply the All Instruments Patch
  2. Follow the "Inserting Music" section of our Easy Music Hacking Tutorial

Please credit LibertyTwins if used, as well as Alisa180 for the All Instruments Patch

Download here!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen today
Hello, quick question, do you know if there's another way of applying the all-instruments patch? I'm using Li Yun's rombase for emerald and it's already using the same space as the all instruments patch for the Pokemon Data. Thanks.

Last edited:

LibertyTwins

Years
  • Age 24
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
Hellow, quick question, do you know if there's another way of applying the all-instruments patch? I'm using Li Yun's rombase for emerald and it's already using the same space as the all instruments patch for the Pokemon Data. Thanks.
Hi, not that i know of unfortunately. The only thing I can think of is if u relocated and repointed the data/voicegroups listed in the thread for the patch. I'd recommend asking in the Pokécommunity Discord as its a great place for support

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen today
Hi, not that i know of unfortunately. The only thing I can think of is if u relocated and repointed the data/voicegroups listed in the thread for the patch. I'd recommend asking in the Pokécommunity Discord as its a great place for support
Great, that's what I'll do. Thanks.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
kind of a weird question

If i have a .midi file of an instrumental song (let's take My Immortal by Evanescence as an example). would those work well for a hack? And if so are there any rules it needs to abide by?

LibertyTwins

Years
  • Age 24
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
kind of a weird question

If i have a .midi file of an instrumental song (let's take My Immortal by Evanescence as an example). would those work well for a hack? And if so are there any rules it needs to abide by?
Anything should work as long as there's less than 12 tracks, and loop points defined by square brackets (see the Easy Music Hacking Tutorial). Also the drums in the All Instruments Patch aren't that noticeable so I'd personally use the Xylophone and Timpani to act as smaller and bigger drums

Back