• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

samuri pizza cats

Triaspia

ooh shiney
Years
  • has anyone seen the samuri pizza cats its a classic I remember watching it 10 years ago with my mum its about thes cats (duh) but the have like robotic suits and they save the world and stuff (will post pics when i can find some)

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Samurai Pizza Cats! I remember that show. Reeeeeally messed up kids' show about talking cats, dogs, rabbits, etc... Everything was in robotic armor on the show, civilians, heroes, you name it. I have the NES ROM that came out, but it's in Japanese.

Basically, this trio of cats in Little Tokyo delivers Pizza and fights giant robots sent by this mouse villain called the Big Cheese. Every episode, the Big Cheese would explode, literally, due to rage.

Then there's Bad Bird and the Ninja Crows. Yeah...

Later in the series, they added the B-Team, which was a group of cats that all specialized in something. One was a flyer, one was a digger, one was a diver, etc...

Pretty much, it was like Ronin Warriors on acid. The show was never really serious, but there was a duette done by the two most tone-deaf female leads in the show (US Version only). But... yeah... The review pretty much sums up the rest of it...

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Yeah. That show was so awesome back then (I was pretty little back then still), but it was so cool back then. Ahhh...the good days.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I was like 5 when I saw it first. Saw every episode and the move. First anime eever ^^ Wish I could find it today.

Years
  • I remember that show. XD I watched it every day back in...ah, when did it come on here, 1997 or so? I saw just about all the episodes that were aired around my area, anyways (that means there's a good few episodes I still haven't been able to ever see... *grumbles*). Absolutely loved that show - and I still even have some taped episodes lying around at home somewhere. XD

(Or I should, anyways - provided that no one's grabbed the tapes and recorded over them by now.)

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Blue said:
    I was like 5 when I saw it first. Saw every episode and the move. First anime eever ^^ Wish I could find it today.

They made a movie? Um, when did this happen?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    At the end of the show, don't think it was dubbed though. It had a differemt team.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Well... That would certainly explain why I didn't know about it...

Oh, by the way. Here's the english lyrics for the opening if anyone's interested:

SPC Theme Song:

Can somebody please cue that bird?

SAMURAI PIZZA CATS
    Oh yeah!!
    Who do you call when you want some pepperoni?

SAMURAI PIZZA CATS
    right on.
    They're stamp'n out crime and you know that ain't balony.
    There's Speedy Cerviche he's the leader of the bunch. THAT'S RIGHT!!
    A heck of a fighter, packs a heck of a lunch.
    And little Poly Ester who's never afraid...That's me!
    Of going into battle when the bad guys invade.
    There's Guido Anchovy, a wild romantic rover.
    This cat gets down down with a love hangover.

Here come the Pizza Cats.
    They're so bad.
    They got more fur than any turtle ever had.
    They're stronger than old cheese.
    Stronger than old cheese.
    They're stronger than dirt.
    More stonger than dirt.
    If you step on their tail...
    Not on my tail
    You're gonna get hurt.
    Don't hurt me

SAMURAI PIZZA CATS
    They're fighting crime...oh yes...
    All over town, 3...2...1 Pizza Cats are on the run.
    The Big Cheese is the villain whose lower than low.
    Its a rock-i-shay. He lives in little Tokyo.
    We got our nasty Bad Bird and a nasty ninja crow.
    As soon as someone finds the script, we might begin the show.
    Sit right back, Pick up your feet, And turn the sound up high.
    And if you want the full effects, go eat a pizza pie!

SAMURAI PIZZA CAATS

SAMURAI PIZZA CAAATS

I want to find a video or DVD of some of these episodes just to memorize these lyrics.

Can somebody please cue that bird?!

(Greatest line in an English opening ever. Even more hilarious is right after the line when they're pulling Bad Bird on strings to show him 'flying' over Little Tokyo. Priceless. Seeing that right in the opening the first time you watch SPC, you know... You KNOW that this one is going to be different...)

And then the two female leads create this singing duette called the 'Pointless Sisters'. Ingenious...

And the one where they fight the doppleganger robot. Speedy sees it turn into him and just sits there saying, "You do voice impersonations too?" Great line...

On an interesting note, Meowth and Speedy sound exactly the same. I'm not even kidding.

Last edited:

jmac32here

Founder of Drako's Den
    Years
  • neomon said:
    has anyone seen the samuri pizza cats its a classic I remember watching it 10 years ago with my mum its about thes cats (duh) but the have like robotic suits and they save the world and stuff (will post pics when i can find some)

I actually have some pics...and even a good part of the series on CD..maybe ill post them if you want?

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Here's some random quotes from the show I got from the Net.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stop Dragon My Cat Around!

