• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scarlet Tears

fullmoon224

Gamer 4 Life X3
Years
  • hey u dont have to tell me i have a low attention span i told u but ya i hate our teachers to i have to write that essay for S.S. and a project for art
    I HATE SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    winterfell said:
    What could have caused this?, wondered the Noctowl, which angled upward back into the trees.

I suggest putting the words in bold inside quotation marks.

winterfell said:
    "My first request is that you warn them. All three. You have to let them know. They'll be in danger now..."

I suggest making it:

All three of them.

winterfell said:
    The largest Pokemon moaned, Don't talk friend, you must rest. Please...

The D shouldn't be capitalized.

winterfell said:
    The human passed out, blood discoloring the grass.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say so I suggest making it:

The human passed out blood discoloring the grass

OR

The human passed out with blood discoloring the grass.

Sorry if I sound rude or something.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    I suggest putting the words in bold inside quotation marks.

I suggest making it:

All three of them.

The D shouldn't be capitalized.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say so I suggest making it:

The human passed out blood discoloring the grass

OR

The human passed out with blood discoloring the grass.

Sorry if I sound rude or something.

Nope, you don't. I'm glad that someone else looked it over. Thanks Lollipop! Good luck on your fic Skadi!

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Sorry about the double post here.

Here comes chapter 3. Sorry it took so long! I'll have more time to write as I'm on break until the 20th. Let's do this!

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokemon.

Chapter 3: Calling

Reiji grinned exhaustedly. "None of us expected him to do that. The Elders got into quite the argument afterward. Hiro agreed with us all the way, but Liam and the others are stubborn pains in the butt. I went to try and talk some sense into my brother, but he wouldn't budge."
    ………………….

Reiji hurried after his brother, his long legs struggling to keep up with the boy's furious strides.

"Shinji, wait up you hothead!" he yelled out, thoroughly exasperated. Shinji halted in place and looked over. He relaxed visibly at the sight of his brother and stopped, patiently waiting for him to catch up.

Coming up to him, the teen began to berate him, "Shinji, are you out of your mind? That little stunt could have gotten you executed or worse! What were you thinking?"

Shinji was silent a moment, before replying softly, "I want to see your dreams real, aniki. You look happy when you're battling side-by-side with your Pokemon. I want to see the person who never gives up on a battle, even if he loses, he still searches for a rematch. That's you."

Reiji was taken aback for a moment. He then retorted, "That doesn't mean you had to force yourself out of being a Mierna! It's all we have left with Mother and Father gone."

"No it's not!" The vehemence in that statement startled both siblings for a moment. The ten-year old's voice softened. "It's not and you know it. We're still family and so are the Pokemon. We shouldn't have to care about family honor or glory. That's not what binds humans and Pokemon. It just binds humans, and idiotic ones at that."

"But why do you have to do this? I can become a trainer again without you doing it."

"How?" whispered his brother, his shoulders shaking. Reiji felt a sudden, terrifying urge to run forever, recognizing it as his brother's wild emotions. "How are you supposed to go back to being what you were when its been taken from you? How are we supposed to go back with those greedy, power-hungry bastards ruling everything we care for? The only one who believes us is Hiro and he doesn't have any power there!"

Shinji turned to his elder, black eyes bright and flaming. "I'm going to do this and you can't stop me. This is the only way to make things right. Besides," He whistled softly. A black blur flew from the trees, landing on his shoulder with ease. "the two of us will be fine."

Shinji turned away and began to walk. Reiji stared blankly for a moment, before rolling his eyes.

"Fine then. However, you wait a day, all right? I need to fix my bag for you."

Shinji froze in shock before grinning and bobbing his head.

…………………..

"So wait," started Satoshi, "Let me get this straight: these Elders practically forced Shinji to be a Trainer?"

Reiji nodded solemnly, making the teen flinch with anger. "He would have done it soon, but he had no urge at the time."

Satoshi glared at the floor. He had wanted to be a trainer since he was little. There were things he didn't want to be. If they had been forced onto him, it would have provoked a very violent reaction. He believed people shouldn't be made to do things, that they should be given choices.

The group jumped suddenly at a low moan from the bed.

Shinji was struggling to wake, eyelids scrunched and expression tight. He was trembling where he lay. Chimchar awoke from his sad sleep as the teen shuddered underneath him. He let out soft cries of fear and poked Shinji hard, hoping it would wake him.

Black eyes half-opened and they stared listlessly at the ceiling. They all let out a sigh of relief.

"Shinji, you feel okay?" inquired Reiji.

The teen didn't seem to hear. He mumbled, "In danger…have to warn…enemies coming, strong but weak…hurts…can't see anything…need to warn… want to heal…can't…so weak and worthless…"

Reiji frowned. "This isn't good. He's not fully here." He began to shake him gently. "Come on little brother, hang on!" This only seemed to make him drift away. Shinji's eyes were closing and his voice fading. He mumbled something indecipherable and disappeared into sleep.

Chimchar let out a strangled cry. Satoshi put a soothing hand on the monkey's head.

Reiji was silent a few moments more, before inquiring, "Satoshi, can you wait a little longer for your battle with Fantina? There's a place I have to take you and we have to hurry there."

Satoshi blinked and nodded. "Sure, but why me?"

Reiji smiled quietly. "I'm afraid you're going to have to join us on our mission. We're taking a trip to Canalave City to see Byron. Then we have an island to trek to. You could have a try at that badge if you want. We have a long way to go."

Satoshi bobbed his head again, holding back his questions. Reiji stood up firmly and began to walk out, muttering something about finding a room. Chimchar curled up again, looking drained. The night marched on.

……………….

Satoshi was scowling as they exited the Pokemon Center.

"Why didn't Chimchar come with us?" he fumed, jabbing his hands into his pockets. Pikachu gave him a worried look, letting out a cry of confusion.

"It's probably instinct," replied Reiji absently, watching the trees. "Chimchar probably deep down still believes Shinji is its master, so he wants to protect him. That or it's something neither of us will understand."

Satoshi nodded, while Takeshi asked, "Any ideas how to get to Canalave quickly, Reiji?"

"Can any of your Pokemon carry you?"

"No."

Reiji let out a sigh. "Well then, we have a lot of walking to do."

Hikari let out a sigh. "Just great."

…………………

Inside a room, eerily clean in its demeanor, sat a small cage. A creature, black and dark violet in its color, lay on the cold steel. It stirred slightly, half-opening its eyes. Behind it, a door slid open, allowing two men to gain access.

"Anything?" asked the first in a quiet, silky tone.

"No sir. There's been no change." The other voice sounded terrified yet obedient.

"Hmm…the Boss won't be pleased about this, now will he?" There was a hint of menace lingering in the air.

"N-no sir. I-I understand. We'll contact you as soon as we get results."

"See that you do." The second rushed out, feet stamping hard on the tiling. The first man, his blue hair curled up in a crescent moon, gazed at the unmoving cage occupant.

Saturn sighed. "You are a troublesome creature, you know? Capturing you all those years ago is almost not worth it. Despite all of the power you've shown, you refuse to work with us."

The Pokemon refused to twitch, to give any sign that he could be used again.

