• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scizor is Uber, just not the CB or SD sets. OU RMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    So I'll start off to say I'm just posting this team because S&M is getting slow, moar activiteh pleaze. Anyways, on that note, you can't expect this team to be too awesome cause I haven't had much time to test or anything, and that is of course why I'm posting it here, to make it better. Well, that and the other reason. So without further ado, here it goes.

@ Shed Shell
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
    Relaxed nature
    - Spikes
    - Rapid Spin
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Explosion

Alright, so this guy leads off the team because he's awesome. He usually gets taunted, but just about any leads nowadays do. If they lead with something like Hippo I'll go ahead and get to work with my Spikes first, followed by (Either if they let me stay in, or later in the match) Toxic Spikes, and possibly Explosion. I don't have a wisher on the team, so I'm thinking about putting Wish on Latias, that way I can keep this guy alive longer. Although, he already stays alive long enough to get 2 layers of both spikes up and spin later, although he usually dies right after that. I haven't even gotten to use Explosion yet, so I guess it's just like a slot waiting to be filled. Maybe EQ would be more appropriate for prediction?

@ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 Def / 80 SAtk / 176 SDef
    Calm nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Softboiled
    - Seismic Toss
    - Toxic

Standard Sp. Wall as well as my rocks layer. It comes in on something like Heatran aimed at Forry and sets up Rocks. By the time it gets to the end of matches, all the opponent usually has left is Sp. Attackers, so I like to have this guy to Toxic them with no worries. Seismic Toss lets me hit Heatran, since I really have no need to hit most ghosts that Spiritomb can be Pursuiting. I would put Wish on here, but I don't really have room for Protect, so I'm wanting to leave that job to Latias.

@ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 116 SDef
    Careful nature
    - Pursuit
    - Sucker Punch
    - Will-o-wisp
    - Pain Split

And this guy, definitely my favorite Ghost type ever. I know every time I put it on a team you guys say get rid of it, but truth is, I can't play Rotom worth crap, however, I can play this guy pretty good if I say so myself, and I don't have to worry about getting hit with Payback, so yeah. Um, it comes in on pretty much any Psychic / Ghost (Preferably Gengar, Rotom, and Latias, as long as Latias isn't CMing and Rotom isn't carrying WoW) then put it in the predicament of having to attack and weaken pursuit, or switch and not get Sucker Punched, although it usually doesn't end up so well for them. Pain Split is for when he gets low on health, just hit something like Blissey with Pain Split and he's good to go for another round. He's also my Machamp counter, coming in on Dynamic Punch or an Elemental Punch and the WoWing and prediction until it's dead. Oh yeah, and it blocks Rapid Spin. :D +10

@ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Timid nature
    - Roar
    - Recover
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Reflect

This thing is great. It shuffles around the opponents team, which is key with all the entry hazards laying around. Recover keeps him healed up, although I'd love to have Wish over that, dunno how it would turn out though. Dragon Pulse is just for hitting when I can, and Reflect for when I'm going to get Pursuited or something. This guy does a good job at countering Nape and Breloom, It also loves to come in on CB Earthquaking Flygon (Which could end up hurting my team pretty bad otherwise), get up a Reflect, and a free turn. Not much else to say.

@ Leftovers
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Careful nature
    - Knock Off
    - Light Screen
    - Roost
    - U-turn

Yeah yeah yeah, laugh all you want, but what if I told you after a Light Screen this thing can survive an Overheat from Modest Scarf Rotom-H? Or that it could live a Fire Punch from Jirachi after Latias gets it's screens up? No seriously though, I don't guess that matters, but still, this thing is so much fun to use. People bring in a Vaporeon to sponge a Bullet Punch and find their Leftovers gone, then figure, oh, noob move, I'll just attack them, then I Light Screen and their surf barely touches me. Then they realize it's a lost cause, switch, then get hit with a STAB U-Turn while I get a nice switch to something like Hitmonchan. You may say this has a surprise factor, but even after my opponent sees what it's got, they still have problems. I've actually knocked off a whole team's items with this thing before, because the just don't know what to do to counter it. It's also got Roost for some good healing.

(Credit to d_a for helping me out with the making of this set)

@ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Iron Fist
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly nature
    - Fire Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Mach Punch
    - Thunderpunch

This guy is just here for killing stuff like Gyara / TTar / Mence / etc.. It's nice for revenge killing because it's got such a diverse movepool and hits quite a lot of stuff for SE. Mach Punch isn't doing much though, I was only using it so that if I happened to make a bad switch into paralysis I wouldn't automatically lose to TTar. But seeing as that hasn't happened yet, I'll be going with Close Combat more than likely.

Well, that's about it. I've switched leads a few times, starting out with Skarmory, then moving to Smeargle, then settling with Foretress. I'm actually liking how it's turning out, but some help would be appreciated.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Forretress wants Max HP and S.Def as it increases its s.def capabilities by ~53% with Careful and around 42% with Impish, this lets you take Draco Meteors, wall non HP Fire Gengar, Refresh/Sub CM Latias (horrible foe for stall), wall Mixpert Surfs and just generally take hits better. Forretress also wants Payback >> Explosion, this allows you to 3hko defensive Rotom (32.24% - 38.16% Vs Max Hp/176 Def Bold Rotom, which forces it to Rest and the next time it comes in you have a good chance of beating it) and 2hkos offensive versions, it also nails Gengar and said Latias (2hko on Latias))

Anyway SD Scizor craps all over your team like massively, honestly use Pain Split/W-OW/S-Ball/Discharge Rotom (252 hp / 176 def / 80 sp.def @ bold) >> Spiritomb. This also stops you from being Agiligross/CB Gross weak because your team cannot touch it.

Id then recomend Scarf Jirachi >> Scizor, i know you love Scizor but Scarf Jirachi beats so much and keeps mence, Crunch Lucario, Tyranitar and a whole host of others in check. Trick is also fun to cripple stuff. (Iron Head/Trick/Ice Punch/Fire Punch max att + speed w/Jolly)

Then id reccommend something like a CroCune >> Hitmonchan, this helps benefit from the residual damage (e.g With T-Spikes up, Kingdra Celebi arent walling you and with SR up Mence and Gyara struggle), absorbs status and is just a great psuedo stop to a few threats e.g Torment Tran.

S.Def Payback Forry
    SR Bliss
    Pain Split Rotom
    CroCune
    Scarf Jirachi
    Latias

Something like this ? Then i shall steal this now i have made it beast, heil me.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Alright, thanks, I'll add the changes when I get back from Thanksgiving (If I stay).

Change

Sandstorm team expert.
    Years
    Wow, I love the Hitmonchan set, but I was put off because of the +def -Atk clause to evolve him. Anyways, I think the team is great, and I understand the mechanics of the Scizor :P. I would reccomend possibly a Adamant Hitmonchan as it can possibly 2HKO or even OHKO a Mence or D-nite?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back