• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Script Help for JPAN's Fire hack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2009
    I'm using JPAN's fire red hack and I'm trying to fix his bug. He explains:

To fix it now, just open a normal Fire Red ROM in an hex editor and go to 0x160450. There, you find 10 pointers to the ten std scripts. Open each of them in your script editor, and compile them on the hacked rom.

Hate to be a noob, but I haven't got a clue what that means. I got a hex editor and went down to the 160450 line, but that line just looks like gibberish to me. Can anybody give me pointers on what exactly I'm supposed to actually do after finding that line? How do I open each of whatever it is I'm opening in the script editor? (I have XSE). And then what?

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
    Years
  • Scrapbox doesnt need to be approved
    And thrilljack1 have you tried searching for a tutorial?

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2009
    The description in Scrapbox includes "Script help."

Scrapbox Got ideas for a hack? This forum is for members to jot down their plans or ideas for a hack. Threads that are not approved in the Hacks Showcase forum are moved here. Specific threads dealing with storyline help, map help, script help, etc. are available here.

I figured this'd be an OK place to post my question. Sorry.

Buuuut as long as the thread is still here... could anybody point me out to a better place for me to find an answer?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    There are general threads for map and storyline help in the Scrapbox, and a Script Help thread in ROM Hacking.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back