• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rozerade or Torterra

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Thats not a real choice Piplup, unless the rest of the team is present. Roserade is more suited towards being a special sweeper, with high sp.atk & speed, while Torterra makes an effective wall, physical, of course, that can hold his own in a battle with his great (or above average) attack.

They both have weaknesses. Like most sp.sweepers, she has pitiful physical defence, so one good hit should wipe her out. Torterra is well known for his 4x Ice weakness.

I like em' both, so take your pick.

Piplup Master

Piplup is my Favorite Pokemon
    Years
    Uhhhhh its so hard I was so happy when I got a Shiny Turtwig but I for somw reason want Rozerade cause I feel like my team is so blah! 2 starters bird pokemon that ash always gets and Garchomp who everyone has then frosslass

StealthDragon

Old School Trainer
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Sep 12, 2007
    Yea lets see the team..but i like Torterra more..looks cooler lol..post the team and we can help so much more..i like your drawing btw.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    torterra isn't a very good wall at all. his base defense is pretty good but his sp.def is mediocre at best and he has way too many weaknesses. ice beam is one of the most common sp.attacks and bolt beamers are always common, so really, even if you switch in torterra on a tbolt, it's going to be OK'ed the next turn by a ice beam. he's really not that easy to build around.

i prefer swampert and claydol if i want a wall that can absorb tbolt.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    You speak as if he's absoulutely useless. He's not that bad, and other than that battle with you, he served me very well against strong opponents. I just gotta use him right. No poke is utterly useless.

the problem with torterra is that it's too slow to take advantage of its high attack stat, and not quite good enough defensively to be a wall. i think it makes a decent stealth rocker but considering you only need to get stealth rock off once to be considered successful, it's hardly an achievement by any means.

torterra@leftovers
    overgrow
    jolly/adamant
    evs: 252 attack, 252speed 6hp<--try to be a little more creative
    -rock polish/stealth rock
    -stone edge
    -earthquake/stealth rock
    -woodhammer/stealth rock

this is probably the most successful torterra. given the right situation it might be able to get a stealth rock up, and rock polish up to outspeed most pokemon to sweep whoever they send your way. stone edge is a good complement to either of the stab moves, or you can choose to not use stealth rock. not bad but not great either. i normally like leech seed on grass types but i think in torterra's case, you want stealth rock and or rock polish to maximize it's potential. if you want leech seed, use a venasaur, sceptile(leech sub! :D), vilepume, etc.

Years
    except smeargle that is XD

Sorry about the off-topicness but, Smeargle is not useless at all. Probably a great Pokemon actually. I could have a great Smeargle.

Smeargle @ Leftovers
    -Spore
    -Substitute
    -Baton Pass
    -Belly Drum

Baton Pass the Belly Drum to a Salamence or TTar and guess what... OHKO your whole team basically. Or passing to an Aerodactyl would be even better, and even if the Aero/TTar/Mence get attacked, the substitute is still up.

Astere

Trying to get better ^_^;
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jul 15, 2007
    well personally I would choose roserade like a poster just said for the high spd and special attk plus its jobset potential but then again torterra is also pretty good defencive wise but if I had to choose I would think roserade would be the wisest choice.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    well personally I would choose roserade like a poster just said for the high spd and special attk plus its jobset potential but then again torterra is also pretty good defencive wise but if I had to choose I would think roserade would be the wisest choice.

But that's the thing. He can't decide without the rest of the team.

Back