• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Rom Trading - VERY HYPOTHETICAL

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    Ok, for a while now, I've been wanting to buy a cartridge of a Pokemon rom hacked game. I was wondering, if you took a game like Liquid Crystal on a cartridge, and used a link cable, could you trade with tradition FR/LG R/S/E games, or put it in a DS and use the Pal Park feature?

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    I think, as long as the game will recognize indexes of original pokemon, and the pokemon aren't exeeding
    the original number (eg.500 pokemon on the GBA game dex) it could work.
    Tho, I've heard a lot that hacks put on an actual cartridge usualy have a lot issues,
    not sure here.

Edit: Yep it's true, you can trade mons between a hack and an original game.
    So it should also work for pal park.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    I think, as long as the game will recognize indexes of original pokemon, and the pokemon aren't exeeding
    the original number (eg.500 pokemon on the GBA game dex) it could work.
    Tho, I've heard a lot that hacks put on an actual cartridge usualy have a lot issues,
    not sure here.

Edit: Yep it's true, you can trade mons between a hack and an original game.
    So it should also work for pal park.

Another quick question, let's say the gameboy game has an Arceus, and that Pokemon has the same identification as in D/P/Pt, could that be traded over?

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
    Another quick question, let's say the gameboy game has an Arceus, and that Pokemon has the same identification as in D/P/Pt, could that be traded over?
    don't know if there is a limiter somewhere (there probably is) but all implementations of expanded pokémon currently do not use the slots directly after the last indices of the pokémon, chimeco, and would thus be thrown off a bit
    it would be a nice r&d thing if i had a method of hardware tho <3

Back