• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Safari Zone

Years
    I wouldn't personally call it ruined. People use the word too lightly in my opinion. It's not ruined if you don't like it.

However, I agree, Safari Zone is now just another Route to Nowhere. Do I dislike it? Not quite. Do I like it? I can't say I do. I just don't really mind it, it has its downsides and upsides.

+No fleeing Pokémon
    +I can use my false swiper
    +No more step counter time limit

-Not actually a Safari
    -Very few new Pokémon (only 3 DexNav exclusives, I had expected at least 5 or more)
    -No special Pokéballs (although rather gimmicky, it's still a shame)
    -No longer a "special" area.

You can say, looking at this, the new Safari has more downsides than upsides, but I think the upsides weigh a lot more than the downsides. From this I'll say Game Freak made a good decision, although it's still a shame that Safari has lost its heart.

The Friend Safari is already in the game at the Battle Resort

I can honestly say I've explored the Battle Resort in its entirety and I have not found a Friend Safari of any kind.

Back