• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rom hacking tools for 32MB GBA Roms

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Hey guys,

If this is not the right place to post this, could you please tell me where I can go ?

I have a few questions about rom hacking tools for 32MB GBA roms, let's take the example of Fire Red Extended. I played the rom and I loved it, but I like to make my own changes (change a few moves of some Pokemons' movesets, add or remove a type etc...).
    I mostly use Gen3Tools, AdvanceStarter and YAPE (as I'm not into deep changes). When I open a 32MB rom with any of these tools, I only have access to half of the data, which is more or less the already present moves and Pokemon : in the case of Fire Red Extended, it means only being able to see the data from the first 3 generations, however the game features Pokemon up to the 8th generation and many new moves. It seems that the additional data (everything that came after the 3rd gen) is unreachable : the tools can only open the first 16MB of the rom.
    Does someone know how I can find the remaining data and be able to edit it ?

Thank you for your help.

The Falansh

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2022
    Hey guys,

If this is not the right place to post this, could you please tell me where I can go ?

I have a few questions about rom hacking tools for 32MB GBA roms, let's take the example of Fire Red Extended. I played the rom and I loved it, but I like to make my own changes (change a few moves of some Pokemons' movesets, add or remove a type etc...).
    I mostly use Gen3Tools, AdvanceStarter and YAPE (as I'm not into deep changes). When I open a 32MB rom with any of these tools, I only have access to half of the data, which is more or less the already present moves and Pokemon : in the case of Fire Red Extended, it means only being able to see the data from the first 3 generations, however the game features Pokemon up to the 8th generation and many new moves. It seems that the additional data (everything that came after the 3rd gen) is unreachable : the tools can only open the first 16MB of the rom.
    Does someone know how I can find the remaining data and be able to edit it ?

Thank you for your help.

Edit your g3t ini for number of mons and things you want to see. Also it is much buggy to edit a rom hack and probably use CFRU AND DPE
    And use the tools of leon rombase ,0
    cfru gives new moves , items till gen 8 and dpe gives all mons till gen 8 , you will have to c inject that with python and devkits

0a?

jjjjjjj gig

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Thanks for your reply but unfortunately I don't know how to do all this...

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Thanks for your reply but unfortunately I don't know how to do all this...
    Respond

No one knows anything before they learn.

DPE and CFRU come packaged with instructions. Just follow them and you'll be fine.

Back