• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Senator pushes for Abortion discussions on the web to be restricted.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    In that case, its the right thing or the easy thing.

While my views come off as black and white, this is a black and white subject. As I said earlier, your either pro-choice or pro-life. Not pro-life-unless-this-this-this-this-or-this-happens. If your that, might as well come over to pro-choice since your halfway there anyway.

Years
    In that case, its the right thing or the easy thing.
    Choosing to go through with an abortion, regardless of the circumstances, is never an easy choice.

On something more related to this thread's original topic (restrictions on abortion) North Carolina has a new law going into effect this week which will make any woman seeking an abortion have to get an ultrasound first. Some of the places the state government is listing on its website as places where you can get a free ultrasound are these vaguely named "women's centers" or "crisis pregnancy centers" which are really anti-abortion centers and some, it seems, will not certify that you had an ultrasound with them if they know you're going to get an abortion, in addition to the usual misleading truthiness of the information many of these places provide. Talk about harsh, unfair, and deceitful.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/10/23/2715553/choose-life-on-state-plates.html

It's laws like this which make it important, nay, necessary for a woman to be able to speak with her doctor however she can. Not everyone can drop whatever they're doing and go to a hospital, especially if they have to take time off work already (time they may not have) to find a place that will actually try to give her honest information while she jumps through ultrasound hoops.

Yeah, I know, these are different states, but give it enough time and these kinds of laws will pop up all over the place if no one does anything about them.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    this is a black and white subject. As I said earlier, your either pro-choice or pro-life. Not pro-life-unless-this-this-this-this-or-this-happens. If your that, might as well come over to pro-choice since your halfway there anyway.

Are you /actually/ suggesting that there is no possible reason benefit or logic in taking a non-extreme stance on an extremely difficult issue? That restricted legalization, no matter how strict, may as well just be fully legal? Or that restricted legalization, no matter how lax, may as well just be illegal?

...Because that would be absolutely /ludicrous/. o_o

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
    That's so sad. Makes me proud to be a Canadian. **** like that just doesn't happen here. How can people be so ignorant?

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    I was talking about my views on ABORTION, not my views on this law.

While I'm all for abortion, I'm against this law.

I'm not against this law because I support abortion, im against this law because it is a violation of first amendment rights.

Back