"Maybe I should tell you…" mused the man. "Your precious partner infiltrated one of our bases." It stiffened unnoticeably. " Saturn continued, "He ended up turning the place to ashes. It is unknown whether he and his Pokemon survived or not. The Boss was furious about it."

The mouse-like creature let out a snuffle as it turned over.

"Movement," muttered Saturn "a good sign. I wonder…can they affect each other? Let's find out, shall we?" He exited the room, the door sliding shut behind him.

The mouse turned onto its stomach, muffling a cry of pain as violet eyes opened. Every nerve was tingling as though they were on fire. Partner was…hurt? Dead? No, he'd know. Where was he? The Pokemon closed his eyes, trying to find his partner, to wake him, to help.

The face of a small lilac-haired child, smiling an innocent, loving smile, peered at him. Strong arms wrapped around a small body.

A voice, words said so fiercely. "You can't hide forever. You can't remain bitter. Show them who you are! Stand up with your head held high and prove you are proud of what you believe in!"

"You are strong! I shouldn't have to tell you! Nobody should! If you know are strong, then you are!

The child was covered with grime and soot, yet unharmed, presented the little creature for them all to see.

Innocent radiated. "I know it was dumb, but look! I saved the Pichu!"

He didn't know when he fell asleep again, but soon there was a tug in him.

He risked calling out, "Shinji?"

The answer came back after a moment, hazy and almost too indistinct to hear, "Twilight?"

Relief flooded him and he cried out in delight. "You're alive!"

"Yeah…are you okay?"

"I'm perfect now. I've found you. You don't sound too good."

A faint chuckle echoed. "I went a little too far. I woke up. Now I have to try again. I'm glad to hear you. It's been a long time."

"Yes. It has." Their forced parting had left a deep scar on them both, hardening them.

"I'm going to see if I can wake up. I'll be there soon okay?"

"Yeah… see ya."

His sleep slowly became dreamless.

What am I writing? What is running through my twisted mind? Agh, can't pay attention now, have work to do. Later!

-Fell

Last edited:

SilverGlaceon

Fantasy is better than Reality
    Years
  • Yay!! You posted! Very good, and I have no idea what is running through your twisted mind. Not a clue. XD Keep up the good work, and I must finish my next chapter...I wish my writers block would go away...;~;

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    So no one can figure out what's going on at all in my mind? Ah well. Good luck with your writer's block!

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Sorry...again!

Sorry about this mods.

*looks at days between posts* Wow this came out quick! Only four days.

Alright, let's get started.

"Pika!"- Pokemon speech.

Chapter 4: Partnership

Time had passed and Satoshi was grinning at what he had accomplished. His Pokemon were so much stronger and ready for anything. He had faith in that. Yet, he sensed sadness in the group. They were incomplete and felt it. Pikachu was sleeping a short distance away from him, instead of right next to him like always.

"Pikachu?" The Pokemon shifted and rolled over to look at him. "Is something wrong, buddy?"

Pikachu immediately shook his head, rolling back over again. Satoshi looked around. Hikari and Takeshi were both fast asleep in their bedrolls, and Reiji was poking the fire with a stick. His eyes were glazed over and empty, his mind on other things.

Satoshi felt a surge of pity and yet he couldn't help his curiosity. "Hey Reiji, what's a Healer?"

Reiji blinked and glanced upward. "Why do you ask?"

"You mentioned it."

Reiji grinned faintly, the first in a few days. "A Healer is someone who can easily cure the injuries of battle without the use of Pokemon Centers or normal items from stores. They can make salves and such with the use of almost any plant nearby. Also…they are born with the ability to use their Aura both consciously and unconsciously without being trained."

"No way!" Satoshi had lowered his voice from a shout. "That can't be. Pokemon and people have the ability to use their Aura, but I thought it was through training that they could use it."

"That's not always the case. True, most of the time it has to be drawn out, but Healers are born with that limit removed."

Reiji's expression became brooding. "You can usually tell Healers apart from regular people. They're quieter, more empathic than others; they have a major inferiority complex, and a powerful bond with their Pokemon. Plus, they have sad smiles more often than happy ones."

Satoshi let out a quiet laugh. "I never would have guessed Shinji was a Healer then, except for the quiet part."

"Well, that was the condition. When the Elders stripped him of his rights as a Healer, behavior fell under the category of no longer being used."

"The Elders have that much power…"

"That and more. Poor Hiro. He didn't even want to be one."

Satoshi felt a resonance within him. "Reiji, I have the ability to use my Aura."

Reiji flinched slightly, hiding it almost immediately. "Is that so?"

"Yeah, I've used it a couple of times. I can't call it out or anything though. Do you know anyone who can teach me?"

Reiji pondered the question. "The only people I know of would be a man named Riley who frequently visits Iron Island and Shinji. That is to say, those two would be willing to teach you. There are others, but I don't think you should ask them."

"Why not?"

"Most aren't very good at it for one. That or they'll just be lying or unable to use it. Riley's probably a no-go unless you journey to Iron Island on your own time. When we get back to Hearthome, you can ask Shinji to do it. He probably won't mind."

Satoshi cringed inwardly at the thought of asking the lilac-haired teen for help.

Reiji sighed and put out the fire, plunging them into darkness. "Get some sleep. We've got a long journey ahead." Satoshi blinked and obeyed, curling up against a log.

"Reiji I have one more question."

"Shoot."

"What can Aura do?"

The young man grinned in the darkness. "That's something you'll have to find out for yourself."

"Oh." There was silence after that.

Pikachu listened for a moment, making sure they were asleep. Then he rolled over onto his paws, stretching. He took off down the road, not looking back.

…………………..

The moonlight shined through the hospital window. Shadows slinked along the wall. They seemed to be searching for something. Meanwhile, Chimchar slept on a chair, taking a break from the guard duty it had been performing hours ago. The occupant of the bedroom seemed to twitch.

The window seemed to shiver as it opened, the bottom pane sliding up. The sounds woke the sleeping Pokemon and it tensed immediately. A red-haired woman slid through. Her odd silver outfit glimmered in the natural light. Chimchar recognized her as Mars, one of Team Galaxy's three commanders and growled. She glanced over and smirked.

"Oh look, a monkey! Are you going to play with me?" she asked cheerfully. Her expression became sinister. "No, you're going to try and stop me, aren't you?" She lifted the Pokemon by its neck and began to squeeze. Chimchar gasped and struggled, a small fist hitting Mars. She scowled and threw him into the wall.

Crying out, the Pokemon forced himself to remain conscious. Opening one eye, he watched in horror as the woman moved toward the tubes connecting Shinji to certain machines.

Mars sighed. "I hate these kind of missions. Oh well, what the boss says goes." She examined the tubes. "It should be so easy to make this look like an accident." Chimchar shrieked and launched himself onto her back. She glared and spun, forcing the Pokemon off.

"You stupid beast!" she growled. "That's it! You're going first!" Reaching for a Pokeball, she froze when a hand closed around her wrist.

"Do I want to know what you're about to do?" a surprisingly lucid voice asked. She wrenched her hand free and whipped around. Shinji was sitting up in bed, eyes glazed yet firmly focused on her.

