• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby or Firered?

Ruby or Firered?

• I think Ruby is better.

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • I think Firered is better.

Votes: 29 80.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Well, to be honest, I don't fully believe that Emerald isn't unstable.

I am an Emerald hacker, and I've observed something that my hack has in common with other Emerald hacks: Sound corruption.

Every Emerald hack (including my own) I've tried suffers from sound corruption, and what I mean by that is when some music has random long annoying "beeeeps" playing everywhere. I've heard that in EVERY Emerald hack I've tried, and I'm not sure if this is also the case with other Emerald hack, but in my hack I've somehow managed to corrupt the cries of Heracross, Seedot, Nuzleaf, Shiftry, Clamperl, and Salamence.

So Emerald is basically just fine, but you're probably gonna end up having some sound corruption, seeing as EVERY Emerald hack on PokeCommunity has sound corruption.

Overdrive64

Deluxe Trainer Extraordinare
    Years
  • I'll take a Heracross that cries like a Kricketune if it comes with a Battle Frontier, match call, animated sprites, 2v2 batles, etc.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I'll take a Heracross that cries like a Kricketune if it comes with a Battle Frontier, match call, animated sprites, 2v2 batles, etc.

I'd take a Heracross that cries like a Kricketune even if it didn't come with a Battle Frontier, match call, animated sprites or 2v2 battles! That cry is epic!

But yes, emerald is great.

The only thing I don't like is the two-tile doors and the fact that I'm too lazy to delve into animation editing, no matter how simple. =|

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Nevermind what I said about Emerald earlier, according to HackMew, the sound corrupts because us hackers don't know what free space in Emerald is. The main reason is that since most of us have automatic repointing enabled in AdvanceMap, what it does it that it repoints to things that aren't free space.

Emerald is NOT unstable, it's the best rom EVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just be careful when repointing stuff, my advice is to disable automatic repointing in AdvanceMap, and try repointing things near the end of the rom. And about the cry corruption I experienced earlier, that was probably because there were some 00 bytes in the actual data of the cries, and AdvanceMap thought it was free space.

Back