• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Saying hello and a quick introduction

Days
Hello to all

I'm Ian and I Just wanted to pop in and say a quick hello and give a short introduction to myself.
Much to the embarrassment of my wife and kids, I'm a long time fan of Pokémon. Started collecting my first cards when they hit the UK back in 1999, had a bit of a break but then got back into collecting when my son was given a Pokémon book as a present. I found all my old cards and started to share them with him. Well that was quite a few years ago now but I'm still collecting.

What I collect is really linked to why I collect. I collect for the memories and that means I'm not searching for the most expensive cards and I'm not looking to make a fortune selling them. In fact a great deal of my cards wouldn't be touched by the big grading companies but I just don't care. They are my cards.

Favourite Series - Base sets. Only because they bring back those memories.
Favourite Pokémon - Mewtwo. I'm can't remember when or why Mewtwo became my favourite, but I'm always on the lookout for Mewtwo cards in any condition.
Pet Hate - Fake cards. Although I've been collecting a long time, I still get stung from time to time by fake cards. I kick myself but I'm building a bit of a unfortunate collection of them.

I've added a photo to this post to show you the condition of some of my cards (Mewtwo examples of course). I see the marks as history, not damage.

Anyways, enough rambling.
I'm just here to learn and enjoy the community.

Keep smiling and nice to meet you all

Mewtwo Cards - UKPokeCollector

Years
Hello to all

I'm Ian and I Just wanted to pop in and say a quick hello and give a short introduction to myself.
Much to the embarrassment of my wife and kids, I'm a long time fan of Pokémon. Started collecting my first cards when they hit the UK back in 1999, had a bit of a break but then got back into collecting when my son was given a Pokémon book as a present. I found all my old cards and started to share them with him. Well that was quite a few years ago now but I'm still collecting.

What I collect is really linked to why I collect. I collect for the memories and that means I'm not searching for the most expensive cards and I'm not looking to make a fortune selling them. In fact a great deal of my cards wouldn't be touched by the big grading companies but I just don't care. They are my cards.

Favourite Series - Base sets. Only because they bring back those memories.
Favourite Pokémon - Mewtwo. I'm can't remember when or why Mewtwo became my favourite, but I'm always on the lookout for Mewtwo cards in any condition.
Pet Hate - Fake cards. Although I've been collecting a long time, I still get stung from time to time by fake cards. I kick myself but I'm building a bit of a unfortunate collection of them.

I've added a photo to this post to show you the condition of some of my cards (Mewtwo examples of course). I see the marks as history, not damage.

Anyways, enough rambling.
I'm just here to learn and enjoy the community.

Keep smiling and nice to meet you all
Hello Ian, and welcome to the forums!
There is nothing wrong being a fan of Pokémon!
Since you are a fan of cards, the cards section is there for you!
Which generation of Pokémon did you start with ?
It is nice to meet you too!

Nanulak

A ghost in the snow
Days
Hello! Welcome to PokeCommunity! Nice Mewtwo collection! And I get it about the fakes; I do the same thing and had (counting all the ones I ever had, thrown them all away) quite a collection of those too! Do you like competitive, whether it's TCG or SV?

Days
Hi Nanulak

Competitive at the moment isn't possible for me due to family and work life getting in the way unfortunately. I can but dream.
I have a couple of local shops that I like to support and they offer the chance to play, maybe on day I'll pluck up the courage...

As a side note, I love the internet but I think if it's possible to support local shops we should...please everyone, support your local shop. It's takes a lot of dedication to run a shop and they need supporting. Just my view :-)

As far as the Mewtwo go...I could have photo'd a lot more but I don't want anyone to judge :-)

Keep smiling everyone

Years
Hello!
I got a couple scratched up cards from back when I was young too that I've kept around as well xD
A Holo Hitmonchan and Electrode come to mind :sadwick:

What's your favorite non-Mewtwo card that you have? Evil question, I know =P

Days
Hello!
I got a couple scratched up cards from back when I was young too that I've kept around as well xD
A Holo Hitmonchan and Electrode come to mind :sadwick:

What's your favorite non-Mewtwo card that you have? Evil question, I know =P
Hi :-)

My non-Mewtwo favourite card is an evil question...does Mew count? ;-)

So I have what might some might think is a weird response but I like Koffing but specifically the 2019 Cosmic Eclipse Holo Secret Rare #243.
It's the artwork that I like especially when you catch the holo effect in the light.

If you haven't seen the card, definitely look it up :-)

So, same question back at ya...what's your favourite card at the moment? Do you collect anything particular?

:-)

Years
from my old collection as a kid I like the holo Ninetales and holo Flareon the most, base & Jungle sets iirc.
For normal cards I really like the Growlithe I have, had to look it up, apparently it's from Neo Destiny. I just really like the art on it even if it's a regular card =3

From my SwSh/SV cards I got a really nice holo Indeedee that I love =3

Days
from my old collection as a kid I like the holo Ninetales and holo Flareon the most, base & Jungle sets iirc.
For normal cards I really like the Growlithe I have, had to look it up, apparently it's from Neo Destiny. I just really like the art on it even if it's a regular card =3

From my SwSh/SV cards I got a really nice holo Indeedee that I love =3
base set holos are just great cards and I recon and the Flareon card is a perfect example.
I know the more modern cards have great artwork and some amazing effects/textures but those original base cards still hold pride of place in my collection.

Sounds like you have a great collection of original cards...i'm quite jealous :-)

Years
base set holos are just great cards and I recon and the Flareon card is a perfect example.
I know the more modern cards have great artwork and some amazing effects/textures but those original base cards still hold pride of place in my collection.

Sounds like you have a great collection of original cards...i'm quite jealous :-)

I actually posted my old TCG collection on here some time ago, if you want to see: https://www.pokecommunity.com/threads/my-old-tcg-collection.501730/

I think you'll be relieved to know Holo Mewtwo is not missing :cool:
=P

Back