He sighed. "Don't answer that. You were about to kill that Chimchar, then do the same to me, weren't you? You're quite the idiot." Mars glowered. He continued, "I'd suggest giving up. You've made quite a bit of noise, no doubt alerting the nurses. Besides, it wasn't going to work. Chimchar would have set you on fire first. If you had any sense, you'd leave."

Mars blanched, realizing he was right. She scowled. "Ah well, guess we'll have to try some other time." She dove through the open window. Chimchar growled and made to leap after her, but Shinji held up a hand.

"Don't bother. Right now, we have to fake sleep. Don't worry, we'll get her later." With that, the teen buried himself under the covers once more, looking completely asleep. Chimchar blinked for a moment before curling up in the chair again, forcing his body to relax.

It wasn't a moment too soon. The door opened quietly and a Nurse Joy walked in. She saw a faint burn mark on the wall and glanced toward Chimchar. Then, shaking her head, she left the room.

Shinji sat up again a moment later, checking himself over. He winced and cursed.

"Looks like I got more injuries than before. How long have I been out cold?"

"A little over a week," replied Chimchar vaguely, fiddling with his fingers as he hopped up onto the white sheets.

Shinji nodded and observed the Pokemon. The Fire-type looked scared and concerned at the same time. "Let me see your wounds."

The Chimp Pokemon blinked in confusion. "Huh?"

"I said, let me see your wounds. She choked you and threw you into a wall. Hold still now." Shinji closed his eyes and called lightly to his Aura, which happily came alive, engulfing the teen in a pale blue shine.

He sent it into his fingers and lightly brushed them around Chimchar's neck. He continued to do so around the body, golden light trickling down from it.

After a moment, the lilac-haired teen lifted his hands away, a look of satisfaction on his face.

"There! You're all set!" Chimchar examined himself and jumped up and down with delight. Shinji seemed to laugh before a miserable expression replied his satisfied one, making him look rather empty.

"You're…angry with me aren't you Chimchar? You hate me don't you?"

Chimchar flinched and bowed his head. He really wasn't sure what he thought of his former master. However, he knew he didn't hate him.

"I won't be mad if you are. I mean, it's not like I'll regret what I did or it will change who I am. You aren't my Pokemon anymore. You're his Pokemon now...you're Satoshi's. Your opinion of me shouldn't matter, only his should."

"What are you talking about? Our opinions matter to him! They matter a lot!" Chimchar felt indignant. What right did he have to say that?

"That's not what I see." (1)

"What?"

"I see a boy who spouts words of faith and belief, yet turns around and blames himself for a loss right after all of you fight your hardest. He always talks about a partnership, but is that what that is? A partnership is where both parties work together to accomplish their goals. He takes all the credit away from you, win or loss, and does almost nothing to get the team stronger. It just doesn't seem right to me."

Chimchar blanched again. He wanted to say it was lies, but parts of it were true. It never seemed right to him, the Pokemon's relationship with Satoshi. He had blocked that away, thinking it was just pride.

Shinji lifted his head toward the direction of the moon. "I only see a partnership between Satoshi and Pikachu." He chuckled softly. "I suppose I'm one to talk. My way is just as bad. I've ensured that the team is strong powerwise, but we all barely trust each other. If one fails, the others bring them back up. I don't know if that's right, but it's what I think. "

Chimchar pondered these two opposing people while Shinji forced his legs to move, swinging them over the edge of the bed. He forced himself to stand, nearly collapsing to the ground. Chimchar gazed at him, watching him struggle upward, gaining no satisfaction.

"What are you doing?"

"I thought it was obvious. I'm going after Galaxy with the others, like before."

"But…your body's still injured."

"I'll live. I have to stop them. They're going to…destroy everything."

Shinji stumbled forward, gently yanking the needles connecting him to the machines out of his right arm. Grabbing at the chest of drawers nearby, he moved slowly toward his backpack, which lay innocently near the door. Rummaging through, he noticed his Pokeballs and clothes were missing. Chimchar watched him move, still in thought.

Then the Pokemon sighed. Shinji glanced over at the noise, pausing. Chimchar winced slightly before speaking. "I…don't know which one of you is right or wrong. But I do know this: I like you both."

"When you were sent to this hospital and I saw you like that, I didn't care about the mission anymore. I wanted to give up. But…you're right. Team Galaxy has to be stopped no matter what. So…I'll help you, because it's not just your mission. If they're going to destroy everyone then I have the right to fight back, to live!" Chimchar locked gazes with Shinji. "I have the right to live in this world, whether they want it or not. Let me fight!"

Shinji stared silently at him for a moment. Then he grinned. "You have grown, haven't you Chimchar? Well then, if you want to fight then you shall. Come with me." Chimchar smirked. "There's just one thing: how did you get here anyway?"

"Satoshi brought us here. He's headed to Canalave now, but that doesn't matter right at the moment," responded a Pokemon from the window. They turned and saw a familiar mouse at the window.

"You're his Pikachu, aren't you?" inquired Shinji slowly.

"Yes. My name is Lightning and I need your help Shinji Mierna." "Lightning" took a deep breath. "I need you to teach me how to use Megavolt." (2)

Yay, bonding moment!

(1) Shinji can understand what the Pokemon are saying. Remember the eighth movie where Sir Aaron understood Lucario based on telepathy? It's like that. All beings have aura, which means that all beings with their Aura activated can understand each other, no matter what language they actually speak. Pokemon use their aura when they are calling upon the energy to attack, so their aura is activated. That's why Shinji, whose aura is constantly activated, can understand the Pokemon.

Warning: None of that is actually in canon to the Pokemon franchise. That's just my explanation. Criticize it if you want.

(2) Megavolt, or the Mega-Thunderbolt. It has ten times the power of the regular Thunderbolt. Used in the manga by Yellow and Pika. There is also a rumor floating around that Pikachu used it in the first episode to protect Satoshi from the Spearow.

God that was long.Any questions about Aura will be answered in PMs or in future chapters. Later.

-Fell

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Gosh, it was only four days? 0_0 It seemed like weeks to me...lol, I'm so impatient. xD

Eh, I didn't post before, but I will now. You story's really great. Just one thing: you tend to use the words 'glazed' and 'gaze' a lot. But I don't really care about that. :) Can't wait for the next chapter!

(God, you make Ash sound so much more mature and less stupid.)

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    I do? I thought I used "suddenly" and "blinked" a lot. Oh well. Welcome new reviewer. Four days is shorter than the month it once took me to write a chapter on another site. That was just sad.

I don't think Ash really is that stupid. He's just naive and a little stupid. He also seems just a bit self-centered. They put almost no character development for him during the series. Go figure.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    True. But...he's just too goody-goody. It annoys me. >.> Anyway, even if you use 'suddenly' a lot, the readers don't notice because it's normal and there aren't many other words that could replace it. Or...maybe that's just me. X_X

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Amen. He's going to mature all the more when I'm done with this. The only reason I notice is because I get rather crazy about this sort of thing. I have no beta, so that explains most of it.

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    I swear vacation is the only reason these are coming out so fast.

Anyway, I could not write Saturn at all, but I tried.

