• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Script help, please

Years
  • So... I'm hacking FireRed. I want to make an NPC that gives the player a Mystic Ticket (The item that lets you go to Navel Rock) if they have the National Pokedex. I did some research and found out that the flag for a National Pokedex is 16F. But for some reason, the NPC does not give the Ticket. Here's what I've written:

Spoiler:

I see no reason why this shouldn't work. And the funny thing is, that when I delete the
    "checkflag 0x16F
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if 0x1 goto @intro"

part (the part that checks for the NatDex, the NPC gives you the Mystic Ticket just fine!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been working quite literally all day to try to fix this, but to no avail.?

Last edited:

GreatFlameFTW

Kamehameha!
    Years
  • Can you give me non complied version?

According to my knowledge I don't think after checkflag compare command is required.

The pointer of if 0x1 seems to be missing.

Years
  • Can you give me non complied version?

According to my knowledge I don't think after checkflag compare command is required.

The pointer of if 0x1 seems to be missing.

This is the non-compiled version. It looks that way because I got used to writing them that way. :P
    And thank you, I will try taking the compare command out, and let you know if it works.

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years
  • So... I'm hacking FireRed. I want to make an NPC that gives the player a Mystic Ticket (The item that lets you go to Navel Rock) if they have the National Pokedex. I did some research and found out that the flag for a National Pokedex is 16F. But for some reason, the NPC does not give the Ticket. Here's what I've written:

Spoiler:

I see no reason why this shouldn't work. And the funny thing is, that when I delete the
    "checkflag 0x16F
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if 0x1 goto @intro"

part (the part that checks for the NatDex, the NPC gives you the Mystic Ticket just fine!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been working quite literally all day to try to fix this, but to no avail.?

the compare is necessary, don't remove that at all.
    the problem is, it isn't a flag that sets the national dex, it's a special command (0x16F) so you can't check if national dex is on using a checkflag (incidentally, flag 0x16F is used for an item in rocket hideout) you should replace the checkflag 0x16F etc. with this
    Code:
    special2 LASTRESULT 0x193
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if 0x1 goto @intro

(on a side note if you want the mystic ticket to work at the ferry ports, make sure to setflag 0x84A :))

Years
  • the compare is necessary, don't remove that at all.
    the problem is, it isn't a flag that sets the national dex, it's a special command (0x16F) so you can't check if national dex is on using a checkflag (incidentally, flag 0x16F is used for an item in rocket hideout) you should replace the checkflag 0x16F etc. with this
    Code:
    special2 LASTRESULT 0x193
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if 0x1 goto @intro

(on a side note if you want the mystic ticket to work at the ferry ports, make sure to setflag 0x84A :))

Oh, finally... it worked. Thank you a ton! I spent like 7 hours the other day trying to figure this out, lol, so you're a life-saver.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    Couldn't you also just set an additional "regular" flag in the script that gives you the national dex and have it check for that?

Back