• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sega Genesis emulator for PSP?

Goldie

Trainer from the Boonies
Years
  • I looked all over the place and found an emulator called PSP Genesis at this site -removed-. I downloaded it and put it on my PSP, and I start it but it says that the game could not be opened. I tried downloading some older versions of it and either had the same thing happen or it would just say corrupted data. I have a PSP slim with custom firmware 5.03 M33-6. Does anyone know of Genesis emulator that would work for me?

Last edited:

Goldie

Trainer from the Boonies
    Years
  • My question is, how did you get custom firmware onto your PSP? I would like to do the same.

I used ChickHEN R2 and CutsomFirmwareEnabler 3.50. It was actually quite simple. The only downside is that you can't turn your PSP off, you have to put it on standby. If it does happen to get turned off, if you keep the ChickHEN R2 and CFWEnabler files on your PSP then it's easy to get booted back into the custom firmware. Look up ChickHEN R2 on Google for the full instructions, and download CFWEnabler 3.50. It has to be 3.50, when I used 3.60 it installed a firmware version that didn't work with homebrew for some reason.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Yeah, I cant imagine Klippy or the uppers are gonna be jumping for joy that you are now asking for emulators in the OG section, I'd remove the link if I was you.

And don't use ChickHEN R2 or whatever it is, use a magic memory stick and Pandora battery, you can buy both for cheap off the net and they work far better.

Goldie

Trainer from the Boonies
    Years
  • Well I didn't know where else to put this because the last time I was asking about PSP emulators, I posted it in the computers section and it got moved here.

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
  • I looked all over the place and found an emulator called PSP Genesis at this site -removed-. I downloaded it and put it on my PSP, and I start it but it says that the game could not be opened. I tried downloading some older versions of it and either had the same thing happen or it would just say corrupted data. I have a PSP slim with custom firmware 5.03 M33-6. Does anyone know of Genesis emulator that would work for me?

Google Picodrive.

My question is, how did you get custom firmware onto your PSP? I would like to do the same.

What kind of PSP do you have and what OFW does it have?

Yeah, I cant imagine Klippy or the uppers are gonna be jumping for joy that you are now asking for emulators in the OG section, I'd remove the link if I was you.

And don't use ChickHEN R2 or whatever it is, use a magic memory stick and Pandora battery, you can buy both for cheap off the net and they work far better.

A Memory Stick and a Pandora batter is old news now. There are plenty of other options now to get CFW onto your PSP. ChickHEN is the easiest way for people who doesn't want to Hardmod a battery.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    You don't need to hard-mod a battery? Hard-modding is actually pretty dumb; when you can either use an already CFW PSP to convert it back and forth, or buy a service mode battery from the off-set. Given the service-mode install allows you to recover from pretty much any negative outcome on any of the PSP 1000 and 2000 units it's still the greatest option; it's hardly "old news now". It's still the preferable method for homebrew enabling. Things like ChickHEN are a huge step BACKWARD to the days before we had service mode - the sort of negative step that had to be taken on account of the newer (and inferior) PSP 3000 units. Ugly hacks compared to the beautifully elegance that is the service-battery install~

Back