You know the drill. Italicized speech is Pokemon talking. Also, when everything is in italics and there is Pokemon speech, it is not put into italics.

Chapter 5: Power

"You need me to teach you Megavolt?" repeated Shinji in shock. "Why me? Doesn't Satoshi know how?"

Lightning sighed. "Contrary to popular belief, Satoshi's an idiot. He doesn't really plan and doesn't always follow his instincts. He's my partner but he's deaf to our words and blind to our actions. The others are no better, mindless drones. I swear, you should hear them, spouting nonsense about everything going to be okay and always winning in their hearts. They're so stupid sometimes!"

Shinji and Chimchar both blinked at the ranting Pokemon. "You're rather bitter aren't you? You also seem to be a realist."

"Being dragged out of your home in the wild by an old man and a Pokeball unwillingly will do that to you."

Chimchar inquired, "I thought you liked Satoshi and the others."

"I do. I just wish he would act like an experienced fourteen year old trainer(1) instead of like that stupid ten year old who pissed off a flock of Spearow on his first day, ended up stealing a bike and getting his food eaten by a Rattata!"

Shinji chortled. "Wow, that's just…"

"Pathetic," finished Chimchar, deadpan. Shinji rolled his eyes.

"Real nice Chimchar. Anyway, you still haven't answered my question: why me?"

"Your brother was explaining Healers to Satoshi earlier before I ran off. You can use Aura. Very well, by the sound of it."

Shinji shook his head rapidly, a faint flicker of embarrassment in his eyes. "Reiji always compliments too highly," he mumbled. "I'm not a very good Aura user."

Chimchar asked Lightning, "Why'd you leave? Won't they need you at Canalave?"

The reply was, "This was more important than keeping the team together. I need to get stronger. If Team Galaxy's thievery of the Lustrous and Adamant Orb is any indication, then this world is in danger of disappearing. Megavolt is one of the two ultimate attacks of the Electric type Pokemon. I already know one, Volt Tackle, so I might as well know the other."

While they chatted, Shinji had put on his regular outfit. Zipping up his black sweater, he nodded to himself.

"I'm going to take a guess and say Reiji's leading them to Full Moon Island, right?"

"That's what he said. He told us that we were being dragged into this now, so they had to meet Cresselia."

Shinji looked distinctly upset. "Aniki shouldn't be worrying about such things."

"He's your brother."

"…Yeah. I'll teach you Lightning. However…I want to teach Chimchar how to use Blast Burn as well. Deal?"

Both of them looked at each other and nodded. Shinji held up his five Pokeballs.

"I've worried all of you a lot and… I'm sorry. However, that's not going to stop us. All of us, as partners, will keep walking forward." He pocketed them. Chimchar leaped onto his left shoulder happily. On his right, he placed his gray backpack.

"Now then Lightning, we have to train and catch up with them at the same time. Get ready for some nighttime lessons starting tomorrow. Tonight, we walk." Carefully, the teen eased himself through the window. Lightning nodded and followed. Shinji shut the window.

…………………

Satoshi was a mix of anger and fear. Pikachu was missing. They couldn't go looking for him. He glowered at Reiji's back, wondering where it was they had to go that couldn't wait until Pikachu was back. To his shock, Reiji looked back and glared in response.

The trees around them began to rustle. Cries of Pokemon rang through the air.

"What's going on?" wondered Takeshi.

Reiji clenched his fists. ""So they can sense it too then? This is worse than I thought."

"Hold up!" shouted Satoshi. They all stopped and turned to him in confusion. He locked gazes with Reiji. "You've told us almost nothing about where we're going or why we're going in the first place! Two of my Pokemon are gone and you still want to keep going! I think we deserve some answers!"

Reiji didn't speak, watching him before sighing. "I should have known this was coming. Very well then." He sat down against a tree. The other three gathered around.

…………………

"What?!" screamed Lightning in pure shock. Shinji and Chimchar blinked down at him, both covering their ears. They were in a forest, rather close to where Satoshi and the others were.

"What'd I say?" asked Shinji, slowly lowering his hands.

"You said that four years ago you met with the legendary Cresselia and protected her from Team Galaxy!"

"Yeah, I did. So why are you freaking out?"

"Why? Few Pokemon have even met her, let alone protected her! What else am I supposed to do? Lightning turned to Chimchar and hollered, "Why aren't you freaking out?"

Chimchar shrugged. "I was told this story before."

Lightning shook his head in annoyance. "Anyway, go on."

Shinji closed his eyes. "Four years ago, when I was just starting my journey as a Trainer...I had gone to Twinleaf Town first to pick up my starter Turtwig. After that I headed to Canalave."

"Why Canalave?"

"I didn't want to start my journey in my home region. People all over knew my brother and I. So I wanted a fresh start."

"Ah."

"We made it to Canalave and while we were there…"

………………..

"Those people sure look suspicious," observed the lilac-haired boy. He was watching a group of aqua-haired men and women board a sturdy looking ship. On his shoulder sat a dark-colored mouse, whose eyes were narrowed in suspicion.

At his side, a small forest colored turtle growled. He looked over.

"They smell off to you too Turtwig?" The Pokemon nodded. Shinji smirked. "Well then, let's go see what they're up to, shall we?" Silently, he sank into the shadows using them to maneuver his way near the ship. When he was certain there was no one in sight, he climbed aboard, taking refuge in the cargo area.

The ship began to leave port. Above him on deck, orders were being shouted. The ship hit a particularly nasty bump, sending the three into something hard. Shinji winced and rubbed the back of his head, wondering what he had hit. The back of his hand touched cold metal.

He turned and gaped. "This is…a cage? What are they trying to capture?"

The boat sailed onward, eventually halting abruptly. Shinji winced as he was sent flying again, landing behind a tower of boxes. The ship passengers disembarked, their feet pounding loudly above. Shinji waited a few moments before following slowly after them, Pokemon at his heels.

Outside, he heard the sound of moving water and smelled salt. He was on an island. The strange group, led by a man with dark blue hair curled in a crescent, moved ever farther into the island. With a shrug, Shinji crept after them, his eyes dark with worry.

Hidden by a pillar a few minutes later, he barely saw a bright flash of light. Peering out, he saw a swan-like Pokemon with wings and tail feathers in the shape of crescent moons. It was in the thick of battle against those people. They were outnumbering it easily, using many Golbat and a Toxicroak.

The leader ordered, "Toxicroak, Dark Pulse!" The frog Pokemon obeyed and their target cried out in agony.

"Shinji!" whispered the Pikachu, ready to leap. "We have to help Cresselia! If those people capture her, who knows what they could use her for?"

Shinji nodded and closed his eyes, holding up a hand. He called upon the Aura and let it surround him. Then, he focused it, the power becoming a sphere in his open palm. Opening his eyes, he grinned and tossed it over the enemy's heads. It slammed into a Golbat, knocking it from the air. Everyone turned, not expecting a black mouse to rush and attack.

"Twilight, Thunderbolt!" Twilight leaped over their heads and released black electricity, paralyzing the Golbat.

