• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RPG Maker 2003 Calev Mouse Patch Translation

dotFallen

Hunter of Darkness
    Years
    Calev MegaPatch2003 Translation

I write long and have a lot more to say, than just releasing this patch

My Story: Hey everyone its been a long time since I've posted anything about game design, but I have been working... a lot. You see I really haven't created a lot off productive things but I have learned a lot, especially about RPG Maker 2003. I was working on a project last year, and inspired by NeoDragon, trying to implement a mouse control into my system. I had some luck but it caused me to switch to RPG Maker 2000 and it still went haywire. This was the Ineluki Key Patch, I believe from german origin. This patch works on RPG Maker 2003 but it only works on certain versions, no longer found on the internet. So basically I shut my project down. It could work with a keyboard, but I really wanted to have a nice quality game in RPG Maker. So this summer, now with some more time on my hands, I searched for a while and found this Italian RPG Maker 2003 patch which is the same patch being used by NeoDragon. But the whole project is in Italian so I'm translating it. However I really would like to see the return of RPG Maker 2003 games, because I strongly believe that it is much easier than XP if you handle it right. So as a treat for inspiring game developers, I am releasing Calev's mouse patch in English.

My Concern: My concern is that releasing this patch might have the same effect as what happened with Kyledove's tiles for example...no not the stealing part. You can do whatever you want with this I have no power its not mine. It's Calev's. Its the part about quality. TRUST ME. I know that it seems really cool to make your own game. You think about it a lot and think about how great its going to be. But the majority of the games that are posted don't last long. Because you realize either your game sucks or you come to the belief that no one will help me realize my dream of creating a game. So you add all these projects up that repeat the same features....and they get repetitive. Its really hard for me to follow a project that uses these tiles because it seems to me that Im sick of them. Im afraid that this patch will diminish the quality of other games because of previous impressions. So I heavily recommend that you follow this rule: If you are "making" a game and you coded about 5 minutes worth of playing time and want to show it to the world.....please dont use this patch YET or if you do dont show your click features. Another good rule and senior developers will laugh at this... if you "make" a game and you plan on recruting a whole team and you want to only watch them make it or you just want to create the story....PLEASE DONT USE THIS PATCH. This is my pet peeve. But believe me I was there. Look into my first posts to find my first game.... Its a prime example.

So if you dont want to read that huge wall (I admit), please dont use this patch unless you have a solid game already. It diminishes the quality of even the best games on PC. I CANT CONTROL YOU FROM NOT DOING THIS THOUGH I DID NOT MAKE THIS CALEV MADE IT!!.​

Current Progress: 23 messages to translate. 3 comments. 1 Readme. It could be up tonight. If not tommorow night.

Edit: It'll be up tomorrow night. Forgot I have to get up early. Sorry. Its coming along though

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    I get asked about this mouse patch all the time in PM.
    So here is my post in public.

The only thing that was in a different language is the project. RPG MAKER 2k3 is still in English and what not after applying the patch.

It is not that hard to pick up and start developing with if you are beginning a project (as opposed to me starting mid way).

It only uses up around 4 variables, but with the 7th slot bugged, so you can't use it or it will mess things up (so I guess it takes up 5 variables lol).
    It also allows you to use the full keyboard and has other effects for pictures (such as rotate and wave effects).

I don't see a need for you to translate the project offered as it really is useless. Just post the code from the project and include a read me file and explain what variable is what.
    Send me a PM if your making a project in Rm2k3 and want the patch, I'll point ya in the right direction.

Back