• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Secret bases!

Status
Not open for further replies.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Wow, I would have to dig up my Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald games. But all of my secret bases are all in the same area (weird, right I know)

Where is your secret base?
    The tree that is right near the Safari Zone in all of my games

Do you tend to forget where it is?
    I put it there just so I can remember where its at since I love going to Lilycove City

Do you spend time and money to decorate it?
    Yep, I got a lot of decerations, I think in my Pokemon Emerald game, I got all of the decorations

:t354:TG

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years

It was on the small island at route 114. It was inside the tree.

After at least three years of not playing? For some weird reason, I can remember it.

I wasted a ton of cash at the clearence sales in Lilycove and spent a long time decorating. I wanted to make a "second home" for my character and that's most of what I did outside of the Battle Frontier. (Well that plus contests!)

Feel free to post a screenshot! (use spoiler tags please!)

Spoiler:

2122wolf

3rd Generation Journeyman
    Years
    I found secret bases to be kind of disappointing to be honest. In my opinion they would be much much better if you could at least fly to them as a location on the map. Gives a bit more use to them.
    Otherwise I messed around with them for a bit when I first started playing emerald but haven't even bothered this time round.
    If you could fly to them, keep a storage pc in them, and the tv you bought for it actually worked like the rest of the tvs in the game it would be much more worth it. :)

Years
    Route 111, at pretty much the farthest northeast you can go without going up those slides on the Mach Bike.

No. It's kind of a pain to get there, though. For some reason, no matter how many Pokemon I run into on that route, none of them are Cacnea.

I have in the past, especially at those Lilycove Department Store roof sales. I haven't changed the layout at all since like 2007, though. I'm going to restart my game soon.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    Where is your secret base? Route 110 (Requires Surf)
    No, it's fairly recognizable.
    Sometimes, if I have absolutely nothing interesting to do in these games.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    It's been a long time, so idk.
    idk
    I think so.

/my answers are pointless

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    In a bush in Route 120 I believe...
    Always.
    Yes, I spent so much BP for Poke Dolls and money for mats and all that fun stuff.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
    My secret base was in the route west of Fortree, forgot it... I never did lose where it was, I spent loads of money on it, decorating it and never being able to be satisfied lol

Retro Gamer'93

Pokemon Master of Kanto
    Years
    Sorry, way too much to include in a quote.
    But I totally agree with the trading thing, me and my little brother would do that all the time, when one of us wanted to switch to a new game we'd trade all of our most powerful and rare pokemon over to the others game, I, at one point, had 6 Kyogre's, 3 Rayqouza's, and a bunch of other rare's I can't remember right now. It was easy to get all the starters that way.

I had a base for as long as it took to make one, I looked around for a little bit, got ticked off and left. I was expecting something more lol. I think Minecraft spoiled me.(PS. Yes I know Minecraft wasn't even an idea then but even back then I hated the bases)

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    You agree a little too late, I'm afraid. Please don't post in threads that are over 30 days old!

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back