• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen "Serperiors special attack sharply rose" Gen V ability discussion.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    What are your opinions on the new abilities that Generation V introduced us to?
    I think they are pretty good except for the Mummy one (of course it would have to be my favorite Pokemon)

Do you think they are the best set of abilities or the worst?
    They are in the middle not too bad but not the best of abilities (I honestly dont think Generations 3 or 4)

Which ability is your favourite and which is your least?
    Unnerve is my least favorite

:t354:TG

So prankster,sheer force,Lightning rod getting fixed,Drizzle and Drought Politoed/Ninetails, Poison Heal, Sturdy Fix, Mummy taking out Mold Breaker/Prankster on a switch and Unnerve Stopping Harvester berry hax are bad things? LOLOLOL

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    There are many good abilities, but I like Regenerator the most, with some others. It's extremely useful because I find myself switching multiple times, and it heals 1/3 HP which is quite a lot.

And I'm happy they changed Sturdy, OHKO moves aren't used that much, it definitely became more useful.

Years
  • My favourites are Regenerator as it allows you to recover health lost, Sheer Force as it packs some extra punch and removes life orb recoil and Moxie, which I love on my Krookodile for the E4. I like the new update for Pickup as it allows you to pick up a held item the opponent uses, giving extra berries. :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2017
    I love Prankster so much, now I can finally get the upper hand on the speed freaks in battles and mess them up; it's so fun to use with Whimsicott. I also like Regeneration, especially when used with my Mienshao's U-Turn (it also saved me potions) and Moxie is a nice way to clean teams in-game.

There are some useless abilities though. Defeatist for instance is a real downer for a great Pokemon like Archeops. Luckily on my playthrough I had Mummy passed around the battle to nullify it (Mummy is one of the only things that can pull Archeops out of a tight spot). Sometimes I wonder if Defeatist was like a nerf for Archeops because of it's speed and attack power, even though there are still more overpowered Pokemon even if Archeops did not have it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    I love Prankter. Getting to use t-wave/setting up a screen/drastically boosting your defense before the opponent can attack? Yes please.
    Light Metal is almost totally useless, pretty much every pokemon that gets it has a better ability anyway, it can only help registeel take low kick a little better, but even then, low kick isn't seen that often.
    Defeatist is also obviously useless, as that's its purpose.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I am so glad that previously worthless abilities like Sturdy because good. Though it is extremely annoying to face one... Some of the new abilities do seem a bit broken to me though. I don't like Light and Heavy Metal, they're garbage. Prankster came in so handy though.

Back