• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] SDME Trainer Class Animated Sprites Soul Silver

Salient-Z

風来王
    Years
    Hello there community, this is my first post in 4 years and it has the potential to be a very novice level question if it's something I should have been able to figure out on my own.

So in SDME under the trainer class interface it allows you to import a sprite model to either replace an existing one or add a new one entirely. I noticed that when you export one of the sprite models it comes out in a png format with the trainer in the first pose in the animation sequence, and beside that pose what I believe is the last pose in the animation sequence but I'm not sure. I noticed however that SDME only deals with png's on importation as well which confuses me. To properly insert an animated sprite I'm assuming it requires hex editing rather than simply using this interface?

Also, I'm assuming there's more to it that just this as well because when I made my own custom sprite with the 'format' that it appears it's supposed to be in it was completely distorted when I imported it. The colors switched to red and black and it looked a lot like... well MissingNo. honestly. When I tried editing one of the exported sprites which looks normal on my desktop, in the editing program the colors are once again swapped to red and black.

I appreciate any and all help or direction.

Back