• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Service Pack 2 Issues >:(

DoomKitty

Local Crazed Catgirl
    Years
    Ever since I got this new computer with Windows Media Center Edition with Service Pack 2, it downloads things HORRIBLY! 15kb/s IF I'M LUCKY! So is there anyway to degrade Service Pack 2 back to Service Pack 1 IF your computer came with SP2?

PatriotFan89

Biggest NE Patriot Fan!!!
    Years
    The only way to degrade Service Pack 2 that I can think of is to find a boot CD with SP1. Try opening some ports on your firewall/router. The program that you use to download might have some help on speeding up downloads.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    On Service Pack 2, there is an installed feature that reduces massively the number of open port connections you have with others over the internet making peer to peer networks run a lot slower. (Microsoft believes this will stop worms spreading over the net as quickly).

Rather than uninstalling that, it would be more sensible to download and install a patch which allows you to change the number of open port connections. It is recommended that you use an antivirus programme and spyware protection software additionally however.

Back