• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Odd, anyone else care to help?!
    That makes no sense that that wouldn't work, since that IS how to make sprites disappear, set a flag to them...
    well the way i got this script was weird lol
    i saw somebody elses problem that wasnt correct and it looked similar
    [i forgot where i got it from]
    so i messed with it and got that, i thought it worked til the pokeball kept reappearing lol

Chileno4Live

«Step into the light with me.»
    Years
  • okay since no1 really replied to my script, i'll post it again.

Spoiler:

I'll try to list the problems again and maybe someone will help me.

Rom: FireRed
    Scripting program: XSE
    problem: I'll list the problems here and i hope you guys can fix it:

1: Gary doesn't walk to you in the script, as a matter of fact, you don't even see him in the script, i don't know what's wrong.
    2: Pokedex menu doesn't activate. I've set ''setflag 0x829'' but it didn't work. Whats wrong? What it needs to do it activate the pokedex menu and the national dex.
    3: After you beat him, he gives you the national dex. After that, he has to say something and then walk out of the screen, but that part doesn't activate.
    4: Everytime i walk through that script tile it says: ''HOLD ON!!'' So it doesn't stop the script once it has been activated, how come?

What it's supposed to do:
    You walk out of Professor Oak's lab after you obtained your starter pokemon. When you walk into the script without a pokemon, it will not activate. After you got a pokemon and you walk into the script, gary says "HOLD ON!!" and he'll walk to you. He says he wants to battle you so you battle. After the battle, he's supposed to give you the National Pokedex. Your Pokedex menu should also be activated now. After that, he'll talk a bit and then walk away.

Now for a different question: How do you make sprites invisible until your script is activated? For example, on the beginning on FireRed and LeafGreen, when you try to leave Pallet Town Prof Oak stops you and takes you to his lab. I want something similar. You can't see Prof Oak before you try to walk out of Pallet Town. And if you open Advance Map you clearly see a Prof Oak sprite standing there. How do you do that?

If someone could help me, i would appreciate that so much. Please help me D=<

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • Can anyone help me, a weird menu pops up when I click compile. Is was working before I edited it to change the Pokemon.
    #dynamic 0x8007BA
    #org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox @1 0x6
    release
    end

#org @1
    = Pikachu!\nPikachu is having fun.

Absolutely nothing is wrong with this script.
    It is perfect the way it is, I can't even optimize it.
    That strange menu that pops up, is your Compiler Log.
    You might have inserted the script, but you can't use it 'till make one of the Sprites in A-Map use it. (Or if you point to it, but you are not really doing that here...)
    In the compiler log, you'll see a thing that says @start... next to it should be an offset, probably the same one as your Dynamic One, if this is the first script you are inserting.
    Just copy that offset, and go into A-Map, find the sprite you want to have use this script, and paste the offset into the 'Script Offset' box.

Why does my script always get ignored, this is the third time i posted it here but people completely ignore it D=

I never ignored it, I was just busy reading that HUGE post of yours.

Here you go.
    Changes are in BOLD RED.

I decided to make this for the NEWEST XSE.
    If you are going to continue using that old copy, then you need to delete the numbers that follow after the msgbox commands, and replace them with boxset commands...
    Also, I changed your Dynamic offset, since you should NEVER start that close to important data.
    Your Problem with Gary not moving is because you don't have the numbers matching correctly between the Sprite, and XSE. Look it over. (In A-Map, the Sprite number is NOT in HEX, so if you are trying to move person #11, don't use the 0x11... just use 11... get it?)
    Code:
    #dynamic 0x[B][COLOR="Red"]760000[/COLOR][/B]

#org @start
    checkflag 0x82[B][COLOR="Red"]9[/COLOR][/B]
    if b_false goto @done
    message @1 [B][COLOR="Red"]6[/COLOR][/B]
    applymovement [B][COLOR="Red"]11[/COLOR][/B] @gary2
    waitmovement 0x0
    trainerbattle 0x1 0x146 0x0 @2 @3 @4
    applymovement [B][COLOR="Red"]11[/COLOR][/B] @gary3
    waitmovement 0x0
    release
    end

#org @done
    release
    end

#org @4
    message @later2 [B][COLOR="Red"]6[/COLOR][/B]
    fanfare 0x13E
    special 0x16F
    setflag [B][COLOR="Red"]0x[/COLOR][/B]829
    message @5 [B][COLOR="Red"]4[/COLOR][/B]
    waitfanfare
    closeonkeypress
    message @6 [B][COLOR="Red"]6[/COLOR][/B]
    release
    end

#org @gary2
    #raw 0x10 0x10
    #raw 0x10
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0x10
    #raw 0x10
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0xFE

#org @gary3
    #raw 0x12
    #raw 0x12
    #raw 0x11
    #raw 0x11
    #raw 0x12
    #raw 0x11
    #raw 0x11
    #raw 0x11
    #raw 0x11
    #raw 0xFE

#org @1
    = [RED_FR]HOLD ON!!!!!

#org @2
    = [RED_FR][rival]: You're not leaving until\nyou give me a pokemon battle!\lSo get your pokemon and fight!

#org @3
    = WHAAATT!\nHOW COULD I HAVE LOST?!

#org @later2
    = [rival]: Wow man, you got lucky\nthere!\lAnyway, gramps told me to give you\lthis whenever i see you.

#org @5
    = [BLACK_FR]You received the National Pokedex!

#org @6
    = That's all i'm ever going to give\nyou though! I think you'll be a\lgreat rival, so let's meet\lsomewhere again and battle alright?\lWell i don't have time for your\lanswer, smell ya later.

