• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sceptile

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    I planing to get a Sceptile when I get E version(I never use him before and my cousin uses Mudkip so I know how that guys works). I really not sure what to teach it thougth. That where I need help.

DO you guys have any possible moveset for this guy. I was thinking around about this one.

Sceptile
    Earthquake
    Leaf Blade
    Toxic
    Rock Tomb?

Is this a good possible moveset? Post what you think.

Squarewalker

Have a nice day.
    Years
    Well, the moveset you posted isn't very good. Leaf Blade can stay, but Toxic and Rock Tomb?? I'd suggest you to use this one:
    Sceptile@?
    Leaf Blade
    Crunch/Brick Break
    Thunderpunch/Dragon Claw
    Leech Seed

? Bleep ?

Drunken Latios
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Dec 21, 2005
    charizard_maa said:
    I planing to get a Sceptile when I get E version(I never use him before and my cousin uses Mudkip so I know how that guys works). I really not sure what to teach it thougth. That where I need help.

DO you guys have any possible moveset for this guy. I was thinking around about this one.

Sceptile
    Earthquake
    Leaf Blade
    Toxic
    Rock Tomb?

i have one... and its not too shabby,,, well i use it on my OU team... which beats most people... not all though.

Sceptile@Petaya
    252 SPA/252 Speed
    Timid
    -Leafblade
    -HP Ice/Leechseed if you can't get HP ice.
    -Substitute
    -Thunderpunch

If you stick with hp ice nd thunderpunch combo, you have psuedo bolt beam... big emphasis on the psuedo part. and when you're down to red health, the petaya and overgrow kick in... which make sceptile pretty strong... i've swept whole teams with it...(well the people were n00bs, but the point is that they lost to a petaya leafblading sceptile).

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    slight change from the above set

sceptile@ Lefties
    ~Leaf Blade
    ~Sub
    ~Leech seed
    ~HP: Ice

stall until you can K.O. them
    by using leech seed and then dodging their moves with sub
    only works if you are faster

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    Ok, I am no expert Sceptile trainer but what wrong with the move set that I plan out. (NOt being rude just want an explaination) I was thinking that Earthquake would rid me of the fire types and Rock Tomb to get rid of the flying types. (Toxic was just a filler that I thougth up at the time)

I kind would like an explaination like: WHy HP ice?

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I think your original moveset is fairly good (I use a really similar one, but Dragon Claw replaces Toxic). I don't get the use of HP Ice as well >_>;

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    Do you want attackind or stalling time sceptile?
    if for stalling maybe you can used this
    Leech seed
    toxic
    Protect
    detect

You can replace toxic with leaf blade. If your heald started low you can leech seed them and use protect then detect then protect......or if you think you can take em with leaf blade attack them straight

Squarewalker

Have a nice day.
    Years
    I'm not very fond of Hp ice, but I think it's maybe better than Rock Tomb, cause Sceptile has a better sp.attack than attack and Rock Tomb has a lower accuracy than Hp ice. Earthquake uses the attack stat, not the spa. I think that Sceptile hasn't got a good chance of survival against fire types, so you could save EQ for another pokemon. Toxic works better for tanks, so saving that TM could be useful in the future. I think that sp.attack stat using attacks are more ideal for a Sceptile than the attack using attacks.
    You just wanted us to post a moveset, so we posted one. I didn't want to be rude, just wanted to tell you that the moveset you wanted to give to your Sceptile isn't very good. You wanted us to post what we think, and well that's my opinion.

Kinsburo

I rule you with my mind
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2005
    i say use return for petes sake a starter pokemon should ADORE you

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    I looking at making an attcking move set.

So what you saying (torkoal 7) is that I should foucus on Sceptile's speacil atacking power.

When I think about it. Break Brick or Leech Seed seem like a better choice then toxic. Dragon Claw over Rock Tomb, I not sure because I asking myself why Dragon Claw. Earthquake not even sure if I going to use on him but its just an idea.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 29, 2007
    Yes that is what you should do. It's no good for physical moves. This Sceptile moveset kicks major ***.