"Turtwig, Tackle!" Toxicroak expected the attack and blocked with an arm. Turtwig grunted and pushed harder. Shinji leaped into the fray, knocking the men to the side. Shinji whistled and Turtwig moved in front of Cresselia, while Twilight took his place in battle with Toxicroak.

"Toxicroak, Poison Jab!" It stabbed at the Pikachu, knocking him to his knees. It jabbed again, but Twilight was ready. He blocked with his tail, and remained firm. Meanwhile, Shinji had called upon his Aura again, sending it to his Pokemon.

"Let's finish this in one fell swoop! Twilight, Megavolt! Turtwig, Razor Leaf!" Toxicroak couldn't avoid the attack, and was sent flying into a rock wall. The Golbat fell just as fast. Shinji smirked and turned toward the Toxicroak's trainer. His two Pokemon landed on the ground, panting from the effort of those attacks.

The blue-haired man seemed to smile as he recalled his Toxicroak, the expression slightly twisted. "Very powerful attacks boy. I never expected a Pikachu with that kind of power."

"What of it?" inquired Shinji coldly, scooping up the mouse. He felt an abnormal emptiness coming from this man, making him edgy and nauseous.

"Nothing…just that you're a new Trainer, by the looks of your outfit and eyes. It's unusual for a Pokemon to have mastered that move in the wild." He chuckled, making a motion with his hand. The others moved away, headed back to the ship.

"How I train my Pokemon or what they know is none of your business."

The man continued to smile strangely. 'My name is Saturn. We are Team Galaxy and we intend to create a brand new world, better than this one."

Shinji's eyes narrowed. "What good comes out of telling me that?"

"It's just so you know what you're going to contribute to…well your Pikachu anyway." With that, Saturn ran forward and kicked the boy in the stomach. Shinji coughed and his arms loosened. The man grabbed Twilight, who was still recovering, and ran, headed toward the cliff where his ship was waiting.

With a cruel laugh, Saturn called as he jumped down from the cliff, "Goodbye, boy. Thank you for your help." Twilight stirred, shifting and growling.

On the island, Shinji was on all fours, snarling low in his throat. His eyes had become deepest violet and the pupils were cat-like.

"Let go…" he hissed, voice quiet. "Let go of Twilight…let go of him!" His Aura blazed. The wild emotions resonated with Twilight's heart and the Pokemon was surrounded in electricity, forcing himself from Saturn's hold. The Pikachu leaped at him, fangs bared, trying to rip out his heart. The lightning–shaped tail hardened like iron and slashed, but was blocked by a large, gray paw. Saturn turned and smirked.

"Hello Mars." The red-haired woman nodded in reply, watching as the Pikachu battled with her Purugly.

"You were supposed to capture Cresselia, not this Pikachu. What were you thinking?"

"This Pokemon is quite powerful. It knows Megavolt and there's a possibility of it knowing that attack as well. Heh heh, Cyrus should be pleased."

"You should hope he is. I doubt he'll let you live this down if it doesn't meet expectations."

"It will. Now it only remains to imprison the little beast and I have just the thing for that." Go Bronzor!" He tossed another Pokeball into the air. It opened, revealing what looked like a blue steel plate with eyes. "Bronzor, Hypnosis!" The Bronxor released a crimson sound wave. Twilight fought against it as the sound entered his brain, but then gave up and collapsed, sound asleep.

Saturn picked up the Pokemon again, taking it down into a smaller cage near the one meant for Cresselia.

Shinji, still on the island, growled as he felt Twilight collapse. He tensed his muscles, ready to leap after them.

Cresselia called out to him, "Wait! You'll never be able to catch them!" ]Turtwig agreed at once.

Shinji gritted his teeth and slowly sat down on the ground, eyes lowered. Turtwig trotted over to his partner, nuzzling him in comfort. Shinji absentmindedly rubbed the Grass Pokemon's shell in reply. They remained like that for a few moments. Then the boy walked over to Cresselia. He allowed his Aura to flow through him. Kneeling down, he channeled the power into the Lunar Pokemon, healing her.

"How…how are you doing this?" asked Cresselia in shock.

"I am a natural-born Healer, which gives me the ability to use my Aura for many purposes. At least I was anyway." He gave a bitter chuckle. "I don't know what I am anymore." Shinji stood and rummaged through his bag. He pulled out a Pokegear and dialed a number. The boy spoke quietly for a moment before putting it away. With a sigh, Shinji sat down on the ground again.

Turtwig came up to him.
    "What are we going to do now?" he asked, watching.

"Right this second? I don't know. In the future, I know exactly what. You, me, and any other Pokemon we gather, are going to take down Team Galaxy and get Twilight back. Their new world will not come to pass. Not without us dead. That is… if you're willing."

Turtwig grinned,
    "Of course! I won't leave a comrade behind!"

"Well then, get ready. Our journey begins soon."

(1) I am treating Satoshi as though four years have passed since his journey began, unlike the anime. There was something else I'm looking for, but I cannot find it. So... later!

-Fell

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Nice chapter! Huhhh, so is a Shiny Pikachu black? I'll have to go check...but the story is getting more interesting. There were a few parts where it seemed like you didn't know what/how to write, but it was great!

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    No, Shiny Pikachu is not black. I took a look and someone came up with the Dark Pikachu card. I saw an image. Most likely it won't ever exist but who knows? I took the idea and twisted it into Twilight.

That chapter was one of those iffy chapters. I had trouble with it, especially with Saturn and Mars. Oh well, I'm starting Chapter 6 tonight or tomorrow.

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Finally got this done! The ending sucks but I was in a hurry, so... Anyway, here goes!

The key is the same as before.

Chapter 6: Emotion

"Yikes," muttered Lightning after a moment.

Shinji raised an eyebrow in amusement. "Every single Pokemon I've told that too has had the exact same reaction as you except for Chimchar here, who just got irritated, activated his Blaze, and nearly set the forest on fire."

Lightning looked at Chimchar questioningly, who shrugged.

Shinji sighed. "Anyway, you asked and I answered. Now let's get started. The first thing we have to do is a mental exercise. Both of you stand two feet away from each other." They obeyed, both wondering what use this would be.

"Now Chimchar, I want you to envision a small ember. Block out everything else except that image. Lightning, I want you to do the same except with the picture of a small electric pulse. Let me know when you see that image."

There was silence for a few moments more before they both cried out in unison.

"Good. Now envision it engulfing you, becoming your power. Imagine its strength flowing through, your strength in its most untamed form."

Chimchar closed his eyes, envisioning the power and strength he could wield. He could wield the element of fire's true power. He wouldn't be weak.

A fire, overwhelming in its might, burst through his veins, flowing with his blood. Chimchar staggered slightly, but remained upright. This was familiar. This was that power, the one they had worked so hard to master.

This was Blaze.

"That's it Chimchar!" shouted Shinji. He looked excited. "Now, I want you to focus that energy into one blow. Make it into an overwhelming fire inside you and then release it all at once!"

Chimchar began to hone the power, but it was difficult. The fire was begging to play, to be free. He couldn't rein it in. Abruptly, the Blaze faded and he fell to his knees.

Shinji hurriedly came over, wincing as his wounds opened slightly.