Guido Anchovis (after zapping a bunch of Ninja Crowes with a psycedelic blast from his Sun Spot Umbrella)
    Hey guys, there's only one ticket left for the 'Iron Butterly' concert and you're going to have to fight for it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The nuclear potato

Narrator
    As the sun rises over Little Tokyo, another mechanical monster is wreaking havoc on the countryside! Who do you suppose is responsible for this?

Bad Bird
    Who else? Haha! 't Is I, star of the show.

Narrator
    Check your contract! It says "guest villain".

Kid
    Look mom, Polly can jump higher than the Empire State building!

Mama-san
    I didn't know the Empire State building could jump.

Narrator
    Is Polly right? Is the Big Cheese involved in this? Well if he isn't, we won't have much of a story, folks.

Kid
    Mama-san, what do they call that thing they shoot the cats out of?

Mama-san
    I'm not sure, but I think they call it a catapult.

Kid
    Boy, I'm glad I didn't have to say that line...

Narrator
    Is this the end of the Pizza Cats? After only seven episodes?

Speedy Cerviche
    Okay, get camera three in place for the Ginsu-sword sequence. Let's have a big finish!

Narrator
    Even though it was Spritz the Cat who defeated the robots and saved the day, Speedy's the hero who negotiated the lucrative merchandising deal for the Pizza Cats Running Shoes, T-Shirts, Lunchboxes and Executive Desk Sets. So we have a contractual commitment to make a big fuzz over him like this in every episode. Bear with us, folks, it's big business...

Bad Bird (who has just found out that Big Cheese didn't mean a nuclear potato)
    Shooks... It wasn't a nuclear, it was just a common tater

Narrator
    And so, we come to the end of another adventure with our heroes: Speedy, Polly and Guido, but they'll be back for another episode, unless of course they'll get a better offer from another producer.

Speedy Cerviche
    We're just waiting to hear from our agent about a big movie deal!

Narrator
    That's where you have to wear the turtle costumes, right?

Gone with the Ginsu

Jerry Atric (after the cats have broken into Big Cheese's vault)
    Oh no! Someone has broken into the vault! I hope they don't scratch my "Lovin' Spoonfull" albums.

Hot and Cold Kitties

Bad Bird (after freezing Professor Ohm)
    Now you know what it's like to live in Quebec. Perhaps now you'll learn to speak au fran?ais. Give us the secret, or you'll be eating cr?pes, pal!

Cold and Crabby In Little Tokyo

Speedy Cerviche
    Achooo! (sniff)

Francine
    Hey! Be careful not to sneeze on the pizzas.

Guido Anchovis
    Yeah, or we'll have to charge more for the extra toppings.

(Thanks to two4u.com/pizzacats for these quotes.)

(If you want to download the english opening theme, go to angelfire.com/ca/savespc. It's hilarious. Definitely worth it.)

Last edited:

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    The Nuclear Potato is the best one in my opinion. That has some of the funniest stuff in it.

Maybe someone should make an RPG of SPC... (Hohohohoooo.... gears are going...)

Naruto-Kun

Kage Bujin No Jutsu
    Years
  • I saw this a few times when i was a kid and it was on ITV (i think) and it was quite funny, and so was the theme tune ^.^

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    It's really funny how they constantly argue with the Narrator. It's just... classic...

Then of course how they get fired out of the giant six-shooter (with SEVEN chambers...) in each episode.

Then, Emperor Fred. Fuh-reeeed!!!! (A panda? I think...) All he ever says is his name. (I think this character actually inspired a series that's still around...)

Lucielle... (I think she's a sheep, or something...) Guido and Speedy always fight over her. Plus, when she gets upset (which is quite often), she fires hundreds of homing missiles out of her hairdo.

It's funny, because they should just send the three female leads after all of the enemies; they have a tendancy to be waaaaay more powerful than the male characters.

And we can't forget the Catatonic, their rip on Power Rangers. It just happens to be in the only mountain in the town, watched over by Guru-Lou.

And the Big Cheese, a mouse villain... EXPLODES!!!!! Every Episode!!! (And it never gets boring, seriously!)

jmac32here

Founder of Drako's Den
    Years
  • god...i still wonder why.. 1..they cancelled the show and 2..why they never showed all the eps.. i mean youd have to go online to find the missing episodes

i mean the show was classic..that it was cool

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Fox likes to change their lineup often and for no apparent reason. Pretty much, the only way that show will ever get re-aired is on Cartoon Network (They have tons of other shows already from Fox. Family Guy is a great example.).

jmac32here

Founder of Drako's Den
    Years
  • i think Fox needs to learn that sudden changes like that can either make or break a station...specially if they cancel a good show and replace it with something lame.. then theyd get killed in the ratings

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I wouldn't worry too much. Let's just petition Cartoon Network to put it on their channel. It's cable, but at least then it will be on. I think that's what all the SPC sites should do.

I mean, being the morons that they are, FOX would probably sell rights to it for a dime...

Back