• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Satoshi Yamamoto or MATO

Years
  • Old topic, but it's worth the discussion.

MATO's style was more of a chibi and comedic style while Yamamoto's style was kind of more serious, a bit more manga-ish.

Although I was impressed with Satoshi Yamamoto's earlier style in Pokemon Special, his latest work (especially for the FR/LG arc) wasn't much appealing to me. If I side with one, I'd stick with MATO.

*Shinigami*

死神
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2007
    I never knew there was two artists, I simply presumed that Mato was short for Yamato! But know I know they were two different artists, I'd definetly agree with oni and go with Mato. ^_^

Perhaps Yamato tried to 'adapt' his art in the early GSC arc to hide the change of arist.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2007
    I haven't seen Yamato's work, since I'm still searching for volume ten, but I do like Mato's work. The chibi figures give the series a good comdeic diversion, when the conflicts don't escalate.

Sternchen

*shining brightly*
    Years
  • I like Mato's style in the earlier volumes (1-7) but for the Ruby/Sapphire saga, Yamamoto's style is just perfect^^

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2007
    yeah, I like Mato's better, but thats probably because I saw mato's first, and think it goes better with Pokemon Special/Adventures

Years
  • I suppose it depends on the Saga, I wasn't very fond of Yamato's style on the FR/LG arc, however, I don't think MATO's stlye would fint with R/S/E. They are both excellent artists in their own right, but personaly I perfer MATO.

Back