• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fanfic] Samurai Undercover

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Ch 22: What's A Promise Ring?​

Normal POV

Three days later everyone except Traci is sitting in the kitchen having breakfast. Antonio finishes his cereal, takes the ring box out of his jacket pocket and sets on the table next to his bowl. The ranger's and Ji's eyes widen in surprise.

"Are you going to purpose to Tracy?" Jayden asks.

"Yeah, you're supposed to be seniors in high school," Noah adds.

"Relax, guys, I will purpose to her one day, but this is just a promise ring," Antonio says.

"What is a promise ring?" Orion asks.

"It's a pre-engagement ring. According to Mexican wedding tradition, before I can even marry Tracy. The groom to be has to ask the girls' parents for their blessings first. The girl usually wears it for a year till she gets the real engagement ring." Antonio explains.

"You are serious about making Traci a part of your family," Kevin says.

"Traci has been mistreated and had her self-confidence crush so many times that she believes that she is meant to go through life alone," Ji adds.

"That's why I want to give her the promise ring. It symbolizes that I'll always be by her side and she won't have to walk through life alone ever again." Antonio says.

"Antonio, buddy, you should put it away before Traci sees it," Mike says.

"Relax, Mike, Traci left earlier this morning. She told me that she was going to her training area to do some training to work on some symbols. After she visited her Aunt Adrienne's grave," Ji says.

"I thought she already did that on Dia Los Mortos," Emily asks.

"Today is her Aunt's birthday," Ji answers.

Meanwhile, at the cemetery, Traci walks up the hill to her Aunt's grave. She places the bouquet of her favorite flowers, tulips, in front of the gravestone. She takes out her samuraizer. She draws the teleport symbol in the air and activates it. Her vihuela appears in front of her. She puts her morpher back in her pocket and takes it out of the case. She sits down Indian style on the ground and starts to play "Halleluiah," which was another of her favorite songs.

After she finished singing, she dries the few tears that escaped from her eyes. Then she stands up and puts her vihuela back inside the case. She takes out her morpher again to draw the teleport symbol. After she activates it and the case gets teleported back to her room at the Shiba house. She heads off to her special place in the forest. In a different part of the cemetery, Traci is unaware that some more veteran rangers and their mentor had been listening to her singing to her late Aunt. The Rangers are wearing jackets that have Lightspeed Rescue written on them. Their mentor is dressed in a military uniform.

"Wow, she has a great voice," Carter says.

"She sure does, I also felt how much she loved her Aunt and how much she misses her," Dana says.

"Yeah, it's hard to be happy on a family member's birthday when they aren't here to celebrate," Captain Mitchell adds.

"Aren't we supposed to be giving her some advice," Ryan says.

"Yeah, we should get going before we lose sight of her," Captain Mitchell says.

Back at the Shiba House, the Rangers are outside training. Ji sets up a line some practice dummies on the platform near the front steps in an army formation. Jayden and Troy run up wielding the bamboo practice swords. After they take out the first line, Kevin and Noah run up, and the red rangers step aside to let them through. They take out the down the next line. It was Gia and Emily's turn. Gia uses one of her power cards, and Emily uses her rock slide power symbol to take out the next few dummies. After Antonio and Orion knock the last dummies, they regroup in front of the steps.

"I wish Traci were here," Jake says.

"So, do I, this was her plan for us to combine our legendary Samurai powers with your team's ranger powers in the first place," Noah adds.

Meanwhile, at Traci's special spot in the forest, she just activated her hail symbol. The golf ball sized stones circle the tree stumps in front her and fly in towards her. She quickly activates the symbol for her sword and starts to cuts a few in half while deflecting other over towards the trees on either side of her. Captain Mitchell and the Lightspeed Rangers stop in the middle of the path when they hear the clanking sound when the hail stones hit Tracy's sword.

"She is up ahead, let's move it," Carter says.

The group starts running and arrives at the end of the path to see Traci training. She was covered in snow after she used her blizzard symbol. They see her use her hail symbol again. This time, baseball sized hail appear, circles the tree stumps and fly in towards her. Traci tries to move her right foot, but it was tapped in a five-inch deep pile of snow around it. She quickly bends down to dig her foot out. While she is going this, she gets pelted by the hail stones.

"We need to help her," Ryan says.

They take out their blasters and run up to help Traci. She gives up digging her foot out and tries to pick up her sword. Her hands were too cold from digging that she could hold onto it. The rest of her body couldn't tolerate the pain from the hail stones hitting her. She starts to feel dizzy and lightheaded after one hit her in the forehead.

I guess I should have morphed first, Traci thinks.

She tries to stand up, but an intense dizzy spell hits her. Ryan, Carter, and Dana arrive. Ryan catches Traci in his arms. While Dana and Carter jump in front of her, They use their blasters to destroy the rest of the hailstones. Afterward, they turn around and see Ryan helping Traci stand up.

"Thanks for the help. I guess I still don't know my own strength." Traci says.

