• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hacks vs Fan made RPG

ROM Hack or RPG?

• ROM Hack

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • RPG

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

sCr45h

The Littleroot Champ
Years
  • With all the buzz being generated over Pokemon Uranium, I was thinking that it's not really far off from being a ROM hack. Sure, it has stunning graphics and all but in terms of the content itself, it's not that different from the final product of a ROM hack. So tell me ladies and gentlemen:

What do you prefer? A ROM or a Fan made RPG?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • It's a bit of a silly question, honestly. There's a big difference between the experience of making a ROM Hack or a Pokémon Fangame, but as for playing them... I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of people have no opinion and would be fine with either. As long as the game is good, it's pretty irrelevant whether you're playing a .gba or a .exe.

Back