• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Safari

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    How on earth do you catch pokemon in the Safari Zone? No matter what i do, it fails. Help would be greatful.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

RuRuBell

Beeef
    Years
  • Well, the Safari balls are meant to be like that...I think they have like a 30% success rate, or something. Did you try throwing stones?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    I've tried throwing bait but it's not working. I can't see how throwing mud works but what do you mean by Stones?

Tanaie

•♥~Yaoi~♥•
    Years
  • Throwing food at the Pokemon raises the chance of the Pokemon staying. (But it lowers your chance of catching it with a poke'ball.)
    Throwing mud at the Pokemon raises the chance of you catching the Pokemon when you throw the Poke'ball. (But it raises the chance of the Pokemon running away)

My own personally advice is to just chuck mud at the dang thing. O;<
    It usually works. I don't find that throwing food at it helps all that much, especially if it's a rare Pokemon you find in the wild. They tend to run away anyway even if you throw food at it.

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
  • Generally, if it's a common Pokémon, I just throw a Safari Ball right away. If it's rarer and has a weak body, I throw bait first. If it's rarer and has a hard body, I'd throw mud first. >.>

To be honest, I don't think there's any actual strategy to it, but this is what has worked for me in the very few times I've gone into the Safari Zone. I'd rather avoid such areas altogether, since I hate the thought of possibly running into a Shiny that I can't guarantee catching.

scootydd

"Sexy Beast"
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2010
    I just through balls at them. Rather than bothering with mud or bait.

RuRuBell

Beeef
    Years
  • I've tried throwing bait but it's not working. I can't see how throwing mud works but what do you mean by Stones?

Sorry, I meant mud. I always get my Safari Zones mixed up. As one of the attendants at the Safari Zone tells you, mud increases the chance of catching the Pokemon, but also increases its chance to run away. Bait increases its chance of staying, but decreases the likeliness of it being caught.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I don't think there is really no other answer to this question that hasn't already been said a few times now, so I can close this knowing your question has been answered. I will add that the Safari Zone is like a luck and chance event. You're given two options (Food vs. Mud). It's up to your discretion if you use them or not. Some just rather chuck Safari Balls each time and completely avoid the use of mud or food to help their chances of catching the desired Safari Pokémon. Nothing more or less could be said other than you just have to test your luck at it.

All that being said, please use the HG/SS Help Thread for questions next time.

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back