• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Schools and their Regulations...

Galla

Pokemon Artist
    Years
    Okay, I'm in college now and considering that I go to an Ivy League school... it's NOT typical college. Think Harvard/Yale/Princeton/Penn/Dartmouth, etc problems (I'm in one of the ones I mentioned, pretty obvious I guess if you look at my location too!). Here's some of the insanity that goes on in this place:
    1) EVERYBODY who comes in here was valedictorian, president of this-or-that, etc. in high school (I was too, shall confess). So of course, things get nastily competitive in some moments. I mean, the classes are curved. So if the class average is a 95%, then a 95% could be a B in some classes! *freaks out*
    2) There is no dress code. I come to class wearing PJs like once a week cuz I'm lazy. HOWEVER, some people come to class in SUITS. Business suits, with a tie and everything. And a briefcase instead of a backpack. And most of those ppl don't even hold a job or anything so it's beyond me.
    3) Preppy, preppy, preppppyyyyyy... need I say more?
    4) People don't join extracurriculars based on what they really care about, but the activity they're most likely to be president about.
    5) As MOST of the people here are pretty darn rich, the prices of everything are INSANE. FOUR BUCKS FOR CUP NOODLES? *sweatdrops*
    6) Internships. The hype about them here is like ten times greater than ANY college my non-Ivyesque friends go to. And they're internships where you have to pay like $10,000 to do them. Hold on a moment, I have to PAY to WORK? Isn't it supposed to be the OPPOSITE? That I get paid to do work? *sighs* Well, I'm probably not getting one of those then! And the interview process for it is insane too. SOOO competitive.
    7) NOBODY has ANY imagination. There are 10,000 ppl in the undergraduate program and I guess like 20 dressed up for Halloween if you don't count sluts at frat parties.
    8) Frat parties. That's the ONLY type of socializing people here understand. And study groups. Meh. Whatever happened to the cinema or whatnot?
    9) Analness... sry about the language but seriously. I went out w/2 "friends" on a Friday afternoon for coffee and before I was even 25% done w/my Frappuchino, they left cuz they "had to study" even though they were free all weekend and had no exams/papers the next week cuz I asked. SEIROUSLY!

So there's my life at the moment... shall rant about my high school yrs later on. :P

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    my school is bad.
    the cookies used to be delicattely soft.now they are rock hard :(
    cans now cost 65 pence
    i cant wear trainers,got to tuck my shirt in
    (im upset cos i eat cookies,drink cans,wear trainers and untuck my shirt)
    iv got 4 peices of homework by friday
    face it school sux every where from where i live in wales to philadelphia and stuff:(

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
    Being in a country Australian towns, the only rules that are really there are the ones that are mandatory by the DET standards. And most of them make an awful lot of sense, so I'm not really complaining.

badgerskunk

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2008
    Being in a country Australian towns, the only rules that are really there are the ones that are mandatory by the DET standards. And most of them make an awful lot of sense, so I'm not really complaining.

This seems like a very mature attitude for someone your age, prob you do good in school. Students who say "school sucks!" etc. or more generally just have that attitude statistically they have shown usually have a learning disorder like dyslexia or down syndrome (well DS really isnt a learning disorder but you know what I mean)

Years
    Wow. After reading all the posts made in here, I'm so glad I graduated school back in 2000. I bet if I visited all the schools that I've been to now, I bet they all gotten super strict. If it's reaction to all the school shootings, I can understand. Maybe.

Actually, I was watching the news at work and there was this school in a nearby town that was on lockdown after two unknown people that may have been carrying firearms, busted in. They had just about everybody there, even a helecopter was on the scene looking for them.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Wow. Upon reading everyone's school rules here, I'm fascinated, but a little frustrated with schools these days. The rules they have... it's weird, and some of them are unreasonable. Some of your schools make my school look like we can do whatever we want. XDD

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    My school isn't really bad,i"m a senior now and back in freshman year they had a meeting for girls only, twenty minutes into science class the girls came in fuming, aparently they were all told off for dressing too provacativly. My school isn't that bad a bit cliquey but I' somewhere in the middle so I sorta wander between them and get along with most everyone. Fairly tolerant for a smalltown/rural school a little murmering when a couple kids came out and I had a bit of dissing when I went out for cheerleading, not as much as the other guy because he was a football player and hated the coaches so his way of getting them back was quitting and cheering, I wasjust bored.

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    the same happened in my school all the girls were swearin at my teacher cos she said they shouldnt have boyfriends because of the tests coming up;)

my new head teacher is quite nice thogh.

Last edited:
    Back