"You're welcome," Carter says.

"Nice catch too Ryan," Dana says.

"Thanks, little sister," Ryan says.

"You're the Lightspeed Rangers," Traci says.

"Yes, we are it's nice to meet you to Traci," Carter says.

"How do you know my name?" Traci asks.

"I ran into Wes a few days ago," Carter asks.

"Got it, I should get back to the Shiba house. " Traci says.

Traci draws another symbol after she activates it her spin sword disappears. Carter and Dana dig her feet out of the snow piles.

"Don't take this the wrong way, the jackets are cool, but I thought Rangers are supposed to have secret identities," Traci says.

"Yes, but our team operated differently than your team," Ryan says.

"That's true son. We operated from an underground base similar to the military. The Rangers having secret identities would have hurt them more than helped them." Captain Mitchell says as he walks up to them.

"HI, dad," Ryan says.

"Ryan and Dana you two were lucky, you had a father who was always around and acted like a father. I wish my dad acted like your father did," Traci says.

"How did your father act while you were growing up?" Ryan asks.

"He always used work as an excuse to not have to spend time with me. The bar was his second favorite place in the world. In his eyes, everything I did was wrong. When I was three and a half, he called me a disgrace. He and my mom would argue a lot. One time my mom told him how much I needed a father figure in my life. My dad just yelled back that I wasn't his daughter, and I never will be." Traci says tearfully.

Captain Mitchell walks up to her. His fatherly instincts kicked in, and he gives Traci a big hug. "No parents should ever blame a child for what gender they are born as."
Captain Mitchell and Traci's hug lasts for another minute till Traci stopped crying. He lets her go, and she takes a few steps back.

"I'm sorry about that, I guess even now it's hard to talk about my childhood without crying," Traci apologizes.

"It's okay, your father's decisions to treat you the way he did caused you more emotional damage than he thought it would," Carter says.

"Very true Carter," Captain Mitchell says.

"Thanks again for everything, but like I said before I should get back to the house," Traci says politely.

"How about we go with you so, I'd like to tend to injuries," Dana says.

Traci nods and the group heads to the Shiba House.

= Samurai Undercover =

They arrive at the front gate fifteen minutes later. Traci pushes it open, and they walk inside the house. She leads them to the kitchen but is unaware that her friends just finished their training and were resting up with some smoothies. After seeing The Lightspeed Rangers and Captain Mitchell standing next to Traci, Noah does a spit take.

"Traci, how come you keep running to so many past Rangers?" Noah asks.

"Just lucky I guess," Traci answers.

"Traci, you said that I could tend to those cuts on your arms, remember?" Dana says.

"I remember Dana, but I think I you should introduce yourselves to my friends first," Traci says.

"That is the polite thing to do little sister. Hi, everyone, I'm Ryan - the titanium ranger," Ryan says.

"I'm Carter Grayson - Lightspeed Rescue Red Ranger," Carter says.

"I'm Dr. Dana Mitchell, I was the pink lightspeed ranger." Dana says.

"I'm Captain Mitchell; I was the team's mentor, and Dana and Ryan's father." Captain Mitchell says.

"It's nice to meet all you," Jayden says.

"It's nice to meet all of you as well," Carter says

Antonio quickly sets his smoothie down on the table and gets the First-aid kit when he hears that his girlfriend is hurt. He walks up to Dana and hands it to her.

"Thank you," Dana says.

"You're welcome," Antonio says.

They walk over to Antonio's chair, and Traci sits down. Dana sets the kit down on the table and opens it. She gets to work cleaning Traci's wounds.

"All set, I'd suggest not training alone anymore. You were lucky we showed up when we did, some of these injuries could have been much worse." Dana says.

"Everyone needs some alone time don't they," Traci says.

"Yes, but Dana has a good point," Antonio says.

"Yeah, if you got seriously hurt you wouldn't be able to to call anyone for help," Noah adds.

"Traci, we need to get to school," Noah says.

"Okay," Traci says.

"But I think we should change out of these sweaty clothes," Antonio says.

"Good idea," Noah says.

"Haven't Traci, and Antonio already graduated from High School?" Carter asks.

"Yes, but I'll fill you in on the current situation after they leave," Jayden answers.

The Megaforce Rangers expect Orion, along with Tracy and Antonio leave the room. The group meets up in the living room. A minute later, they hear a clicking sound as Traci walks down the hallway in her cowboy boots. The group looks towards the entrance and see Traci wearing a gold peregrina blouse, black skinny jeans, her cowboy boots are light brown and have a pink flower design etched into it. She also put her up in a braided bun along with a beaded multicolored red plumeria pin in the center of it. She also put on a little makeup - some mascara, outlined the outside out her eyelids with black eyeshadow and blended it in, and she also is wearing some lipstick that is a shade of pink that is lighter than the color of her lips, so it looks like she isn't even wearing any.

"Wow, Traci, you look beautiful," Antonio says.

