• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sailor Moon

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
Years
    • Age 33
    • Eire
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    Does/Anyone else watch this anime. I like this anime. I thought it was great. The only problem was they only showed the Original Series (now i have boxset of it) And Sailor Moon R on uk Television. So has anyone seen this and what do you think of it? I LOVED it :D

- Lone Eevee

Cute_Lil_Eevee

Wow! 2 green Rep blocks!
    Years
  • Yeah! I watched that show at 5 o'clock or something like that when I was quite young. I have lots of the DVDs of it. Whenever I go to blockbuster videos I look for the Sailor Moon shows. I have some dolls too.(Is Sailor Moon still on?)

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
  • I'm quite a dedicated fan of the series. Always will be my favourite anime. Can you tell who my favourite character is? XP

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Eire
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    I am a devoted fan. I love it. Sailor Moon in the uk was taken of our Tv viewing. I was really upset when that happened. After all its my favourite Anime. I try and get some dvds but the only one thing that came out was the Original series Boxset ( which i got ) There has been no more released. which is a shame as i loved Sailor Moon R. ( Havenot seen sailor moon S) I wish it would come back. And even make a game for it. ( Look in my Sailor Moon game thread if you agree ^^ )

I Just am sailor Moon crazy i guess.

- Lone Eevee

Kyorge-chan: Could it be hmmmmm Sailor Venus ^_^

Lucid

It played just up to the end of SuperS in the US, but it was taken off the air in 02, I belive. I'm a fan of the series, it was the first anime I ever saw and got into. But the contract ran up in january, and so now merchandise will slowly become inpossible to find outside of eBay, and StarS will probably never be dubed.
    it's quite a shame *huggles sailor mood manga* ><

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • Hotaru said:
    But the contract ran up in january, and so now merchandise will slowly become inpossible to find outside of eBay, and StarS will probably never be dubed.
    Not exactly. Toei pretty much killed everyone's contracts, forcing everyone (ADV Films, Beuna Vista, and Geneon) to lose their licenses to the anime and to stop production on all merchandise relating to the anime. Why? Because they're trying to market the live action series, which got horrible ratings when it was airing on TV in Japan. They're trying to keep anyone from having the option of watching the anime instead of the live action series. :\

Geneon was annoyed as all hell with this and really wanted to finish the franchise, but Toei's hunger for money destroyed this from happening. Word is that ADV Films were FORCED to remove a comment from their site concerning who is to blame for the ending of licensing for Sailor Moon. Toei didn't want anyone flaming them and forced them to remove anything that pointed to them for being responsible.

Lucid

Not exactly. Toei pretty much killed everyone's contracts, forcing everyone (ADV Films, Beuna Vista, and Geneon) to lose their licenses to the anime and to stop production on all merchandise relating to the anime. Why? Because they're trying to market the live action series, which got horrible ratings when it was airing on TV in Japan. They're trying to keep anyone from having the option of watching the anime instead of the live action series.

Ahhh... I see, that sucks, Ive seen clips of the live action series, Luna is a plush doll, it's actually pretty funny XD;
    but the show looks like it has a power rangers feel too it XP

Years
  • Luna a doll? haha... that's funny...

Well... I have seen quite a lot of this series... lets see now... I have seen...
    - Sailor Moon (english dub)
    - Sailor Moon R (english dub)
    - Sailor Moon S (english dub)
    - Sailor Moon Super S (english dub)
    - Sailor Moon R the movie (japanese version)
    - Sailor Moon S the movie (english version)

Though I must admit I didn't enjoy the Sailor Moon S the movie... it just didn't seem right... perhaps the Japanese version is better... I don't know.
    But my favourite character is Sailor Saturn, so therefore I love Sailor Moon S!

Sailor Moon is one of my favourite animes of all time. ^^;

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
  • FoxyVulpix said:
    It's great to see another Sailor Saturn fan! ^^;
    What do you like about her?
    1)Death Reborn Revolution
    2)Healing
    3)And she's cute. :D
    That's all I can think of right now,but there are probably more things.

punkhobbitqueen

chibi peoples? Where?!?!?!!?!?
    Years
  • hey can i join? i love sailor moon!!! it's been forever since i've seen it and i want to buy it in it's original form before the stupid FCC or whatever had to edit it.

Lucid

I like Sailor Saturn and Mars myself.

I just wish the plots and such for those five series were better though as much it was a magical girl show, it could have done better. But ah well.

how so? o.o
    it was a pretty good anime, though watered down a bit in the dub. really, the only thing with it is a repetitive "monster of the week" filler episodes.

Psymancer

The Lord of the Dragons
    Years
  • That whole daily "Monster of the week" thing was pretty repeatetive with every series, the stories themselves have some good points but there is a lot into each series that goes unsolved.

For one thing, how did the scouts manage to be ressurected every time they got killed? Especially in S and Sailor Stars? Why was the origin behind Hotaru being able to become Mistress 9 and so on and forth.

Its not a good story unless everything is solved in some form or another, otherwise it'll be well uncomplete. But yeah the anime is good, but could have been better.

Years
  • Hotaru said:
    It played just up to the end of SuperS in the US, but it was taken off the air in 02, I belive. I'm a fan of the series, it was the first anime I ever saw and got into. But the contract ran up in january, and so now merchandise will slowly become inpossible to find outside of eBay, and StarS will probably never be dubed.
    it's quite a shame *huggles sailor mood manga* ><

Same for me....it was the first anime I saw and got into..I was 7 years old when it was on Toonami....I have all the manga and have 4 dvds of it too...Me and my friends even drew made-up sailor scouts and did little adventures in the backyard....

punkhobbitqueen

chibi peoples? Where?!?!?!!?!?
    Years
  • trap-door57 said:
    Same for me....it was the first anime I saw and got into..I was 7 years old when it was on Toonami....I have all the manga and have 4 dvds of it too...Me and my friends even drew made-up sailor scouts and did little adventures in the backyard....
    awww...i was the only one who was intersted in it so i couldn't do any of that stuff. i was even embaressed to tell people that i liked it. ^^;;

Lucid

That whole daily "Monster of the week" thing was pretty repeatetive with every series, the stories themselves have some good points but there is a lot into each series that goes unsolved.

For one thing, how did the scouts manage to be ressurected every time they got killed? Especially in S and Sailor Stars? Why was the origin behind Hotaru being able to become Mistress 9 and so on and forth.

Its not a good story unless everything is solved in some form or another, otherwise it'll be well uncomplete. But yeah the anime is good, but could have been better.

that was all exsplaned Oo;;
    Sailor moon can use the silver crystol to revive the sailors after they get killed, as long as they star seeds are okay. they stay all of this in Stars, and I dont remember anyone dieing in S...
    Hotaru was able to become Mistress 9, becaus of Pharon 90, she was "possesed" in a way.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • Hotaru said:
    that was all exsplaned Oo;;
    Sailor moon can use the silver crystol to revive the sailors after they get killed, as long as they star seeds are okay. they stay all of this in Stars, and I dont remember anyone dieing in S...
    Hotaru was able to become Mistress 9, becaus of Pharon 90, she was "possesed" in a way.
    Neither do I. Quite sure he probably meant the first series, where everyone but Sailor Moon was killed during the final fights. o_o;

Back