• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] scripting error I don't understand

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2022
    So I playtest the game and I'm trying to test out Aegislash's ability by entering a battle. But when I try to encounter a wild pokemon, I get this error message:

---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    ---------------------------
    [Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]

Exception: NoMethodError

Message: undefined method `pbOnEnteringBattle' for #<PokeBattle_RealBattlePeer:0xcaebae8>

PokeBattle_Battle:2366:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:2341:in `pbStartBattle'

PField_Battles:98:in `pbWildBattle'

PField_Battles:97:in `pbSceneStandby'

PField_Battles:99:in `pbWildBattle'

PField_Battles:96:in `pbBattleAnimation'

PField_Battles:96:in `pbWildBattle'

PField_Field:387:in `pbBattleOnStepTaken'

PField_Field:368:in `pbOnStepTaken'

Game_Player:461:in `update_old'

The pokemon essentials wiki describes a similar error message, but it happens when there's an outdated essentials or Windows, which I don't have. And it can be fixed by disabling the time function in the old versions of essentials, but the script is different in 17.2. So.... idk what to do. When I tried to enter a trainer battle, it worked at first but then the game crashed and showed no error message when the other trainer tried to send out their pokemon.

For reference, the script that I've changed recently is adding Zygarde cubes using the method in this thread: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=398562

The thing is, though, the last few time's I've tested things it didn't involve battles so idk how long this problem has actually been there. It could have been caused by different scripts. If someone can at least explain the error message to me and what the issue might be that would help a lot.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2022
    Nevermind. I just found a backup and started over on some things. Seems to have worked though I'm still not sure what caused the error in the first place.

Back