• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby Version Party Cominations

Years
    Some Good Combinations That I Have Thought Of Or If Anyone Has Any Other Good Combos That Other Good Trainers Have.;)

The Starters a all good to have together in a party because thier different types are all super effective and not very effective against each other.

Blaziken
    (Fire, Fighting)
    Grass
    Dark
    Ice
    Steel
    Bug
    Normal

Swampert
    (Water, Ground)
    Fire
    Rock
    Ground

Sceptile
    (Grass)
    Water
    Rock
    Ground

I may have missed out some of the Elements. Please remind me of them and I will edit the post.:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    First of all, do not double post! If you have something to add to your posts, please use the Edit button!

Secondly, this would be better fitting in the Strategies and Movesets forum, so off it goes.

~moved~

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Just because they all cover each others weaknesses doesn't necessarily mean they are all good on the same team. They'd have to support each other somehow (with the exception of a few like Zapdos + Celebi). Some Good examples would be:

Jirachi: Thunder Wave/Wish/Reflect + CBMachamp
    Reflect Raikou + Heal Bell Celebi
    Cloyster + Steelix
    Articuno + Forretress
    Boahtar + Sleep Talk Heracross
    Light Screen Zapdos + Metagross
    Light Screen Venusaur + CM Jirachi

Though type combinations without support CAN work (I've thought up quite a few myself) the main problem is Blaziken, Swampert, and Sceptile usually end up redundant when used together since you're taking away space for a team member that might need to take a certain hit, like an Alakazam Psychic.

There's also the fact that, as the game progresses on, CBSalamence will pretty much take care of all 3 with Hidden Power [Flying] unless Sceptile has Hidden Power [Ice]

Years
    Hmmm

I found they do because their weaknesses and strengths contradict each other causing many of the main types to be hit by super effective moves and the weaknesses to be covered by the other two starters. You are right that other Pokemon should be added to the party to help against the missing types. Salemence would be an asset to any good party. I have him on my Ruby.:embarrass

Good Types Are

Psychic with Dark/Ghost
    Fighting with Psychic
    Dragon with Ice
    Grass with Fire
    Water with Electric

I found that types that cover each other work better then types that are super effective against only one thing. Incorporating them all into one party or others like that could make a good party. Tell me if you have any other ideas

Last edited:

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Thats not the point, as statics and standard movesets make just as huge an effect as type coverage does. Grass doesnt always work with Fire simply because Something like Salamence can ruin the fun.

Years
    Which is why I said other Pokemon should be added to the party. Such as an Ice Pokemon to defeat Salamence or perhaps another Salamence.:cheeky:
    The movesets for these Pokemon are also important for the outcome of the party.:laugh:

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    To be honest you don't need another Ice Pokemon. Just give Swampert Ice Beam and switch Blaziken for Metagross or Tyranitar and you've got even better type coverage.

Years
    Thanks

That is a very good idea. I have both Metagross and Tyranitar believe it or not it my Ruby Version party. Thanks for the help Synchronize:D

Back