• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Routes continuation

Shinjiaoki94

Punk Leader
    Years
    I have been wondering why the number of routes on Unova ain't continue from previous version? I mean R/G/B has route 1, 2, 3... G/S/C continue to thirty something and 201 in D/P/Pt... but B/W start from route 1
    Anyone have any ideas why?

P/S: Sorry if it's wrong place to ask :P

Shinjiaoki94

Punk Leader
    Years
    Still, ain't BW is a continuation for other games or just restart for Pokemon series?
    I mean it started by Color again =_=

Years
    Still, ain't BW is a continuation for other games or just restart for Pokemon series?
    I mean it started by Color again =_=
    "Restart" is a bit is sort of an exaggeration. Game Freak tried their best to make it new and fresh but it's still the same old thing. Everything was new and fresh during the main storyline of BW, but after you beat the E4 we begin to feel a connection to other regions. If you ask me, RS was a true reboot, even though they reused some Pokemon.

The route thing is just too confusing. There were already gaps between regions and now we have multiple routes with the same name. Maybe they should just do away with the route system.

Shinjiaoki94

Punk Leader
    Years
    Route system in Pokemon isn't exactly easy to remember, and it's even more confusing because routes in BW are repeating so when my friend asked me how to pass route 4, I didn't know which version was he talking about o_O

Out of topic: Where is Unova on the world map? o_O

Years
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Route system in Pokemon isn't exactly easy to remember, and it's even more confusing because routes in BW are repeating so when my friend asked me how to pass route 4, I didn't know which version was he talking about o_O

Out of topic: Where is Unova on the world map? o_O

Unova is based from somewhere in Europe=_=" and that's one of the reason that the route is count at 1 again

Back