• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Rotom. Legendary or nay?

Do you think Rotom is a legendary?

• Yes.

Votes: 21 21.0%
  • No.

Votes: 79 79.0%

• Total voters
    Years
    ok i think this question should be changed

new question: do u think rotom should be legendary?

rotom is a legend no matter what, you can't get around that, its just how its classified, he's an official legendary

but i don't think he should be so i voted no

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ok i think this question should be changed

new question: do u think rotom should be legendary?

rotom is a legend no matter what, you can't get around that, its just how its classified, he's an official legendary

but i don't think he should be so i voted no

Biggest point of this thread: Rotom can breed itself. Therefore, NOT a Legendary.

IMTHEONEKILLINU said:
    Yeah. My problem is that I'm am new to Pokemon and as I said, this is my first game. I'm only into the collecting aspect at this point, so I don't look at stats. I breed only to get the Pokemon that I'm missing, and not for a skill or stat. IF, I ever get them all, then I'll pursue the stat and battle aspect.

That being said, I just look at it as the collecting of Legendary Pokemon. To me, a unicorn would be legendary. I've heard of them but never seen one. It's just a matter of perception I suppose. Personally it doesn't matter to me. I haven't found a Pokemon that I can't get my virtual hands on regardless of whether it's "legendary" or not. The only thing keeping me from having all 493, is the fact that I haven't "seen" them all within the game or through battles. If I had, I could just hop onto the GTS and get myself one. That ease, IMO precludes any Pokemon from being Legendary. I'm trying to get a Dawn Stone to evo my male Kirlia into Gallade. Right now, he's as "Legendary" as it gets for me along with Magmortar and Electrvire. D4mn Dawn Stones!

So, in your opinion, control over space, time, ocean, and land should belong to non-Legendary Pokemon? Hmm...

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    Music may be a hint it was going to be legendary or something like that, but that and the stats has nothing to do.

The lack evolution line used to be another sign of a legendary, but Manaphy came and ruined it because, accept it or not, but Phione is its pre-evolution. Because Rotom breeds and you get another Rotom, it is NOT a legendary, because a legendary is "A POKÉMON THAT CAN'T BE OBTAINED MORE THAN ONCE IN A SINGLE POKÉMON GAME WITHOUT TRADING OR CHEATS"!!!

Lapras1016

Water Poképhilic PKMN Master
    Years
    I'll clear this up once and for all: Rotom is NOT legendary. Just because its battle music is the legendary battle music doesn't mean it's legendary. It's not THAT strong enough. It can breed normally, unlike Manaphy who will always produce Phione and no Manaphys.

It can be misleading, though, as it's the only new Non-Legendary that doesn't evolve from an older Pokemon that you can get only after getting the National Dex.

Trust me, it's not legendary.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    tl;dr, although I'm sure someone made comparisons of Rotom with Snorlax. Hence, its not a legendary in my opinion.

Still, the haunted mansion scared the heck out of me (ghosts, moving picture, TV), so Rotom is "legendary" in that sense. It was a nice encounter. Never expected a TV to do that.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    The stats just can't make it a legendary! Check serebii, D/P pokedex and the scroll down. there is the top 100 of stats totals. Some of them, the highest legi is about 5 or 7. so the stats dont make difference for me.
    And the music still bothers me. Why does Rotom have it, and Cresselia and Shaymin don't?
    And last, maybe weak, Rotom is listed in the end of the National Dex, places only for legendaries. That was a weak one, but I still believe he's semi-legi. I mean, he has a sort of event. If you go there, the gym leader stands there and talks about ghosts!
    Well...that's it...

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007
    Rotom isn't a legendary. Neither is Spiritomb (you can breed them with gengars to make more Spiritombs) speaking of which I have a spare spiritomb egg if anyone wants one.

Mizer

That a Banana in Your Pocket?
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    Rotom would be more fit to be called an uber instead of a Legendary

Abyssion

Baku Bomberman Fanboy
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jan 18, 2011
    I don't really consider Rotom a legendary. It's just a rare pokemon that has the legendary battle theme and is right next to the other legendaries in the D/P pokédex. His stats and breeding ability just don't fit the legendary criteria.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    I don't really consider Rotom a legendary. It's just a rare pokemon that has the legendary battle theme and is right next to the other legendaries in the D/P pokédex. His stats and breeding ability just don't fit the legendary criteria.

I told that before, stats don't make the real difference. Check what I said, please

~Cya, UnitRico

ultima2096

~baka baka
    Years
    haha, dont believe everything you read on wikipedia!!lol

i go with no, due to the inferious base stats, found at lvl 15 etc.
    its more of an easter egg pokemon

PokeWarped

Master of Random
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2007
    Rotom is pretty much a semi-legend.
    Legend Reasons:
    1. Legend Music/Screen
    2. Elusive
    3. Type (No Electric/Ghosts I know of 'sides it.)

Non-Legend Reasons:
    1. Breedable
    2. More than one
    3. Non-Legend Stats

I would say that Rotom is pretty hard to hit for a Lv. 15. Poke.

Miso

Haa~ HaHa
    Years
    Well, I would believe legendaries would be spoken about in game. If I remember correctly, no NPC actually said anything about Rotom, if at some did, well then I don't read enough. But that's contradicted because I haven't seen any NPC say anything about Shaymin, if I'm wrong, sorry. Unless Shaymin is only mentioned when we are able to get it. I believe Rotom is just an exclusive Pokemon, that's unlocked by an event. Such as Spiritomb and Lucario. Though, it having the legendary music just throws me off. I wouldn't know why. (From what I read, turned off my music when I was catching it)

Also, PokeWarped, are you stating that legendaries have different types from all Pokemon, if you're not, I probably just interpreted incorrectly. Palkia is a Water/Dragon, correct? Isn't Kingdra the same type as Palkia? Rotom just has a unique type is all.

Back