Lightning's concentration broke and he fell on his butt, disgruntled.

"You both okay?" asked Shinji, a hand on his ribs.

"The guy who nearly died of blood loss and had his arm reset and is still injured is asking us if we're okay. Get your priorities straight," snapped Lightning with a scowl.

Shinji raised an eyebrow. "Well someone's ego got bruised."

"Shut up!"

Chimchar was quiet, deep in thought. After a moment, he voiced his confusion. "I could feel the power of fire running through me, but when I tried to actually get a handle on it, it slipped away."

That remark, surprisingly, made Shinji laugh. The two looked at him in anger, thinking he was mocking them. Shinji forced himself to stop, rather easily in fact.

Still keeping a hand on his rib, he explained. "I'm not mocking you. Its just that I finally get it."

"Get what?"

"Chimchar do you remember when you activated Blaze when fighting Ursaring?"

"Yeah…vaguely."

"Do you remember how you felt when it activated?"

"Angry and wounded… my pride was shattered. I couldn't stand losing to him. It was appalling. I wanted…to make him pay for daring to try and defeat me…and I wanted to make you pay for thinking you could beat me."
    The Pokemon's head hung at that last statement, feeling guilty for hating the person who had, in essence, saved his life.

Shinji patted the Chimp Pokemon's head. "I'm not angry. In fact, I'm pleased. It was that anger that awoke your Blaze. However, it took control of you. Try calling on your Blaze again and remember that, despite the fact that you are a trainer's Pokemon, you are still wild." Chimchar nodded and got back to work, feeling as though he had something to work for.

Shinji turned to Lightning, who was still scowling at the ground. The teen sat down next to him. "This may seem intrusive but what does Satoshi do when you screw up?"

"He says that I'm having trouble but can always try again."

"What do you think when you screw up?"

"I get angry with myself. Then after he says those things, it makes it worse."

"Why does his encouragement make it worse?"

Lightning struggled to contain his rage, which inadequacy and stupidity only fueled. How could this human ask such questions, when as a Healer, he knew the answer? He tried to swallow his injured pride. This boy was not the focal point of his frustrations.

Giving up on controlling himself, Lightning shouted, "You don't always have a second chance! You can't always hesitate or be merciful! You can't! All creatures have to survive in any way they can! We can't just screw up a move while fighting over territory and not worry about it! That will get you killed!"

Shinji covered his ears, wincing at the tone. Lightning continued to shout his frustrations into the air, causing the local inhabitants of the forest to scatter away in irritation. After a few minutes, the Pokemon calmed down, panting from the use of its voice.

"Better?" inquired the young Trainer after lowering his hands.

"…Yeah, much better."

"Good. Now trying calling forth your electricity like you did with the image of the pulse, except think of it as your power. When you do it, use the anger you just shouted into the air. Call upon those things." Lightning obeyed and silence permeated the clearing.

Half an hour later, the two Pokemon were battling each other, supervised by Shinji and Torterra.

Shinji smirked. This was going to be fun.

……………………

The ship slowed as it docked. The captain lowered the anchor and ramp. Reiji strode off, radiating confidence. Rummaging through his apron pocket, he pulled out a Pokeball.

"Ready for battle Electabuzz?" he asked with a grin, tossing the sphere into the air. "Go!" The Electric Pokemon appeared in a flash of white light and smirked.

"Isn't that Shinji's?" inquired Takeshi curiously.

"Yep," Reiji replied easily. "He gave him back after Pastoria. Said something about no point to taking him further for the time being. I bet it was because this idiot's too reckless." Electabuzz glared for a moment before stomping ahead. Rolling his eyes good-naturedly, Reiji led the others onward.

Up ahead there was rainbow light flashing rapidly, as though it were constantly trying to be extinguished. Looking up at the sky, Satoshi gasped at the sight of helicopters hovering. He recognized the familiar symbol painted on their open doors.

"Galaxy!" he hissed, pulling a Pokeball from his belt. One of his Pokeballs shook and opened, revealing Staravia, who looked enraged. Hikari returned Piplup to its Pokeball and called out her Buneary. Croakgunk stood by Takeshi, ready to battle.

Satoshi charged, tackling one of the grunts, who yelped loudly as he fell. The others turned and glowered in anger. Half directed their Pokemon toward the oncoming Trainers while the rest continued to assault Cresselia. The Lunar Pokemon let out a cry of pain and fired an Aurora Beam at one of the Golbat. In the shadows, Saturn smirked.

"Come out now…" he whispered, blue eyes flashing in the dark. "Come out and prove me right."

Out in the water, another ship was sailing rapidly toward Full Moon Island. Shinji sat against the railing on deck. A man dressed in blue came out of the cabin.

"We're almost there," he said. Shinji nodded.

"Thanks Riley," replied the teen, standing up.

"No problem. Family has to help each other out," Riley said with a calm smile toward his cousin. His face became serious. "So, are you sure they went back?"

"With all that light, they must have," pointed out Shinji, jerking his thumb toward the rapidly approaching island.

"I'm getting a bad feeling about this," stated Riley. His partner Lucario, who had followed him, let out a growl of agreement.

"That makes five of us," quipped Shinji, glancing toward Chimchar and Lightining, who were gripping the rails in impatience.

"Hey!" Lightning barked at Riley "Can't this stupid thing go any faster? Cresselia and those humans could be getting killed right now!"

"It'll get there when it gets there," replied Riley patiently, as he too could understand the Pikachu.

"I'm surprised you refer to my brother, your master and his friends as 'those humans'," commented Shinji.

Lightning scowled, "I wasn't talking about Reiji. I don't care if he is my master. The moron could get us killed."

"So could I," the human pointed out.

"It's not as likely. You think. He doesn't."

"You are determined to hate him aren't you?"

"Not hate him, just knock sense into him. I'm not returning to his side too quickly."

Chimchar called out, "A boat's already docked there! Come on!" Close to land, the two Pokemon leaped out and ran up the shore. Shinji hesitated for a moment before nodding at Riley and following.

……………………

Reiji glanced around hurriedly, searching for an opening. "We're too even," he muttered. "We need something, anything to make this tip in our favor." The something he was searching for came in a moment, as a burst of fire and lightning mixed with a blue energy blasted into a pair of Golbat attacking Satoshi and Staravia. Glancing over he grinned.

Shinji sat calmly on a high rock. At his side were Chimchar and Pikachu, their respective elements flaring around them. Tossing a Pokeball casually into the air, he smirked.

"Need some help?"

Will start chapter 7 shortly. Later! -Fell

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • I haven't read this in a while! This is an awsome story, Fell! I've loved it all. OMG. Soo awsome. I can't wait for Chapter 7!

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Thanks Skadi. Well, here we go then!

Chapter 7: Reality

"Need some help?" asked the lilac-haired teen. The other trainers didn't answer, still slightly shocked.

Shinji sighed, "Looks like you do. All right then you two, no mercy." Both Pokemon let out wild cries and leaped from the rock, crashing into their opponents. Shinji slid down, kicking a grunt in the stomach. The fight had begun again.

Shinji observed a shadow trying to capture Cresselia once again. He sighed again and threw a Pokeball in his direction.