"I love how you did your nails, they look beautiful," Emma adds as she notices the tulips design on Traci's fingernails.

"Thanks, you two," Traci says.

"You know your makeup is going to get messed up in Gym class, right?" Jake asks.

"I know, but I guess I felt like doing something different," Traci answers.

"Well, let's get going," Troy says.

The group gets to school ten minutes later. They walk up to the front door, and Noah sees a note taped to the window.

School closed due to a broken main

Classes resume Friday

"It looks like we have the next two days off," Noah announces.

"Sweet," Traci cheers.

"I guess we could walk around for a bit," Troy suggests.

The walk around till they stop near a church and see a bride and groom walking out while members of the wedding party toss flower petals towards them. Traci figures one of the older men smiling must be the bride's father as his eyes were full of happy tears.

Wow, that girl is lucky, her father looks so happy that she found someone to share the rest of her life's journey with. Traci thinks.

"Do you think that we could go in, I'd love to see how is was decorated for the wedding," Emma says.

The group waits for everyone else to leave. The group walks inside and goes to the sanctuary The minister walks up to them wearing a black robe with a white stole that has a cross on it over his suit.

"Hello, sir, my friends and I were hoping to see how the bride and Groom decorated the sanctuary if it's okay with you?" Traci asks politely.

"Of course, but I'll be locking the Church up in twenty minutes," The minister answers.

"Okay, thank you," Traci says.

The group walks to the sanctuary. They see the end of the pews draped with white lace that has a flower chain lying on top of them. The group sets their book bags down in the pew next to them. Traci walks down the aisle, and Antonio follows her. They walk up to the arch on the stage and turn to look into the other's eyes.

"Traci, I know we're too young to get engaged. I'd like to give you something to show you that I'm never going to leave you side and one day intend to give a proper engagement ring." Antonio says.

Antonio takes the ring box out of his jacket pocket and opens it. Traci eyes instantly fill with tears of joy seeing the Sterling Silver Pink Sapphire Ring inside.

"Antonio it's beautiful," Traci says tearfully.

"Will you accept this promise ring?" Antonio asks.

"Yes, and when you propose to me I'll try not to cry this much," Tracy says still crying tears of joy.

"It's okay. Angel; I know those are happy tears." Antonio says.

He takes the ring out and puts it on the ring finger on Traci;s right hand. After they share a quick kiss, and the couple walks back to their friends.

"I think we should head back to the Shiba House so the others can see the ring," Emma suggests.

"I guess so," Traci says.

"Plus, we need to tell them about the school being closed tomorrow," Noah adds.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Ch 23: School Dance or the safety of the planet?​

Normal POV

Friday arrived, and the Megaforce Rangers along with Traci and Antonio head to school. Traci is wearing the same outfit she wore the day Antonio gave her the promise ring. They walk inside, and Traci sees a flyer hanging on the wall. She leaves the group, walks over to it.

Harwood County High Annual Theme Dance

This year's' winning theme voted on by the students is

Disney's High School Musical

The Party starts

Friday, Oct 13, 2012

8pm

Tickets $40 per person

See any member of the student council to purchase your tickets​

"It's tonight, but the superintendent closed the school for three days while the water company fixed the water main and cleaned up the water damage. I doubt they'll be able to set everything up in time. That means no dance for everyone, too bad." Traci says sarcastically.

"I hate to burst your bubble Princess Sarcasm, but the dance isn't at the school. It's going to be at the community center," Jake says.

"Great, you guys, have fun," Traci says.

"Why don't you want to go?" Emma asks.

"Let's just say my first middle school dance made me very scared about ever going to any school dance - ever again." Tracy answers.

"What exactly happened?" Jake asks.

"I don't want to talk about it, right now," Traci answers as she leaves the group again heading to her locker.

"I have a feeling someone must have pranked her in front of everyone," Noah says.

"I think you're right," Antonio sighs.

Traci gets to her locker, slowly opens it and puts everything away except for her science book. After she closes the door, she turns around to see Johnny walking up to her.

"What do you want?" Tracy snarls.

"I want to help you," Johnny says.

"Please, why would you help me?" Traci asks.

"Meet me at my house, the cave, after school and I'll tell you," Johnny answers heading to class himself.

I can't tell the others. I know this could be a trap, but if Johnny does have some information that could help us beat the nighloks I should go -right? Traci thinks.

The warning bell rings, and Traci heads to Mr. Burly's science class. She walks into the room and takes her seat behind Antonio. Mr. Burly is holding a stack of papers in his hands they were the test they took last week. Traci nervously taps her finger on her desk waiting to get her test back. Antonio turns around and places his hand on top of hers."Relax, I know you passed,"

"How can you be so sure?" Traci asks.

"Just trust me," Antonio answers.

A few seconds later Mr. Burly walks up and hands Traci her test. She sets it down on her desk and slowly looks down at it. Antonio sees a big smile slowly appear on her face seeing her grade - and A- on the top right-hand corner of the paper. After Mr. Burley walks past her desk, Matt looks over at her test. "You know that only gave you that grade because he felt sorry for you, right?"

