• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Safe to watch ep 38?

Riggzyd

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    I read about episode 38 im 12 years old do you think it would be safe for me to watch it?
    I went to the Seizure moment to see what it is but it was mostly coverd by my hand lol
    If you dont know what this is its where red and blue light flash insanely fast and can give Seizures

Riggzyd

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    Oh ok i feel weird when im watching it

Like i expect something to happen lol

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I watched it, I was scared to hell that something might happen but after I saw it, I realized the flashy bit didn't faze me at all.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    Unless you have epilepsy, then you're fine.

You must not have read about the incident that led to this episodes ban then. The fact is that out of the 700 Japanese children that got seizures from watching this, less than 8% of them actually had epilepsy.

sk8r4life1

ワタシワマネネデ? ??。
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2009
    They've gotten rid of the original version that caused seizures. Unless you find an origional taped version from the original air date, you'll be fine :D

They removed all the uncut versions from youtube and such..

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Saw it u will be fine my mate said to watch it when ur stoned lol (but i dont get stoned) so lol if anyone dose tell me what it is like

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    Well, I didn't get seizures, so...
    Just have your family/friends around you.

Riggzyd

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    Lol well like i said it feels weird watching it so yeah ill just watch it near my parents
    Well im a go off PokeCommunity its like 3:10 AM here and i gotta EV train my pokemon/go to sleep soon

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I also think those kids had seizures is because their televisions at the time were a lot bigger and had better coloring then ours and they didn't expect that episode to have that so it came to a shock to them

:t354:TG

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    The only version of it that's available is way too low quality to cause seizures, especially if you're watching on something like YouTube where the screen will be tiny. Loads of people have watched it online and they're fine. It's not too surprising that those Japanese children got seizures though, there really wasn't need for that much flashing red and blue lights :/

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    I watched it and I got a headache after. Watch it in a lit room at night and you'll be fine.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I've seen it with my friend and the worst thing that happened was my eyes felt a little funny

Years
    Well, whenever in doubt, don't do it. You don't want to fool around with issues of health.

Or, ask your doctor, if you want to be completely kosher.

Frozen King Prawns

Forget Rollout. NOW! Grrr.
    Years
    If you're going to try it, my words of advice.

DON'T TURN THE CHUFFING LIGHTS OFF. :P

I haven't seen it, but the flashing light bit BEFORE the seizure scene hurt my eyes a little, so I think I'd better not myself.

Riggzyd

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    ahh i just watched it my heads hurting but it wasnt that bad

Back