• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SD Card Help!

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2013
    Okay so I just bought the 2 GB SD card for my Wii, and I need to transfer all the data to it. Problem is, most of the data wont transfer :/. For example, my Brawl data wont transfer, it only gives me the option to "Erase" it not to "Move" or "Copy" it. Is there any way to get past this? Thank you in advance :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2013
    Basically I'm trying to see if I can get data that normally can't transfer to an SD Card (for one reason or another) to get on to an SD card

thorn96

Fool! I am the weasel!
    Years
    Some save files are programmed so that they wont transfer to an SD card, eg Brawl. I think it's to stop piracy or some crap like that, but its a stupid idea because people have been softmodding Wiis for years.

zephzer

Electabuzz Master
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2014
    If you wanted to you could get the hombrew channel onto your wii and get the save file extractor. That's how i do it. But getting the homebrew channel voids warranty and is difficult if you do not know what you are doing, so i do not highly suggest that.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    Yeah, the save files of online games won't copy to SD cards, but IIRC you can copy trophy information onto a card from Brawl, and probably custom levels. Why are you copying all the files to an SD card? If you are getting a new Wii and want to move the files over, you could just get the files you can get, softmod the Wii seeing as if worst comes to worst you won't be using it again anyway, and get the rest of the files with a program.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2013
    Yeah, the save files of online games won't copy to SD cards, but IIRC you can copy trophy information onto a card from Brawl, and probably custom levels. Why are you copying all the files to an SD card? If you are getting a new Wii and want to move the files over, you could just get the files you can get, softmod the Wii seeing as if worst comes to worst you won't be using it again anyway, and get the rest of the files with a program.

I can?! How do I do that? It wont let me copy the data... and if you wanted to know, I'm sending in my Wii to get fixed and nintendo apparently "Doesn't garuntee that data wont be lost" or whatever... so I bought an SD card to back up my data.

Back