"Teachers don't give out good grades - I earned this," Traci says confidently.

"Please," Matt says sarcastically.

"She is correct Mr. Davidson. It was evident that she studied for the test- unlike you." Mr. Burley says as he hands him his exam folded in half longways.

Matt slumps down in his seat seeing the cursive D on the paper. The science teacher walks back to his desk and takes out his notes for today's lecture. He goes over to the blackboard and writes Weather. Traci hears the class let out a long groan. She looks over at the Megaforce Rangers and sees them rolls their eye in unison. Twenty minutes later the bell rang, and the class quickly walks out.

Noah's POV

Traci and I walk into Mr. Espinoza's PreCalculus class. She sat down in her usual seat When class started I noticed that she wasn't taking notes instead she just twirling her pencil around in her hand.

I wonder what's has her so distracted today. She wasn't paying attention in Science class either.

Ten minutes later Principal Reed walks in and whispers something, Mr. Espinoza. I see Mr. Espinoza's eyes nearly pop out of their sockets before they walk out into the hallway. I get up from my desk and tap Traci on the shoulder. She jumps and falls out of her seat. I catch her before she hits the floor. I help her up, and she sits back down in her seat.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," I apologize.

"It's okay Noah; I know you didn't mean to," Traci says.

"You okay, you seem a little distracted," I ask.

"I guess I'm nervous about the dance," Traci answers.

"Is that all, just relax you don't have to go if you don't want to,"I say.

"I know, but I'm sure that Antonio would like to go. He is my boyfriend after all," Traci says.

"True, but he'd never force you to do something that makes you uncomfortable," I say.

"I know," She sighs.

I look away for a second to see Mr. Espinoza walking back in so I went back to my seat. He clears his throat and says, "Class, I just got off the phone with my sister and she had twins. I'm an Uncle."

The class congratulates him with a roaring applause.

"Thank you, class," Mr. Espinoza says.

"Were they both boys," One student asks.

"There was one boy and one girl." Mr. Espinoza answers.

"Has your sister picked out names for them yet?" Another student asks.

"Yes. The boy is Ronson Alberto. The girl is Raven Sunnie." Mr. Espinoza replies.

"Those are great names," I say.

"Thank you, Mr. Carver. I'll call my sister after school to tell her that. Now, let's get back to our lesson," Mr. Espinoza says.

The class groans as Mr. Espinoza restarts his lecture from where he was before he got bell rings ten minutes later and Traci quickly packs up her things before dashing out of the room.

Normal POV

Traci remembers that teammates never keep secrets from each other but if this is a trap she doesn't want the others to get involved. She wishes she is better at making things appear that nothing is wrong. She has a bad feeling that Noah already can tell something is up as she puts everything into her locker, heads to gym class and gets there before everyone else. Johnny walks up to her and notices the promise ring on her left hand. "I thought you and the gold ranger are supposed to be keeping things on the DL."

"It's just a promise ring. Keep your voice down someone might hear you," SheI says.

"Relax the rest of the class hasn't arrived yet, so just remember our little rendezvous after school at my cave," He whispers.

He walks away as she hears someone walking up behind her. She turns around to see Antonio and the others walk up.

"What did he want?" Antonio asks.

"He just asked about my promise ring - that's all." She answers.

The class lines up after hearing the bell ring. Mr. McFadden walks in and takes attendance. Afterward, he tells us that they are starting the unit on line dancing. Traci hears a loud groan echo through the room.

"Traci, you grew up in Tennessee this should be easy for you," Jake says.

"Not really Jake, you forget that I sometimes get left and right confused. Dancing is my second mortal enemy not to reading out loud in class," She reminds him.

They leave to change into our gym clothes. Five minutes later everyone walks back into the gymnasium and lines back up in front of Mr. McFadden. He has a boom box on the floor next to him.

"Alright class the first move we'll work on is called The Cupid Shuffle," Mr. McFadden says.

After he explained it to everyone and did it a few times without the music, he turned on the song. When it started, Traci instantly got nervous and went to her right instead of left and bumped into Antonio. The class burst out in laughter as they fell to the floor.

"I'm sorry," She apologizes.

"It alright, I'm okay," Antonio says.

"Hey, is De La Bumpa," Matt jokes.

"Hey. Matt lay off," Jake says.

"Yeah, this could have happened to anyone," Emma adds.

"But it only happened to Traci because she's an uncoordinated mess. I hope she goes to the dance tonight. I can't wait to see her trip over her own feet and crash into the punch bowl," Matt says still laughing.

"Yeah, then she'll be De La Puncha," Another student jokes.

