• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scone, Mr Furret?

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2013
    Eh heh... I thought I'd get people's opinions on a recent drawing of mine.

What do you think?

Scone, Mr Furret?

In case you were wondering, it was a request XD

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2013
    True... I actually forgot the hat. I should probably go back and touch that up...

Galbinus

Speeds.
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2008
    It's really cute! :3 Nice and simple cellshading.

As for critique, I think that you have to imagine the Furret as more of a 3D object. At the moment, the shading makes it look rather flat at some places (namely, the tail). Don't be afraid to try out more dynamic shadows.

Also, the lines look a little wobbly for some reason. But is this because you have a mouse? I personally have a tablet and have rarely encountered this sort of problem.

All in all, though, good job. :]

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Wow, the furret looks nice. The shading is abit poor as mentioned above and flat at some places. Othe than that, its very good.

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2013
    It's really cute! :3 Nice and simple cellshading.

As for critique, I think that you have to imagine the Furret as more of a 3D object. At the moment, the shading makes it look rather flat at some places (namely, the tail). Don't be afraid to try out more dynamic shadows.

Also, the lines look a little wobbly for some reason. But is this because you have a mouse? I personally have a tablet and have rarely encountered this sort of problem.

All in all, though, good job. :]

As a matter of fact, yes I did do that with a mouse. Well... I drew it, scanned it, and then "inked" it with the mouse and I was aware that it made the lines all... wobbly. As for shading, it's probably the second third time I've ever done shading on anything... so to be honest I don't really know what the heck I am doing. I did my best to sort of ad-lib but yeah, it's very new to me. Thanks for the critique, it does help me figure out what needs doing in the future. I guess shading practice is a good start...

Back