Last edited:

Chileno4Live

«Step into the light with me.»
    Years
  • Hey dude i appreciate it that you fixed the script. The problem is, it doesn't activate now. I made the script using checkflag 0x828 because it checks if you got a pokemon, and if that's not the case (if b_false) then it doesn't activate. The script looks ok, but he has to give you the pokedex menu, along with the national dex upgrade. So he has to setflag 0x829. I don't know how else i can do it, i'm still fairly new to scripting. And another question, how do you make sprites invisible until your script activates?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • Hey dude i appreciate it that you fixed the script. The problem is, it doesn't activate now. I made the script using checkflag 0x828 because it checks if you got a pokemon, and if that's not the case (if b_false) then it doesn't activate. The script looks ok, but he has to give you the pokedex menu, along with the national dex upgrade. So he has to setflag 0x829. I don't know how else i can do it, i'm still fairly new to scripting. And another question, how do you make sprites invisible until your script activates?

Set there 'Person ID' to a clear flag, then you have that flag set, then to make them visible, just clear that flag...

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2016
    This question is related to scripting so im going to ask it here.Are the movement commands in emerald the same as R/S?

Doom Chaos

I don't have a title
    Years
  • LOL, hold on a minute, I sense a disturbance...
    I forgot to post the script! lol

here you go.

Code:
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    lock
    checkflag 0x1000
    if b_true goto @done
    showsprite 0x3
    goto @snippet1
    release
    end

#org @snippet1
    setvar 0x8004 0x0
    setvar 0x8005 0x2
    special 0x174
    textcolor 0x0
    pause 0x1E
    playsong 0x12E 0x0
    preparemsg @PROF1
    waitmsg
    pause 0x55
    closeonkeypress
    applymovement 0xFF @move1
    waitmovement 0x0
    sound 0x15
    pause 0x1E
    preparemsg @PROF2
    waitmsg
    pause 0x1E
    closeonkeypress
    applymovement 0x3 @move0
    applymovement 0xFF @move3
    waitmovement 0x0
    pause 0x1E
    setdooropened 0x7 0x9
    doorchange
    applymovement 0x3 @move4
    applymovement 0xFF @move5
    waitmovement 0x0
    setdoorclosed 0x7 0x9
    doorchange
    setvar 0x4055 0x1
    setvar 0x4050 0x1
    setflag 0x2C
    setflag 0x4001
    setflag 0x1000
    warp 0x4 0x3 0xFF 0x6 0xC
    waitstate

#org @done
    release
    end

#org @PROF1
    = PROF: There you are, [player]!

#org @PROF2
    = PROF: I have been looking for you \nall morning. \pBut at last, you are here! \pAs you may know, I am the \nPROFESSOR, and I live near here. \pFollow me!

#org @move1
    #raw 0x62
    #raw 0xFE

#org @move0
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0x11
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0x03
    #raw 0xFE

#org @move3
    #raw 0x10
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0x11
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0xFE

#org @move4
    #raw 0x11
    #raw 0x60
    #raw 0xFE

#org @move5
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0x11
    #raw 0x60
    #raw 0xFE

Ooh, LOL thanks. But there's a problem, it freezes when I exit the lab. We're a step closer
    to the goal! :D

Last edited:

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
    Years
  • Movement commands are the same for ALL Pokemon ROMS.

I'm sorry. This is not true. R/S step down command is 0x8, whereas the FR/LG one is 0x10. Step up for R/S is 0x9 and FR/LG is 0x11... I could go on. The only thing they share is 0xFE which is the end of movements.

Alex31

Pro D<
    Years
  • Okay, so im terrible at scripts, and i'm working on trying to make the basic script, so when Oak gives you the pokedex, it's already the national dex.

Any help on what to do would be helpful :p

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2009
    Okay, so im terrible at scripts, and i'm working on trying to make the basic script, so when Oak gives you the pokedex, it's already the national dex.

Any help on what to do would be helpful :p

Find the flag for the basic Pokedex, and then below it, add the National Dex flag.

justdieplz

Pokemon White Enthusiast
    Years
  • Another script problem...
    Spoiler:

I put this in and the game freezes, why?

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2009
    Another script problem...
    Spoiler:

I put this in and the game freezes, why?

You need a yesnobox.

This sounds really stupid, I bet, but the flag for the national pokedex would be..?
    I can only find the one for the normal pokedex, and the text where Oak upgrades them.

That's the help I can give. I barely know squa about scripting.

justdieplz

Pokemon White Enthusiast
    Years
  • The yes no box is supposed to be 0x5, and that is in hex right? Because if it is then that isn't it. If I'm just confused though, then could you revise it? ty

Years
  • WHY DOESN'T ANYBODY LISTEN?!

I have a problem with 2 scripts.Whenever I modify it so you can get certain Pokemon,but when you try to get get another it says what happens AFTER you get the Pokemon.What's wrong?

Game:Emerald
    Type:givepokemon

Scripts:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

justdieplz

Pokemon White Enthusiast
    Years
  • Try adding an empty line between the #dynamic and #org.

Spoiler:

I wonder if that makes a difference, probably not...

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • WHY DOESN'T ANYBODY LISTEN?!

I have a problem with 2 scripts.Whenever I modify it so you can get certain Pokemon,but when you try to get get another it says what happens AFTER you get the Pokemon.What's wrong?

Game:Emerald
    Type:givepokemon

Scripts:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Change the dynamic offset to 0x800000, your offset is somewhere where there is important data.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back