The Silver Samurai tries to stay strong but just couldn't. She turns around and runs out of the room holding back her tears so Matt wouldn't get the satisfaction of seeing that he made her cry. She turns left and headed down the hallway till it came to a corner then quickly sit downs, pulls her knees to chest and finally lets the tears escape. Back in the Gymnasium, Mr. McFadden stops the music and blows his whistle. The Rangers cover their ears to protect them from the loud tweeting sound from the gym teacher's whistles as it bounces off the walls. After they see him lower it away from his mouth, they place their hand back at their sides.

"Mr. McFadden, I'll go bring Traci back," Antonio says.

"Of course, Mr. Garcia," Mr. McFadden says.

Antonio leaves the room. He follows the sound of Traci's crying. His heart breaks seeing how upset Traci is as he walks up. She slowly looks up at him.

"Antonio, I knew this would happen once everyone found out that I'm dyslexic," Traci says tearfully.

He sits down next to her. She sets her head on his shoulder after he pulls her closer to giving her a hug. Five minutes later, Traci feels that she was ready to go back to class. They walk back to class in time to try the dance one more time before class was over. Traci thought that her last two classes went by way too fast. She is at her locker just finished packing up her backpack, closed her locker and turns around to see Antonio walking up with two tickets in his hand.

"Traci, I know you're scared about being picked on at the dance, but I promise that I'll be by your side the entire time. I've never broken a promise to you before, so will you go to the dance with me?" Antonio asks.

"Antonio, I'm not sure. School dance plus bullies equals humiliation. You really should just take Emily or Mia." Traci says.

"I can't take either of them. You're my girlfriend." Antonio says.

"I know, but there isn't enough time for me to find something to wear to the dance," Traci says.

"I'm sure that the other girls will help you," Antonio says.

"Okay, tell them to meet me at the mall in and hour," Traci says.

"So is that a yes to going with me to the dance," Antonio asks.

"Yes, Tony, I'll go with you," Traci answers.

Antonio hands Traci her ticket, and he leaves to got tell the others the good news. Traci slings her backpack over her shoulder. She leaves the school as fast as she can. After she gets to the forest, Traci takes out her Samuraizer, draws the horse symbol and rides off to the nighlok's cave. Traci stops for a bit to let her horse rest for a bit. She ties him to the tree close to her then walks over to a tree stump and sits down. Back at the school, the Rangers are heading to the entrance.

"So, you asked Traci to the dance?" Jake asks.

"I did, and she said yes. Traci will need help find a dress to wear," Antonio says.

"Emma and I need to find a dress too. We'd be happy to help her find one too," Gia says.

"So, where is she?" Noah asks.

"I was so happy that she said yes. I forgot to tell her to meet us at Ernie's," Antonio answers.

"It's okay; you can call her," Noah says.

Antonio nods. They walk down the stairs and find a place a few feet away from the school where Antonio can get service. He takes his phone/morpher out of his pocket then dials Traci's number.

Traci's POV

I'm so nervous that I'm about to ride into a trap. I jump and fall off the stump when I hear my Samuraizer go off. I take it out and slowly put it to my ear, " Hello,"

"Traci, it Antonio we're heading to Ernie's. Where are you?" Antonio asks.

"I went for a quick ride around the forest to destress. I'll be there in ten minutes," I answer.

"Okay, see you soon," Antonio says.

After we hang up, I let out a sigh of relief after I put my morpher away. Then I walk about over to my horse. I untied it then get back on to ride the rest of the way to the cave. I arrive to see Johnny waiting for me. I get on my horse again, tied him to a tree then walk over to him.

"Can you please tell me whatever information you have to help my team. I need to go shopping for the dance." I say politely.

"I don't have any information about how to defeat my parents. I wanted to apologize to you in person about bullying you." Johnny says.

"I thought Principal Reed made you write a letter of apology?" I ask.

"He did, but you can write something and not mean it. I'm sorry, even if you weren't a Power Ranger, I should have treated you like you don't matter. Every living thing deserves respect. I'm never going to bully anyone ever again." Johnny says.

"How can I be sure that you're sincere?" I ask.

"I don't blame you for being dubious. I'll prove it to you at the dance.I even stopped hanging out with Matt." Johnny says.

"I've heard fake apologies from bullies back home. How can I be sure that you'll keep your word at the dance by staying away from Matt and don't do anything to humiliate me? I'll accept your apology." I say.

"Okay, how about I start now. Can I come with you to the mall?" Johnny asks.

"My mom taught me that everyone deserves a chance to show that they can change. You can come but, stay out of sight till I give you the signal," I say.

We leave and head to the mall. I called Antonio and tell him to have everyone meet me at the entrance so Emma, Gia and I could head to the nearest clothing store quickly. Johnny and I reach the front door.

"Hide, the others will be here soon," I say.

Johnny nods and ducks behind a potted plant. I go over what I'm going to say in my head one more time. A few seconds later I see my friends walk up.

"Hey, guys, before Emma, Gia and I go shopping. I have to tell you that I went back to the cave." I say.

"Tracy, why did you do that," Antonio says.

"Johnny came up to me at school and said he had some information to that could help us beat the nighloks," I say.

