• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Self Defense

Nessie

The return of the star!
    Years
    Yeahhh i guess it is an honor!!, right??.I will show ya how effective is!.

*Nes kicks ''s'' head**

''S'': Wahhhh stop it nessie!, hurts! > <.

NES: ok, ok sorry pal, take a chocolate, good boy!.

''S'':Mmm chocolate!!! **starts to eat it very quick**

Nes: Eat slowly!!! ??.

''S'': ^_^u

**spam for free XD**

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I just don't go looking for fights. The only ones I do get in with are ones with my 12 year old brother. But all you have to do to deter him is to spray a body of Lynx or some other deoderant nears his eyes and he runs off crying. XD I'm malicious!

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    Uhm, what can I say.... in a fight I use my common sense first.... and this is the best way to protect yourself.
    Violence should b the last thing you should do......

I do practice Ninjutsu, and its a mix of many Ryu's if I can say that..... Bujinkan Ninjutsu is what I am currently studying though.....
    IMHO in a fight you should first of all not fear your opponent, but also do not underhestimate him. In order to win you must be able to use the things that surround you. to be intelligent and creative.
    For example, my skill with swords does not need to be used with a sword, if there are sticks around me, even if thin and seem useless, i use em.
    They still may be useful on certain body parts.

Though, I always try not to really hurt my opponent as much as possible, not like the fall on the knees thing and knee him on his face *coughdarkmagiciancough*
    The essence of Ninjutsu is to survive, and a Ninja does not necessarily have to kill someone in order to survive...

Violence is bad, and weak people sometimes are the first one to use it. when you have confidence in your strenghts then you will know that violence is not what makes a person strong.
    Remember, A good soldier is not violent. A good fighter is not angry. A good winner is not vengeful.

Ninja seishintowa, shin shin shikiwo shinobu. Ninnikuseishinwo, konpontosuru. Chijokuwo shinonde, Uramiwo Houjisuru.....

aaaaaa

To buggery with good form, if someone wants to ruin my day, and endanger me or someone I love, they're going to go down like Windows ME

Last edited:

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Let's see...

Having a dad that was also a Jujitsu sensei, I've picked up a lot of pointers that way (Although Jujitsu doesn't suit my body frame very well, I've found, the techniques are still nice to know). I've also studied a lot of Tai Chi Chuan, and recently started on Shaolin Kung Fu - especially Crane style, it suits my frame better. Because I'm thin, light and quick, I always adapt better to soft style martial arts than hard styles.

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    mmm LoL last time in a forum we were just discussing hardness against softness in martial arts.....

Yours is a good point toothache, because Tai Chi Chuan and Jujitsu are soft, but regarding Shaolin Kung-fu... are you sure that's what you call soft? :o

Ninjutsu (of the Bujinkan school) Is a soft and hard martial art, because strenght is given by certain body shifting and positioning, which its a carateristic of soft martial arts, but at the point of impact it becomes hard, even though it looks calm.

I go straight for the testicals.
    To buggery with good form, if someone wants to ruin my day, and endanger me or someone I love, they're going to go down like Windows ME

mmm I would hit those parts only if in real danger, because its not something u can play with. what I mean is that If you hit too hard or in an improper way you could cause serious damage to the person and that is not the thing I would like to do most.
    And there are reasons for this.

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    Porygon said:
    For self?defense, I generally try to get out of there. I can move pretty fast, too, and I think I could even block a punch.

If all else fails, there's always my knife XD

Oh well, as self defence I mean surviving an aggression by all means, and escaping is one of the strategies also taught in Ninjutsu (thats y they call it a multi'skilled martial art)

Regarding the knife, be careful! i may seem like the old pathetic bunch of ppl who say that, but almost all the fights that have a knife involved in it finish badly, and on badly i mean for both of the fighters. whether the victim gets disarmed by his/her aggessor and stabbed or the victim stabs his/her aggressor, kills him or badly injures him and so from right the person becomes in da wrong, because first of all its illegal to carry a knife (at least here in england) and second, its illegal to kill too >_<

So dont play with fire or u get a big burn for the rest of ur life >_< ;)

Porygon

Banned
    Years
    The knife is for threat value. If an agressor knows I'm armed, and not afraid to strike, they'd have to be pretty stupid [or really quick] to still want to tangle.

I've also been told that my height is pretty intimidating, too.

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    Yeah right, for threat value :|

And what if the aggressor has a gun and seeing you armed and not afraid to strike he just shoots at once? Usually if that happens you will not even have the time to regret the fact that u had a knife on >_<

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    oh well, I hope so ;)

Anyway, I will keep on training as an activity for my body and mind and also because the day that I will be attacked might not be so far... and if that happens at least I would be prepared to get out of it alive....

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2006
    My self defense would be for me to not partake in fights and just avoid going out altogether. I don't find the point in fighting and those who do seriously need some form of help.

I did practice Taekwondo while I was young, and I am fairly tall. Say I did get into a fight I didn't expect to be in (you know if someone just comes up to you and starts beating the heck out of you), I'd probably use those two attributes to. Generally I just avoid fighting.

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    yeah, good point ;)
    The best way of defending yourself is not to look arrogant or argue with peopleand when the situation gets bad, just try and avoid fighting as much as you can... however, if the aggressor just starts the fight what i do is block em, but not normal punch or kick blocking, but by using arm locks or moves to break the balance... like this you should be able not to hurt your opponent too much but to keep him aware not to mess with ya ;)

Back