• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roses and Bottle Caps: The James Fan Club

Years
  • This is a club dedicated to James of Team Rocket. James fans, come forth and join.

Rules:

1. You must be a fan of James
    2. Absolutely no character bashing of any kind
    3. No flaming other members
    4. No spamming
    5. Have a good time

Owner: Arshiki

Co-Owner: SailorShadow

Members:
    Ambellina
    Blayze
    Slowpoke VII

Last edited:
    Years
  • Welcome, SailorShadow and Ambellina. Both of your names have been added :)

SailorShadow said:
    I wish he'd get his rose back. I loved it xD
    He still has the rose. It just does not appear as often as it did in the old school episodes.

SailorShadow said:
    If he sold it all by now, then wouldn't Team Rocket have enough money to buy food?
    They would. By the way, when was the last time James' bottle cap collection was brought up? The beginning of Sinnoh, right?

Now, since we have a few members, lets start our first topic.

Topic: Of all James' Pokemon, which is your favorite? It can be one he had in the past or one he currently has.

Mine is Chimecho. It was an adorable creature with the power to make people feel happy through its Heal Bell. I also liked its relationship with James. They shared a close bond and it was clear that James cared a lot for Chimecho. I will never forgive the anime's writers for replacing good old Chimey with Mime Jr.

Years
  • Weezing was pretty cool. It's a shame that it isn't around in the new seasons anymore. & What about James' growlithe? Anyone remember that ep?

SailorShadow

Soldier of Shadows
    Years
  • I loved his Chimecho and his Growlithe. I didn't like it when they replaced Chimecho with Mime Jr either. But I loved it when he had Growlithe.

SailorShadow

Soldier of Shadows
    Years
  • True... At least Growlie is safe from the comic relief the authors would have made him provide.
    When was the last time James took out his rose?

Years
  • When was the last time James took out his rose?

In the episode Return to the Basics, Team Rocket! (which has yet to air outside of Japan).

Time for a new topic :)

Topic: Of James' voices, which is your favorite?

I like Eric Stuart's voice the best. He made James sound goofy yet cultured and suave at the same time. I think his voice fit James' personality perfectly. Furthermore, he (in my opinion) sounded quite sexy. Hearing his James makes me melt.

Miki Shin'ichirō's voice is also great. He does a good job in fluctuating between making Kojirou sound goofy to making him sound deep and smooth.

Ted Lewis' voice was okay, though it is far from being my favorite. He made James sound cold and calculating. Considering that James was supposed to be a serious villain during the show's first fourteen episodes, his voice fit him well then. However, if he had continued to do James' voice, he would not have been able to fit his character, since James (along with Jessie and Meowth) became a comic relief villain in episode fifteen. I am glad that Eric took over doing James in episode fifteen. If Lewis had continued, James would have had a voice that did not fit his personality.

Jimmi Zoppi's James makes me furious. I think Zoppi completely ruined James' character in the dub. He makes James sound like an unintelligent person with a bad nose cold >_>

Last edited:
    Years
  • Of course you may, Blayze. In fact, I was wondering when you were going to join. Welcome to the club :)

Just so you guys know, I will soon be deciding on our club's co-owner. I will send a PM to whoever I decide will be the co-owner on Thursday. Of course, whoever I decide is free to decline being the co-owner if he or she wants. If that is the case, I will pick someone else.

Some James pictures:

*drools*

Blayze

Team Magma Co-Leader
    Years
  • Thanks, Arshiki! Apparently I'm a little slow! >_< :D
    I love the pictures. Here's a few from my collection:

Yes, I like when he's got the rose! :embarrass :D

Years
  • Great pictures, Blayze. I like the one in which he is wearing a waiter's outfit (I would love for him to serve me while wearing it) and the one in which he is sniffing his rose the most. He looks good in all of the pictures, but looks really sexy in those two.

SailorShadow said:
    *squeals in delight and drools over James pictures* He's so cute!
    Cute and hot :D I love him so much <3

Here is a picture of James from Toshihiro Ono's Pokemon manga:

I think he looks better in the anime, but he is still very handsome in the manga.

Blayze

Team Magma Co-Leader
    Years
  • *squeals in delight and drools over James pictures* He's so cute!

:D Aye, that he is.

Great pictures, Blayze. I like the one in which he is wearing a waiter's outfit (I would love for him to serve me while wearing it) and the one in which he is sniffing his rose the most. He looks good in all of the pictures, but looks really sexy in those two.

Tee hee. Yeah me too...

Of James' voices, which is your favorite?
    I'm gonna have to say I like Eric Stuart best. His voice suits James better than the others.

More pictures :D
    I found all of these doing an image search, I'm not sure who did the fan-art one.

Yeah Jessie's in it too, I'm too lazy to edit the picture. ;)

Back