• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

School; To skip or not to Skip?

Years
    I don't skip often, I think I've only ever done it four or five times in my whole life ._. Most of the time its been stuff like tutor group which are completely useless now that we've sent off our UCAS forms. We literally just sit there and talk about random things like what job the teacher had before she started teaching. So if I had any work that needed to be in I'd skip the class and do it then.
    Once or twice though I skipped class because I couldn't stand being near the teacher. She'd constantly grill me about how I'm going to fail at life and die alone because I took a couple of days off after my grandmother died.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    I never have, but nearly skipped school entirely with my friend one time. I would help her skip school and sneak out, since their security was pretty bad. She would always ask me if I wanted to go with her, but the only thing what would hold me back was the fact my father happens to be everywhere...since his job usually involves fixing houses and going from house to house, for some strange coincidence, the days I would be tempted to skip, he would be roaming the streets outside my school.

marcc5m

what
    Years
    I skip school far too much. This year I've been at school for like, half the time, and the rest I've either been ill or just didn't want to go (for reasons I won't say here). Mostly ill, though, I had really bad conjunctivitis during all of September.
    But yeah, I've skipped so much school that as it stands, I won't pass a single subject this year. :\

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    I did skip school a few times but I tried not to overdo it. When I did, it was usually on those days when I knew in advance that next to nobody else was going to attend and it was all going to be a big load of nothing. Examples included senior skip days, weather make up days, and when it was so late in the year that all exams were done and the grades were absolutely final.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I never skipped once in my life. I didn't even like taking sick days for fear I'd miss something and have to waste time catching up. From ninth grade onwards, taking days off for sickness was really only on an "if you can't walk" basis lol. I was the hugest nerd you could ever hope to meet... in the Hermione sort of way, it was almost obnoxious.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I've never skipped school, but there were times when I was younger where I'd possibly exaggerate things like a cold into something more. So sometimes I'd extend a leave of absence from school, but that would be the worst. The thought of skipping school would just send images of truant officers finding me and and making me so embarrassed for having skipped it, so the thought never really had any chance to blossom into reality. I was such a good kid it's sickening...

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
    well, i've never really skipped school during my elementary and high school years. however, as a college student, i'm more prone to cutting classes now. usually, my excuses are that i'm too tired, i have a paper to finish for another subject, or that i'm cramming for an upcoming test in another subject.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I'm skipping school today.... actually. Oops.

Well, I just skip when I don't want to go to school, or am not feeling too hot. I usually just ride the bus to school then walk to my homie's house from there. Then I pretty much just chill with them all day long, smoke a little buds, maybe go to a different homie's house to chill and smoke some buds, and then go home when it's time. Nothing too bad.

oocyst

SOFTware
    Years
    I usually only skip classes when I have to wait an hour or more and if I know the class is not that important (in some classes we don't do anything but mess around) so I'd rather go home and spend time doing other things. I also sometimes call in sick because I am just too tired or I feel like I'm getting a bit depressed and I need a break.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Other than staying in due to not feeling well or whatever, I've only ever left school earlier than usual with friends. We've done it a few times when we didn't have any lessons, and there wasn't a good enough reason to stay in school. And a few times when I just couldn't be bothered going into school. Luckily for us, there's like a bunch of stores nearby like McDonalds and GAME which we go into. :P

Back