"Tracy, you're lucky you didn't get attacked," Noah says.

"I know, if it was a trap, all of you could have gotten hurt, and the planet would have been in big trouble. So, it turned out Johnny didn't have and information to help us win. He wanted to apologize to me for his actions." I say.

"Tracy, you can't believe anything he says Johnny is half Nighlok," Antonio says.

"I'm sorry guys, but I'm trusting my instincts," I say.

I see their mouth hang open in shock seeing Johnny walk over and stand next to me.

"Traci, are you crazy," Noah snaps.

"Noah, he's half nighlok. He has a human side too, which mean he has feelings as well. Doesn't everyone deserve a second chance?" I ask.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Ch 24: The Dance​

Traci's POV

"She is right everyone, we should give Johnny a chance to show us that he has changed," Antonio says.

"I'll start with the dance. I promise that I won't bully Traci or do anything to ruin the night for her," Johnny says.

"Okay, but we have to find something to wear to the dance first," Emma says.

"Right, let's go," I say.

Emma, Gia, and I head to a dress store. The boys and Johnny head to Ernie's Brainfreeze. I nervously walk into the store because I alway feel self-conscious about my body when I wear a dress. I go over to a rack and search through it. Emma and Gia go over to the display near the back wall. I find a floral print dress, the matching pink pumps along with a rose ring and a cute necklace to complete my look. Gia finds a dress that is similar to one Taylor wore in High School Musical Three. Emma picks out a dress that Sharpy wore in High School Musical Two to the talent show.

Two hours later I'm in my room fighting a battle with my hair and losing. I want to do a braided bun, but I'm having trouble holding it in place while I put the bobby pins in. Three minutes later I leave to meet up with everyone in the living room. It didn't take me long to realize that I'm not very good at walking in high heels as I wobble after taking a few steps down the hall. I want to change into my cowboy boots since I know I won't break my ankle wearing them.

I get to the living room and see everyone, but Troy dressed for the dance. Jake is wearing blue jeans, a button-down shirt, a blazer and a pair of gray tennis shoes. Antonio and Noah are wearing Tuxes inspired from High School Musical Three. Antonio walks over to me.

"You look beautiful,"

"Thanks, Antonio,"

"We need to get going, so we won't be late," Noah says.

Antonio and I nod. Then we head outside to the car. Twenty minutes later, we get the community center. Antonio gets outs first and helps me out of the car. Then we walk inside, and it's decorated just like the Prom in High School Musical 3. I see Matt standing across the room with a glass of punch in his hand. I smile seeing that Johnny is true to his word as he walks up to us.

"Traci, you look great,"

"Thanks, but I'd rather be wearing my cowboy boots instead of the heels. I'm afraid I might hurt my ankle,"

"I'm pretty sure Antonio won't let that happen. Remember, school dance are supposed to be fun,"

"Thanks, Johnny, I'll try my best to remember,"

A few hour pass and everything is going much better than I thought it would. The Dj played "Cha Cha Slide," "Dymnite" but I get nervous when I hear "Can I Have This Dance" start to play. I'm sitting at the second table near the dance floor. Antonio walks over to me and holds out his right hand, "Our first slow dance awaits," I smile and put my hand in his. He leads me over to the dance floor.

The dance is playing out exactly like it did in my head. Until I look up to see a bucket attached to the ceiling. I hear Johnny call my name as he runs over to me. A few seconds later the contents inside the bucket spill out and land on my head. I hear the room fill with laughter as I try to wipe the gunk out of my eyes. I open my eyes to see Antonio take a banana peel off my head. I bend down to take off my shoes to make it easier for me to escape. I look up and mouth 'I'm sorry' before I stand up. I run outside as fast as I can and let a few tears begin to roll down my cheeks.

I knew this would happen and that coming was a bad idea.

I push open the doors and go over to the bench. I set my shoes next to it before I sit down. I pull my knees to my chest and continue to cry. Two minutes later, I look up to see Antonio and Johnny walking up. Antonio takes off his coat and wraps it around me.

"Hey, guys,"

"Traci, I'm sorry, if I'd got there sooner this wouldn't have happened,"

"It's okay, Johnny. I do appreciate you trying to save me from getting humiliated,"

"The custodian almost has Matt's prank cleaned up, so do you want to head back inside?"

"No thank you, considering I smell like a dumpster. I think I should just stay out here to air out before heading home,"

"I'll go tell your friends,"

"Thank you, Johnny,"

Johnny nods and heads back inside. I unlink my hands and remove my arms from my legs before I turn around to let my feet dangle off the side. Antonio kneels down and puts my shoes back on my feet. Then he sits down next to me. I set my head on his shoulder as he wraps his arm around me before he pulls me closer to him.