Sceptile@salac berry
    Timid/Modest (both are good)
    EVs: 6 HP, 252 Speed, 252 spcl.atk
    Leaf Blade
    Crunch
    Dragon Claw
    HP fire/thunderpunch

It works. And after all I am the sceptile master. You know you're doing right with something like the above. Just incase you don't know what evs are then visit my website at https://www.freewebs.com/sceptile_master/advancedgeneration.htm and click on the game mechanics section.

mew_master

(don't)ignore paranthesees
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2005
    ingame, rock tomb is good on sceptile. it gets rid of flying, fire, bug, and ice weaknesses. for netbattle...try this:

Sceptile@Leftovers/Petaya Berry/Salac Berry
    ~Leech Seed
    ~Substitute
    ~Leaf Blade
    ~HP Ice/Protect/Thunderpunch/Dragon Claw/Toxic

leech seed the pokemon, substitute, leaf blade for making the process faster. hp ice for other leechseed-immune grass types, protect for the free hp boost from leech seed, thunderpunch for flying types, dragon claw will do some damage to salamence, toxic to make the process faster. usually this set guarantees at least one ko, and is almost unstoppable if you baton pass a mean look to it.

for ingame try this:
    Sceptile@Leftovers
    ~LeafBlade
    ~Crunch/Leech Seed
    ~Thunderpunch/Dragon Claw
    ~Earthquake/Brick Break/Rock Tomb/Leech Seed
    hope this helps!

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 29, 2007
    Rock Tomb is not good on sceptile, I repeat that again rock tomb is not good on sceptile. A leech seed/subsitute doesn't work as well on sceptile either. If you wanted an annoyer set on a grass pokemon that's what ludicolo and jumpluff are there for.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    sceptile@petaya [timid]
    evs: 252sp.att, 252 speed, 6hp
    -leech seed
    -sub
    -leaf blade
    -hp ice

hp ice cuz it gets flying types(resistant to grass) and other grass types. ice is very handy. fire works too.. but i dunno.. i find ice better on sceptile. you can switch leech seed for another special but i like leech sub to weaken pokes and ensure they die with a strong special attack.

sceptile is a special sweepert. i guess his physical attack can be decent but most pokes are better when they specialize. combo sweeperts usually aren't that good at either making them rather useless. take advantage of his high sp.att stat!

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    Try this:

Sceptile@Lefties/Petaya Berry
    EVs:252 Sp. attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    Nature:Modest/Timid
    Leaf Blade
    HP [Ice]/HP [Fire]
    T-Punch
    Leech Seed

HP Ice, works better than Rock Tomb, because Secptile has more levrage in Sp. attack, and it can still hurt fliers, and Dragons. Thanks to c dog for reminding me of HP Fire. Hope this helps.
    :D

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    charizard_maa said:
    Ok, I am no expert Sceptile trainer but what wrong with the move set that I plan out. (NOt being rude just want an explaination) I was thinking that Earthquake would rid me of the fire types and Rock Tomb to get rid of the flying types. (Toxic was just a filler that I thougth up at the time)

I kind would like an explaination like: WHy HP ice?

HP: ice runs off special attack which sceptile has more of and has a larger base power that rock tomb which lets it take out fliers much more effieciently

Leech seeding a fire type and then switching to a water type will easily negate the damage the fire type waws doing and cause it to switch out

BTW thanks for posting the same set as me C-Dog, now we have got momentum.
    but, I still prefer leftovers on it so it can stall better

Charmander & Cyndaquil said:
    Do you want attackind or stalling time sceptile?
    if for stalling maybe you can used this
    Leech seed
    toxic
    Protect
    detect

You can replace toxic with leaf blade. If your heald started low you can leech seed them and use protect then detect then protect......or if you think you can take em with leaf blade attack them straight

Protect and detect run off the same counter as does endure =/

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    Thanks everybody. After what I have heard I think I go with this moveset.

Sceptile
    Leaf Blade
    Tunderpunch
    Dragon Claw
    Brick Break/Earthquake

I was thinking that HP Ice will be hard to get so Tunder Punch will be easy to get. Leaf Blade was a good to begin with. I just can't stop thinking about Earthquake on him so that why I may just fill it with Brick Break. I know that this isn't the best set but I still got time to think about what this Sceptile will know.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 29, 2007
    Crunch is a definete over brick break/earthquake. Good for those ghost and psychic types. Earthquake is alright for fires but just wont help. it wont do enough damage and then the fire type has got you. And brick break is very pointless on sceptile.

? Bleep ?

Drunken Latios
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Dec 21, 2005
    charizard_maa said:

Sceptile
    Earthquake
    Leaf Blade
    Toxic
    Rock Tomb?

okay here i go:

EQ- I was up against someone who had a sceptile with this. It didn't kill me jolt in OH, and i can gauruntee that all the common fire types will have much more defense than my jolt.

RockTomb: What is this... like a 20 power? HP Ice is more powerful, and makes use of scepts SPA, which means much more damage.

Toxic just sucks.

Back