• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Royal's Fakemon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
Years
  • Oh, hey! I just saw your comic! Even though its just one page, its awsome! I can't wait to see more of that and more of these pictures. :)

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • Oh, hey! I just saw your comic! Even though its just one page, its awsome! I can't wait to see more of that and more of these pictures. :)

I know... I need to get the second page out today...

Second page of Pokemon Luiva is out!

Last edited:

LugiaFreak

Years
  • These are very interesting!

My favorite design by far is definitely Robis and its evolution. I hope that you continue to fill out the data so I learn more about your Pokemon.

So far, great job Royal! :)

Lynx1

has significant angst
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    The majority of the designs are rather generic, and the coloring looks flat. You should throw in a couple more colors, as most of your Fakemon only have one or two. As for the designs, they look too much like the animals they're based on. There's definitley potential, and it can be brought out with practice.

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • Hey guys, been a while: I did make a few more but haven't added them up. Sorry, but I'll have them up next week when summer starts for me!

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • :O Everytime I open a thread here, I get more and more jealous. Seriously, these look completely professional and generally just awesome. :D The only one I don't like is theFarfetch'd evo, but that's just because I love Farfetch'd and hate the idea of adding to its line :P

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Well, looking through your comments, I'm shocked and appalled that no one has given you any sort of constructive criticism. Note that if you don't like/don't want harsh criticism, then you probably shouldn't read what I'm about to write (even though I do so hope you decide to, as if would help you in the future). I'm only going to rate the artwork, though. My review is in the spoilers.

Spoiler:

Also, I checked your comic out. Your people are very badly drawn. The faces are too fat and the noses are too big. The fingers look like crap, to be honest. And that's the first page of chapter 2. One more thing, you spelled Poké Ball wrong. There should be a space between Poké and Ball.

The first page of chapter 1 is also badly drawn. Basically, it's for the same reasons as above. But lolz @ Hitmonchan saying 'Hi?'. XD

Now, hopefully, what I've said hasn't discouraged you, but I'm still not finished. This next piece of advice pertains to all of your Pokémon. They need more shading. The shading isn't just around the body parts and should also be near the bottom of the Pokémon. As for the highlighting, try and get it near the head more, rather than the arms and legs. For the coloring, it's too bland is most of them (like the first three Pokémon). You should try adding more variety to most of the colors to make them look better, which is where shading and highlighting come into play again.

I hope this helps. Also, what do you use to color these Pokémon?

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • Well, looking through your comments, I'm shocked and appalled that no one has given you any sort of constructive criticism. Note that if you don't like/don't want harsh criticism, then you probably shouldn't read what I'm about to write (even though I do so hope you decide to, as if would help you in the future). I'm only going to rate the artwork, though. My review is in the spoilers.

Spoiler:

Also, I checked your comic out. Your people are very badly drawn. The faces are too fat and the noses are too big. The fingers look like crap, to be honest. And that's the first page of chapter 2. One more thing, you spelled Poké Ball wrong. There should be a space between Poké and Ball.

The first page of chapter 1 is also badly drawn. Basically, it's for the same reasons as above. But lolz @ Hitmonchan saying 'Hi?'. XD

Now, hopefully, what I've said hasn't discouraged you, but I'm still not finished. This next piece of advice pertains to all of your Pokémon. They need more shading. The shading isn't just around the body parts and should also be near the bottom of the Pokémon. As for the highlighting, try and get it near the head more, rather than the arms and legs. For the coloring, it's too bland is most of them (like the first three Pokémon). You should try adding more variety to most of the colors to make them look better, which is where shading and highlighting come into play again.

I hope this helps. Also, what do you use to color these Pokémon?

Thanks, I do take constructive criticism openly. I know a few of them look pretty much very crappy, but these were rough designs - pretty much just to give people a look at them.

My comic - I can't draw people for my life unless I really take a long time doing so - which would take about two weeks. >.<

SuperBeano11

Pokemon Hacker
    Years
  • DO NOT TAKE IMAGES, NAMES, DATA, ETC. WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!

ALL FAKEMON ARE GOING UNDER EXTENSIVE EDITTING AND I'LL HAVE NEW ONES. BE SURE TO CHECK IT HERE. NUMBERS WILL RESET TO 001.

Click spoiler if you want to see original designs.

NOTE:
    1. If people would like to use these Fakemon, PLEASE PM ME. I most probably WILL say yes, but I want to know which ones you want to use. Usage is free, BUT CREDIT MUST BE GIVEN.
    2. The region these Fakemon come from is called "Hiberna Ortus".

New Designs 2010

Official Designs
    Spoiler:

Silouettes *NEW*
    Spoiler:

Old Designs 2008
    Spoiler:

Number 500 Looks An Awful Lot Like Gible (How Perculier.........)

Iarama

RMXP User
    Years
  • Nice looking design can't wait to see it finished I really like your designs your waaay better at using multiple colors than I am I am only good at using one basic type of color instead of mixing them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back