"Antonio, I was having a great time until Matt's prank happened,"

"That good so was I, but I wish our slow dance didn't get interrupted,"

"Really, how come,"

The next thing I know Antonio gently presses his lips against mine. I realize that fate is trying to tell me something because it was like time stood still. The sounds of the music playing inside faded, and it was just him and me. I didn't want this to end ever, but Antonio slowly backs away so we have a chance to breathe again.

'I really should have seen that coming,"

"Yes, you should have,"

I'm about to kiss him back when I hear the door close and see Emma, Jake, Gia, and Noah walk up. Noah has my jacket draped over his arm. Antonio and I stand up. After Noah hands it to me, I give Antonio back his coat and put mine back on.

"You guys aren't mad that you're leaving early?"

"No, this year's dance isn't as good as last year's," Gia says.

"Gia's right, the food is awful,"

"High cafeteria food is supposed to be bad isn't it,"

After everyone laughs at my joke, we head back to the Shiba house.

I hope Johnny doesn't start hanging out with Matt again. I'm not looking forward to going to school on Monday. I have a bad feeling news of what happened tonight is going to spread like wildfire.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Ch 25: You want to adopt me?​
Normal POV

Two days later Traci wakes up and walks over to the calendar o the wall. Today is the fifteen year anniversary of the day her father kicked her and her mom out of the house since the two of them weren't married anymore. She wasn't sure what kind of it was going to be full of happiness or sadness. She leaves her room and walks to the kitchen. Antonio sees a sad look appear on her face. He walks over to her and kisses her on the cheek, "What's wrong, we're close to mastering these new combinations you came up, so why the long face?"

"I'm happy about the Tony, it just today is the day my parent divorce was finalized, and my 'father' kicked us out of the house without even letting us pack up our things," Traci says.

"Didn't the court make your dad pay child support," Wes asks.

"They did, but he refused to pay it. The judge also declined him from setting up any visitation schedule. He believed it was the best thing for my safety," Traci says.

"What did you dad do?" Jan asks.

"He tried to kill me with a broken beer bottle," Traci answers.

The Veteran Rangers gasp in shock hearing Traci's answer, and even though Traci went to counseling to help her forget those terrifying memories of that day and move on she still wasn't strong enough to explain everything about what happen that day in detail to the group. Traci is about to sit down when she hears the doorbell ring.

"I'll get it," Traci says.

Traci opens the door and sees her mom, Wyatt, and Maureen standing on the other side.

"Mom, what are all of you doing here?" Traci asks.

"There is something we want to discuss with your girls," Wyatt answers.

"What is it," The girls asks.

"It has to do with us becoming a family," Roslyn says.

Tracy invites them inside, and they sit down in the living room. Traci and Maureen look over at each other and exchange worried expressions.

"Since, we decided not to have a big wedding ceremony like we originally planned and got married at the courthouse last month. Wyatt and I wanted to ask the two of you if it was alright if we legally adopt you." Roslyn says.

"So, that would mean Wyatt wouldn't be my stepdad. He would just be my dad," Traci asks.

"Yes, Traci, I'd be your legal father and your birth certificate wouldn't have your biological father's name on it. My name will be there instead," Wyatt says.

"Roslyn would be my mom too, and we can be a family. Plus, I'd get to have a sister that's a superhero, I'm fine with it," Maureen says.

Traci didn't say another word she stands up and walks over to Wyatt. Happy tears begin to stream down her face and gives him a big hug. He hugs her back and kisses her on the forehead.

"Traci, I promise that this is the first time of many that you're going to hear me say this I love you," Wyatt says.

"I love you, dad," Traci says tearfully.

Antonio and the others walk in to see Traci crying into Wyatt's chest. Traci slowly backs away from Wyatt. He dries her eyes and sees a big smile on her face. It was the first of many smiles that he'd see on his new daughter's face now that they are a family. Traci walks over to the group and introduces the Veteran Rangers to her family.

"Traci, why were you crying?" Antonio asks.

"Don't worry Tony they were happy tears. Wyatt... I mean my new dad just asked me if he could adopt me," Traci answers.

"Traci, I'm so happy for you," Antonio says.

"Yes, that is great news," Wes says.

"When are you going to tell Troy and the others?" Kevin asks.

"I was going to head to Erin's Brainfreeze right now. Maureen, do you want to come too," Tracy answers.

"Sure, that way I get to bond with my new sister," Maureen says.

The girls dash out the door happy to start their first sister trip to Harwood County and maybe even continue the bonding with a shopping trip. After Traci introduces Maureen to the Mega Force Rangers that is.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 26: New Nightmares​
This one will be super short.

Normal POV

Only two days have passed since the finalization of the adoption papers, and Wyatt is Traci's legal father. Wyatt decided to stay since his medical skills could come in handy if any of the Rangers returned injured from battle or a training exercise went wrong. Traci had mixed feeling about the idea, but she was happy that she'd get a chance to bond with her new father. She in her room getting ready for bed. After setting out her outfit for the next day of school at Harwood County High, Traci walks over to her bed. She lies down and slowly closes her eyes as a wave of sleep flows over her.

