• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Secret Khanto Badges?

nct28th

MY METAPOD IS HARDER LOLZ XD
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2009
    Int the pokemon anime a few characters are shown displaying multiple badges of unknown orgins. Gary is shown in episode 63(Battle Of The Badge) With 10 Badges 3 of wich ash also has

Secret Khanto Badges?

And once again there are more than the original 8 gym badges displayed by Otoshi in episode 73(Bad to the Bone) Bringing the total Kanto Badge Count to 27 Kanto Badges. We can determine all these are Kanto Badges because no areas have ever been discovered before this.

Secret Khanto Badges?

Secret Khanto Badges?

Sorry that i cant get the images to show up

So Where do you think these badges came from(City or Place) and tell me what you think the gym leader looks like and what Pokemon he or she had, remember they have to be kanto tho.

No one has answered the question yet tho! OMFG who do you guys think the leaders are im not asking if there are more than 8 Khanto Badges Im asking who you think there gym Leaders are.

Last edited:

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Apparently there is more that 8 gyms but you have to get at least 8 badges to compete in the league.

It goes the same with contest (however many ribbons they have) .
    You don't need to get the exact same number of ribbons as there is contest

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Perhaps they're from a different region?

No they wouldn't have been accepted into the league if that were the case. Gary was "obviously" accepted into the league with some unknown badges. But it has to be region only badge that were to be accepted

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    First of all, I'd like to tell that you misspelled Kanto "Khanto".

Next, I'd like to tell that these other badges are NOT secret badges.

You see, not only Kanto, but EVERY region has a LOT of town and cities and gyms - yes, many many of them.
    But you only need to get a minimum of 8 badges to get in the Pokemon League.

You see, we are only shown the towns and cities that Ash travels in the Anime, and we're only shown the gyms that Ash challanges in the anime.
    But in actual, there are many MANY more towns and cities and gyms.

nct28th

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2009
    Nice

That and you have to have Kanto badges to compete in the Kanto League.

good point! thx for putting that up

First of all, I'd like to tell that you misspelled Kanto "Khanto".

Next, I'd like to tell that these other badges are NOT secret badges.

You see, not only Kanto, but EVERY region has a LOT of town and cities and gyms - yes, many many of them.
    But you only need to get a minimum of 8 badges to get in the Pokemon League.

You see, we are only shown the towns and cities that Ash travels in the Anime, and we're only shown the gyms that Ash challanges in the anime.
    But in actual, there are many MANY more towns and cities and gyms.

Ok lets De construct this

1. "Its spelled Khanto" bla bla bla and we can spell your name *****(misspelled on Purpous)

2. Secret Badge is just a name i gave them because i didnt know what else to call them that would sound good.

3. im not retarded and if you weren't you would know that before "Khanto" no other regions were known of other than Khanto(And the 7 Continents if you want to be specific).

4. i realize that you *** but where look at the map there aren't a whole bunch of places ash would have gone and said "oh Gym" and walked off.

*** Know-It-All

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 4, 2024
    good point! thx for putting that up

Ok lets De construct this

1. "Its spelled Khanto" bla bla bla and we can spell your name *****(misspelled on Purpous)

2. Secret Badge is just a name i gave them because i didnt know what else to call them that would sound good.

3. im not retarded and if you weren't you would know that before "Khanto" no other regions were known of other than Khanto(And the 7 Continents if you want to be specific).

4. i realize that you ***** but where look at the map there aren't a whole bunch of places ash would have gone and said "oh Gym" and walked off.

***** Know-It-All

No offence, but you won't last long here with that attitude.

Anyyway, there are more than 8 gyms in Kanto and Ash collected the ones that are in the games since the anime pretty much advertises the games.
    I can safely assume that there are at least one gym for every type (exept for dark and steel) in Kanto.

Last edited by a moderator:

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    You forgot the dream sequence with the Mismagius where Ash saw a ton more badges from Sinnoh or wherever else. If there were only 8 Gyms, the Gym leaders would be a lot more skilled than they are, and 'Gym Leader' would be a much more lucrative profession. Let's face it: Flannery has probably accumulated countless losses being new. She wouldn't be Gym leader if, truly, the 8 best trainers not on the Elite Four were to be Gym leaders. Catch my drift?

nct28th

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2009
    No one has answered the question yet tho! OMFG who do you guys think the leaders are im not asking if there are more than 8 Khanto Badges Im asking who you think there gym Leaders are.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I wonder why this innocent soul is being badly repped for this thread?

We would never know, because the anime didn't show us who they are. It would most likely be different leaders with the same Pokémon types or theme.

Ayselipera

Well dosen't the orange league badges tie
    in during the kanto story line of the anime?
    Or silver league? I vaguely remember.

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    I highly agree with >Feelings< on this one. They really are many more gyms in every region, we're only seeing and they only letting us see the ones Ash walks through and the gym leaders Ash challenges and what kind of gym badges Ash receives.

nct28th

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2009
    I wonder why this innocent soul is being badly repped for this thread?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nct28th
    We would never know, because the anime didn't show us who they are. It would most likely be different leaders with the same Pokémon types or theme.

Yes Read the thread. i want you to INFER who they are

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    They're characters we don't know about. It's not like Looker, Cyrus, and Teala (named characters) are all 'hidden' Sinnoh Gym leaders. Or anyone in any other region-
    Why would it matter that they're identified? Leaves room for 'fics and speculation-

nct28th

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2009
    Well dosen't the orange league badges tie
    in during the kanto story line of the anime?
    Or silver league? I vaguely remember.

no Khanto Orange and Silver are all separate. i dont know much about the silver tho because the anime series got dull in master quest and they had a gay theme song. i think jhoto was drug out WAY to long lol.

They're characters we don't know about. It's not like Looker, Cyrus, and Teala (named characters) are all 'hidden' Sinnoh Gym leaders. Or anyone in any other region-
    Why would it matter that they're identified? Leaves room for 'fics and speculation-

well i am making a rom about gary's anime adventures and would like to know what other people also think. you can read my therory at this link. click the banner to go there.
    Secret Khanto Badges?
    https://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=180858

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    It's pretty difficult to answer your question unless I can get past the grammar errors and the horrible attitude.

*tries to re-read and comprehend the question*
    You're asking who you think the other Gym Leaders are? Well, who knows? That was the first season, so there wouldn't have been any Dark-type or Steel-type gyms. So maybe there was a Bug-type, Ghost-type, or a Fighting-type gym. There are many possibilities, but we can't say for sure who they are since we've never seen them.

Oh, the regions are Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. Just in case you spell the other ones wrong, too. And if you're trying to spell it in Japanese, it's still spelled Kanto. (Go ahead, call me a know-it-all like you did with poor >Feelings< . . >.>")

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    It is no secret there a lot more towns and gyms than the ones that Ash visits Ash visits the 8 that Brock Or during Hoenn Max says to go. There you go

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    There being more than 8 gyms in a region in the anime would make more sense, otherwise the same 8 gym leaders are losing hundreds and hundreds of times to everyone that manages to make it through to the league. That way, if someone keeps losing to one gym leader, they could just move onto another.

Or it's just a plot hole from the first season and they wanted to just show that Gary was a lot better than Ash. Haha

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    There are more then 8 gyms in each region but you only need 8 to enter the league

Back