"Honchkrow, Sky Attack!" The Big Boss Pokemon's body was outlined in a white light as it charged, flying into Toxicroak. The Toxic Mouth Pokemon grunted and stood back up, getting back into the battle with ease. Honchkrow happily obliged to the challenge.

Shinji glared and gave a roundhouse kick toward Saturn, who dodged almost expertly. They each continued to punch and kick, occasionally landing a blow. Shinji was slower, due to how gingerly he was moving himself. Saturn had no such restraints, jabbing a fist into Shinji's ribs. The teen coughed, spitting blood. Chimchar smelled it and yowled with anger, launching himself into a Flame Wheel at the Galaxy commander. Saturn winced as he was nearly burned.

Cresselia floated higher in the sky. She let out a loud cry and released powerful waves of Psychic energy. All of the Pokemon, friend or foe, were flung aside. Galaxy members hurriedly returned their Pokemon and the helicopter landed quickly to grab them. Saturn smiled savagely at them.

"Analysis complete."

"What?" shouted Satoshi as he ran forward.

The blue-haired man simply laughed again and disappeared into the helicopter, which floated up into the sky and flew off. Satoshi pounded a fist into an open palm. "Shoot! They got away." Shinji watched him a moment before moving toward where Cresselia hovered. The Lunar Pokemon nodded at them and disappeared in a shining rainbow aura.

Shinji sighed. "Prideful Legendaries." Riley came up the beach.

"Everything good?" he asked. Shinji nodded and Chimchar and Pikachu returned to his side. Satoshi watched as Chimcahr and Pikachu began to run in circles, celebrating the victory against Galaxy. Shinji was trying not to laugh as they went into the strangest poses. The young man next to him was grinning easily. Satoshi walked over and knelt near the two, who immediately stopped.

He grinned. "Hey guys! I'm glad you're okay." Pikachu, to his shock, glared at him and stepped back.

Shinji warned, "Satoshi don't…Lightning's kinda mad at you." Satoshi ignored him and continued to walk forward.

"Pikachu, what's wrong buddy? What is it?" Pikachu glowered and electric sparks began to fly from its cheeks. Shinji blanched and knocked Satoshi to the ground, just as the electricity went flying, nearly hitting them both.

Satoshi sat up and shouted, "What was that for?"

Shinji rolled his eyes. "Your Pokemon was irritated with you and you just don't know when to leave it alone. Lightning nearly killed you."

"If you hadn't knocked him down, I would have," muttered Lightning darkly, still glaring at Satoshi.

Satoshi got to his feet, eyes dark with anger. "What'd you do to my Pokemon?"

Shinji raised an eyebrow. "They wanted my help and I gave it to them. It's his anger, not mine."

"That's a lie! You made them hate me somehow!"

Shinji glared, the expression much more terrifying than Satoshi's. "Have you ever considered that you were wrong? That your Pokemon are angry with you because you refuse to understand them? Because you don't listen to them? The reason you can't use your Aura isn't just because you have no teacher. It's because you're too goddamn stubborn to change and grow up!"

With that, he walked away, the three Pokemon following. Reiji ran after him. Hikari and Takeshi came over to Satoshi, who remained where he had stood, his face blank and confused.

……………………

Shinji had returned to the boat, eyes dark with anger. Chimchar leaped into his lap, making him absentmindedly stroke the monkey's head.

Lightning was silent a moment before he pointed out, "This isn't your fight. You don't have to get involved."

"He accused me of forcing my opinions on you two. Plus, he has no clue what you're saying."

"Mm. This time it's a blow to your pride."

"Guess so. So, who's going to forgive him first? Me or you?"

"Probably you. You're not too mad at him."

"Mm."

Reiji sat next to him. "How long have you been waiting to say that?"

"Since I met him."

"That's a lot of anger." Shinji shrugged.

"I can't have a tantrum once in a while?"

Reiji grinned teasingly. "Maybe. You're supposed to be the mature young teen after all."

"You're evil," whined the younger sibling, giving his brother a mock glare.

"I know," Reiji replied with an easygoing smile. He became serious again. "So, have you…"

"I'm fine," Shinji replied flatly. The elder sibling sighed wearily.

"You just refuse to let me worry, don't you?"

"That's what I'm here for."

…………………

Satoshi sat in the sand watching the waves. They lapped at his feet lightly, soaking his shoes. He took no notice.

'Have you ever considered that you were wrong? That your Pokemon are angry with you because you refuse to understand them? Because you don't listen to them?'

He clenched his fists, expression twisting with anger.

'I always thought I was doing the right thing. I was kind to Pokemon and they responded and became stronger. I thought I knew them.'

"What are you doing beating yourself up?" an unfamiliar voice inquired. He looked up and saw the young man who had been chatting with Shinji earlier.

"Who are you?" asked Satoshi, curiosity overriding his self-anger.

The man grinned. "I'm Riley, Shinji's cousin. Glad to meet you."

Satoshi jumped. "Wait…you're Riley? And you two are cousins?"

Riley laughed. "How did you think Reiji knew me?"

Satoshi blushed. "Ah, well I…"

Riley smiled at him. "Relax, I've gotten that before. Anyway," he frowned. "I caught you getting yelled at by Shinji. So, what'd you do?"

Satoshi gritted his teeth. "He told me that I wouldn't understand Pokemon. He said it was my fault that I couldn't use my Aura."

Riley gave him a once over before nodding sagely. "Well, he's right about that."

Satoshi looked at him curiously, unable to be angry despite himself, "What do you mean?"

"It's your Aura. Nobody controls it except you. Since being able to control your Aura affects your ability to understand the words and hearts of Pokemon and you can't control it. In essence, he's right and it's all your fault."

Satoshi stared at the water. "Why was he so mean about it?"

"Would you have responded to anything else?"

"Huh?"

"If he had said it kindly, would you have believed him?"

"Probably not."

"Exactly. Besides, it was either get yelled at or get electrocuted. Myself, I'd be more than happy staying as uninjured as possible."

"So Pikachu was…really trying to hurt me?"

"Of course he was. Lightning's really mad at you, you know." Shinji came up from behind and sat next to his cousin, looking a lot calmer than earlier.

Satoshi looked his rival over, noticing the careful way he held himself as though he were waiting for something.

The black-haired Trainer inquired, "Why do you keep calling him that and why…why is he so angry with me?"

Shinji shrugged, "He said that was his name so I'm calling him by that. As for why he's mad at you, well…"

Satoshi felt a flicker of fear. "What?"

"Look, all I know is that he sees you as an idiot and a hypocrite. He only told me how you two met. I didn't ask him to tell me anything else, so he kept quiet. I do think that…" Shinji paused. "Lightning was with me because he came to ask me a favor. I helped him because you couldn't. I think that he felt weak and he wanted to get stronger and, in his eyes, you couldn't help him do that."

Riley rolled his eyes. "From what I saw of him, that Lightning can hold a grudge. You aren't going to be forgiven for a while yet, I'm afraid."

Shinji agreed. "You didn't see him when he was shouting. My poor ears."

Satoshi felt terror. "Will…will Pikachu ever forgive me?"

