• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hacking Newsletter Team Thread

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years

• Rom Hacking Newsletter
    Intro:
    Okay so, over the past few days, I and Vrai have inherited the RHN. Now, we know we aren't the most well know hackers. But, we both know we are the right men for the job. Panda, has decided that he is too busy and therefore decided to pass on the RHN. Me and Vrai immediately stepped up and took control. Well, we hope to restore the RHN to its former glory, so without further ado let's get on with the thread.

Positions:
    Reviewers – A few positions are open.
    Interviewers – I think we will not need too many, maybe one for back-up
    Tips & Tricks Writers – Now, we will need a quite a few of these.

How to Join:
    Just fill in the form :P
    Code:
      [FONT=Verdana]Name:[/FONT]
      [FONT=Verdana]IM Address:[/FONT]
      [FONT=Verdana]Wanted Position:[/FONT]
      [FONT=Verdana]Proof Of Work:[/FONT]
    Conclusion:
    Well guys, we hope you will enjoy reading the brand new RHN, and hopefully join/keep supporting us!

Bye from Goodies and Vrai!

Current Team:
    Goodies: Co-Owner, and everything else.
    Vrai/Atlus – Co-Owner and everything else.
    Marxvile – Non-Pokémon Hack Reviewer.
    Surf – Reviewer and Interviewer.
    MegaMaccer – Reviewer and Interviewer
    HFI – Reviewer and Some Graphics.
    ColColStyles – Editor
    Omega Arsenal – Tips & Tricks
    Rakiou-San - CSS & Graphic Designer

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Ill be a tips&tricks writer or a reviewer
    Name:Sk
    IM Address:[email protected]
    Wanted Position:Either
    Proof Of Work:tutorials and a few other bits and bobs

Right, well, Proof of Work is absolutely necessary here. We want an example of your writing, preferably what you want to apply for. (i.e. If you're applying for Tips & Tricks Writer, you'd tell us an article written for that, or if you're applying for Reviewer, you'd give us a review on a hack.) Simply saying that you've written things before will not qualify. We aim to have the best here.

Also, Name is the place where you, instead of putting your PC Username, tell us your actual first name, to refer to you by. I apologize if that is your real name, but I've never heard of anyone go by the name "Sk". Please inform me if that is so, and I'll remove this latter part.

So, as for now, since you don't really have proof of work, your entry is

[DECLINED]

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
  • Name: Seth
    IM Address: [email protected]
    Wanted Position: CSS Stylist and Graphic Artist
    Proof Of Work:

CSS: My Signature. If that's not enough, let me PM you something.

Graphic Artist: Can work with renders well. Knows Transparency. Has to have render, though. Resizing easy. Can also do gradients
    Made these from different renders:

If I'm not accepted as GA, may I still design CSS for RHN?

Logan

Years
  • Well, I would usually wait for a second opinion from Vrai before casting the verdict. But, as this isn't applying for a writing position I am sure I can post here anyways. Well, it all looks good and I know you rather well accepted! Are you sure you don't want to be a writer?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I thought you told me I couldn't do non-pokemon hacks, as there weren't any on PC? I'm not complaining, just confused...

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I thought you told me I couldn't do non-pokemon hacks, as there weren't any on PC? I'm not complaining, just confused...
    Might as well give it a try, no? Besides, we're not likely to find anyone else who's going to review non-Pokémon hacks on PC. So, for now, you'll be in as that, unless you don't want to be..?

Logan

Years
  • I was under the thought that the RHN reviewed hacks only on PC!? Marx, I left you up there for the slight chance one does come to PC.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Remember on the old team thread, I was a ranter. Do we still have 'ranter' as an option?

Logan

Years
  • Well, we are still to deciding on whether to take it out or not. We have noticed that recently rants, have come under criticism. But, if we do want it back, you can do that I suppose :/

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I sent my first one to ~Teh Panda~
    Ask him for it. If he can't find it, I'll try to find it where I wrote it down.

Logan

Years
  • Well, it isn't the fact of the writing of it. It is the fact that we possibly don't need a ranter, yet. But we could take that as a PoW for another writer position, reviewer?

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • Well, it isn't the fact of the writing of it. It is the fact that we possibly don't need a ranter, yet. But we could take that as a PoW for another writer position, reviewer?

I would like it if we DID have a ranter in the RHN but maybe like onc rant every month would be better......

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I would like it if we DID have a ranter in the RHN but maybe like onc rant every month would be better......

One of the most important thing about a rant is that it has to be written in a way that people will actually read it, and understand that person's point of view on whatever the topic is. For us to allow rants in the RHN, we'd have to find someone who both has a valid opinion to share about something, and who happens to be an excellent writer. We can't just have someone spit out, "You know what? I think the n00bs these days suck. I mean, they just can't do anything." Honestly, I'd rather see someone write a more positive rant than a negative one. Either way, it'll be a little while before we accept a rant into the RHN.

I don't think that "ranter" should necessarily be a position.. I think that anyone on the team could write a rant.

Also, we may accept articles/rants in the future from people not on the team. However, in that occasion, your article will not be guaranteed to be in the newsletter, and your article will also probably be edited for grammar errors. This is an idea that Goodies and I have yet to discuss, but I think he'll agree with me. If anyone wants to write an article for the RHN, please send it in to Goodies or myself. Also, seeing as our first edition of the RHN will be due within the next few days, any articles sent in will probably not make it to this first edition.

Thanks for listening.

Back