• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Ruby/Saphire Starters.

What's your favourite RSE Starter?

• Treecko

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Torchic

Votes: 21 39.6%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Give me Charizard or Venasaur any day

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Mario... o_O

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsYchOtiC

uLt1m4t3 n00b
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 8, 2005
    Metagross9000 said:
    I'd say Mudkip cause I like water Pokemon and Blue is my favorite color and
    Swampert is totaly cool! :D

when mudkip evolves it will be ground/water making it x4 immune to grass!!!

Zootster

Awesome Guy Extrordinaire
    Years
  • I'd say Torchic for reasons a lot of other people already said. It evolves into Blaziken, who looks cool, is awesome against the Elite 4, and i like fire types more than water and grass. I have a level 100 Blaziken!!

Lonepichu

Happy-Insane dance time
    Years
  • I played Mudkip through my Sapphire game too, I gave him an everstone. He's so cute. Recently, though, I think I'm begining to like Marshtomp too. I won't let Kipper, my first ever hoenn pokemon evolve, but Marshtomp is growing on me.

Torchic is okay, and I do like Blaziken, but I don't like Combusken that much. I remember when everyone thought Torchic would evolve into a flying pokemon.

I love Grovyle, he's so cool looking. And after I saw Treecko dance in the 6th movie short "Gotta Dance" I must say that Treecko is growing on me.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • All of them have their strengths and weaknesses. Treecko is a very hard Pokemon touse later on in the game even when it evolves, but its speed does make it stand out from 90% of Pokemon. Torchic is the best one to use come Elite 4, but it's hard to use earlier on in the game unless you evolve it really quickly. Mudkip is the hardest to train competetively because of its well rounded stats, but will suffer early on because of its lack of speed which the other two have.

IMO, I'm not that fond of any of them. Give me Charizard and Venasaur any day XD

Years
  • There should be a poll on this if there already isn't. ^^

Ummm, I always liked the fire starters cause they were my only favorite fire types. But Torchic's my preffered choice cause (like some reasons already said)
    A) It's fire
    B) When it evolves, fire/fighting is a nice combo
    c) Its final form doesn't look ugly
    D) It learns Blaze Kick and Sky Uppercut when it evolves

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Treeko, because when it evolves, it can cover all it's weak types with the need of only 2 attacks, Earthquake and Rock Tomb (Which can be learnt with TM's). It basically only needs one or two leaf attacks in the first place too. I recommend Leaf Blade and Giga Drain.

P.S. If anyone argues that it's Attack stat. is low, just put in lots of effort points into it.

lillianlatiasqueen

The Water Lilly's Friend
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2005
    Mudkip because he/she's good agianst a lot of types: Fire,Rock,Fighting,steel,and electric(when it evolves).

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
  • From a Type viewpoint, Swampert is better, since it is only weak to Grass, which are not so common and most dont do hard damage.

From a Looks viewpoint, Blaziken is just rocking the stadium. Cool name, two unique attacks (BK and SU).

But Treecko is my least favourite (sorry any Treecko fans, no disrespect intended, i plan on using it as my starter in Emerald when it comes out), but is still good for its Dragon Claw on Sceptile.

Exeter

Lushless
    Years
  • I used to favour the water type starters, but now that I've started using Torchic, in the Hoenn games, Torchic's the one that I like most. It's strength appears to grow stronger when it evolves, and physical attackers are what I always like to use.

Kyber-Groudon

After all, I'm only human.....
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2008
    i can't stand 'em

I don't like any of them at all. They all make playing the games much too easy. The gyms become too easy when you have a pokemon which can exploit whatever weakness they have.... particularly mudkip and it's evos... it's immune to electricity and can lay a smackdown on almost any gym leader.

PokemonRox

h a r u h i
    Years
  • I like torchic and treeko... but i voted torchic i dont know i just like fire types better..

~PokemonRox :t136:

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    I usually go with Treeko. I would use Mudkip, but I like Flygon for my ground type.

ravenfan4125

the ultimate trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2013
    id have to go with mudkip because hes a strong water type but you dont have to worry about electric attacks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back