Shinji nodded. "He just needs some time to cool down and stay away from you." He stood up and stretched. "Come on Riley, let's go get the boat ready. We should return to Canalave." Riley nodded and got up. He strode down the beach.

The lilac-haired teen glanced down at Satoshi, who looked rather forlorn. "If this is any condolence, Chimchar does not hate you. He is simply fulfilling a promise."

With those parting words, he strolled after his cousin.

Chapter 7 is complete and I have no idea on when chapter eight is coming out. I do know it won't take long as school is almost over. Unity of a Pack won't be long either.

Laterz!

-Fell

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    It's been a while. Let's go!

Chapter 8: Anger

The boat rocked side to side, buoyed by the light waves. Satoshi watched Lightning, as the Pokemon called himself, attack Chimchar with a crazed ferocity. His tail slashed like a blade, again and again. Each time Chimchar dodged with a natural ease, not a counterattack in sight. Lightning seemed to become angrier at each missed blow.

Suddenly, Chimchar launched himself at the mouse, scratching with fierce claws. Lightning tried to dodge out of the way but fell backwards. Chimchar slashed and paused with his left hand just above his opponent's neck.

"Dead," stated Chimchar in a monotone as he held out a hand. Lightning didn't take it, standing up on his own with an aggravated huff. The Chimp Pokemon sighed. "Anybody tell you you're a sore loser?"

"Anybody tell you you're an ass?" retorted Lightning coldly

"Cool it Lightning, you're already alienating everybody else," muttered Shinji darkly. "Anyone would think you've got a stick up your butt."

"You're one to talk you antisocial prick," snapped the mouse, thoroughly peeved.

"Looks like you've touched a nerve Shinji," chirped Chimchar with a smirk. "Better be careful or he'll try to bite. Of course he'll miss, but…"

"If I were you, I'd keep quiet you emo masochistic waste of a Pokeball," threatened Lightning.

Shinji sighed. "Stop Chimchar."

"Why, so he can sulk and lick his wounds?" Chimchar rolled his eyes at Lightning. "You've got more pride than a Legendary and I bet it's all because you know Volt Tackle. Newsflash: you've fired that thing at Elekid and quite frankly, you got beat." Chimchar's smirk widened. "I bet the only reason you want to learn Megavolt is so you can say that you're better than anyone else. It's not to get stronger; it's for your own satisfaction!"

"You shut up!" Lighttning roared, launching himself at the monkey. Chimchar leaped and swung onto the bottom of the railing, dodging the furious Pokemon. Landing on deck, Lightning soared again, this time using Volt Tackle. "I'll teach you to mock me!"

"Good luck with that," replied Chimchar, gathering the energy of his Blaze. His grey eyes flashed crimson and his smirk became a smile. He took a deep breath before releasing a dragon of fire.

"Blast Burn!"

…………………

"I can't believe you did that Chimchar," mumbled Shinji in slight shock. Chimchar looked up at him from his lap and grinned. They had gone down below to repair the hole Chimchar had made.

"What's wrong? You don't believe that I'm awesome?"

"No. I can't believe you sent Lightning into a fit of rage before effectively knocking him out with a Blast Burn and leaving a hole in the boat. Lucky for us, it's patched but that was probably one of your less brilliant ideas." He glanced at where Reiji was tending to Lightning's wounds. The mouse was glaring halfheartedly.

Shinji placed Chimchar on the deck and disappeared into the cabin. He found Riley carefully steering the small boat.

"Things are about to get heavy," warned the bluenette. "Get them downstairs."

"They're already down there. We had to patch a hole because Chimchar nearly sank the boat with a Blast Burn."

"Did he piss off Lightning then show off?" inquired Riley without taking his eyes off the sea.

"Got it in one," replied Shinji leaning against the wall.

Riley sighed. "Of course. I thought you and Satoshi had egos, but they're so much worse."

"They usually get along, but not now."

"Who knows? Here's to Arceus it blows over."

"Here's to Arceus that we're alive when it does."

……………………

A week later and the group stood in a forest clearing. Their respective Pokemon were out and observant. Satoshi stood stock-still, eyes squeezed tightly shut.

"Calm down Satoshi," advised Riley. "You can't force it out. You have to call upon it lightly, like an old friend."

Satoshi forced his body to relax. What if he messed up and couldn't call it? What then?

"No one gets it the first time," muttered Shinji. "It's good that you don't actually."

The black-haired Trainer took a deep breath and searched for a sign, even a small one, in his mind. Down his self went into blackness, searching for the light.

Meanwhile, a faint blue glow surrounded Satoshi's body. The glow continued to brighten, lighting up the whole area. He could see the faintest of sparks, almost waving at him. He mentally reached out to touch it and was blown out of his trance abruptly. His head ached.

"What was that about?" he grumbled, feeling irritable.

Riley grinned. "It was too much for you. Don't worry that's gonna happen another couple of times."

"What?" whined Satoshi "No way!"

"Afraid so."

Lightning snorted in contempt. "Weakling."

"You're one to talk," retorted Torterra, reminding Lightning of his failures over Megavolt. Lightning "tched" but made no reply. Lightning had a fierce respect for the Continent Pokemon and knew not to mess with him.

"Try again Satoshi," ordered Riley.

"Okay." He allowed himself to slip into the trance again.

"Will he get it this time?" Hikari asked herself.

"It's unlikely he'll get it the tenth time," Shinji replied in a monotone.

"What do you mean? Are you calling him incompetent?" Her glare was almost menacing. Shinji shook his head, unperturbed.

"No, that's just natural. Calling forth your Aura and controlling it takes a lot of mental strength and control. It takes a while to focus your mind to that."

Reiji snorted and muttered, "Says the guy who harnessed it in a burning building of all places."

Shinji glared and elbowed his brother in the ribs. "Didn't have much of a choice did I?" he hissed.

"You could have not run willingly in there." Reiji was trying to keep calm, but was growing even more enraged with his brother's cold indifference.

"Oh yes, run away and let an innocent Pichu get crushed by burning wood. That would go over fine on my conscience."

"Your death would have gone perfectly well on mine, wouldn't it? Watching your younger sibling try to kill himself before he knew better and not doing anything to stop him is a good thing to do."

"Hasn't prevented you from letting me do it now, huh?"

Reiji's eyes narrowed. "What do you mean by that?"

"You were worried when I ran into the Galaxy building weren't you? You didn't tell me off, but this time you didn't blame yourself. Only difference between both buildings is you thought you had to watch me like a hawk the first time. Though, you didn't have to do it then. You just felt like you had to."

Shinji snorted. "You really want your confidence back, right? Then get over your loss against Brandon and stop living through me! You've been afraid of confrontation ever since! Get over it already! It's been four years!"

Reiji stared at his brother, completely appalled. Never before had his brother spoken so insultingly about his loss against Brandon or his behavior afterward. Never.

"What brings this up?" he asked coldly.

"Only you and your derisive words Aniki," With that parting shot, his sibling turned to watch Satoshi. Reiji stared at him in confusion but remained silent, understanding deep down he had no way to deny any of it.

There, finally posted. Look forward to chapter nine everybody!

-Fell

Back