• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Seeking Advice For Setting Pre-Set 'Names'

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2020
    So, I've recently started working on Essentials, and have been planning on the map having several starting towns. For coding purposes, I was thinking of using something akin to how you name your rival in FRLG, but it doesn't seem to exist in the base file. If anyone would happen to know the script for this, as well as possibly modifying it to set the starting 'value', I'd greatly appreciate it if you shared the script.

Sir_Tman

Overworked game Dev
    Years
  • This is a quick mockup but it would look something like this.
    You put this into an event, though you may need to change the number [12] if you are using a diffrent variable for your rival name.
    Seeking Advice For Setting Pre-Set 'Names'

You should be able to stick that anywhere in an event and change around the text

Last edited:
    Back