• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scripting fire help

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Hey, guys. So I'm trying to make a game in Rpg maker XP in which your decisions affect the story/outcome of the game. I want to add a part at the beginning where Professor Oak is trying an experiment and catches on fire. But I suck at making animations. Is there a script i could use? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2014
    I think there is a fire animation in the particle engine : D

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2014
    Oh, cool. thanks! But when i set the fire on using a switch, it doesn't burn until i leave the map and come back... any suggestions?

use this script code after activating the switch:
    Code:
    $game_map.need_refresh = true

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    use this script code after activating the switch:
    Code:
    $game_map.need_refresh = true

Great! thanks so much. It works great now. Obviously you know more about rmxp than I will ever know. My game is called Pokemon Crescent. It's not up on this site yet, but it will be once I make enough of it.

Back