Traci is walking through the city with Wyatt. They walk up to any alleyway when Traci's birth father jumps out. Rob punches Wyatt so hard that he lands on the sidewalk unconscious. Traci tries to run away, but Rob grabs her wrist. He slams her against the wall. Traci's eyes widen in shock, and her heart starts to race when she sees him take a knife out of his jacket pocket.

"I'm back to finish the job," Rob says.

Traci's eyes dart open and cold sweat drips down her face. Wyatt wakes up when he hears Traci's call out. He goes to her room and opens the door to see his daughter shaking with tears pouring out from her eyes. The next thing Traci feels is Wyatt's strong arms hugging her.

"Dad, he was about to kill me," Traci says tearfully.

"Who?" Wyatt asks.

"My birth father Rob," Traci answers.

Wyatt kisses her on the forehead then starts to rub comforting circles on her back to help her to calm down. Traci sets her head on her father's chest.

"It was just a nightmare, Traci. There is no way he can locate you," Wyatt says.

"How can you be so sure, dad. People can do anything thanks to the internet," Traci says.

Traci eventually calmed down enough that she fell asleep in her father's arms. Wyatt lays her back down on the bed, tucks her in and leaves the room. He walks back to his room and sits down on the edge of the bed.

I won't anything happen to you Traci, I promise, you're my daughter now. I will protect you. Wyatt thinks.

Wyatt slides onto the bed and slowly lies down. He knew how poorly Rob treated Traci from what Roslyn told her. The only thing he didn't consider after he adopted Traci that she would have nightmares about her birth father tracking her down. He goes back to sleep praying that Traci doesn't have another nightmare about Rob.

Wyatt's prayer was answered, an hour later Traci starts to have a different nightmare she about him and Maureen being attacked by Johnny's parents in their nighlok form. Traci is surrounded by moogers and xborgs and does be best to fend them off. This time Traci wakes up and heads outside to clear her head.

What is wrong with me? Why am I having these nightmares? Could it be that even though I'm happy about that I have a father and a sister now, the universe wants my life to go back to the way it was before I become a Ranger? Traci thinks.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chpater 27: Sunrise Talk​
Traci's POV

I was so caught up in my thoughts. I must not have heard someone walking up. Then I feel a hand on my shoulder. I scream and start to fall off the log.

"Easy, angel, it only me," Antonio says.

I open my eyes and see Antonio's face. He helps me up, and we sit down. The crisp morning air begins to blow as we watch the sun start to rise. Antonio takes off his jacket and places it over my shoulders. I move closer and put my head on his shoulder.

"How did you know that I'd be here?"

"Well, Wyatt mentioned that you had a nightmare about your birth father coming back to hurt you." Antonio answers, "I figured you must have had the same nightmare. You told me about this place before, so I had a hunch that this is where you might go,"

"You have gotten to know me pretty well in only a year,"

"I know, and I'm lucky that you let me into your life after all that you've been through," Antonio says.

"I'm still not sure why I'd have a nightmare about my biological father trying to kill me. When I've always wanted to him to return to apologize for all the things he did before the divorce."

"It could be your subconscious manifesting all stress you have gone through the past few days and the fear of how things might turn out if your birth father returned," Antonio says.

"Maybe, but we haven't seen Johnny in a few days. Do you think he told his parents about my new family? If he did then my other nightmare could come true."

"Wait, you had another nightmare about Wyatt and you getting attacked?" Antonio asks.

"It was about Maureen and me getting attacked my Johnny's parents, and the moogers and Xborgs had me surrounded,"

"That can't happen, didn't Maureen go back college?" Antonio replies.

"Yes, but what if she comes back for a surprise visit," I answer, "We go out to do some sister bonding, and we get attacked."

Antonio's POV

Traci gets up and starts to pace back and forth. She continues to list everything bad that could happen if Maureen decided to come back. Then she starts to hyperventilate, and her body is shaking as well. I walk over to her and place my hand on her shoulder.

"Angel, everything is going to okay,"

I help her calm down using the techniques I used to help one of my cousins that has panic attacks. I walk her back to the log, and we sit down. I tell her to breathe in through her nose for two seconds then breathe out through her mouth for 2 seconds. Five minutes later her breathing returns to normal, but she is still shaking. I ask her to look around and list five things she can see.

"The sunrise, the trees, your jacket, the bird that just landed on your head," Traci says.

"That's only four you need one more,"

"The confused look on your face," Traci giggles.

I share the bird away by swatting at it with my hands. After I hear it flying away, I smile seeing that Traci stopped shaking.

"I'm sorry Antonio," Traci says.

"It's okay Angel. You don't have to apologize."

"Why did I just freak out like that?" Traci asks.

"You were thinking about everything that could happen you to started to panic."

"How did you know how to get me to calm down?" Traci asks.

"I have a cousin that suffers from anxiety and has panic attack,"

"Thank you for helping me. We should head back to the house and get ready for school," Traci says.

Back