• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script✓] Set a Pokemon's nature via special/macro

Years
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows how to set a Pokemon's nature via special/macro. As far as I can tell, a Pokemon's nature is derived from their personality value, so there would have to be a way to edit this value so everything stays the same except the nature. According to Bulbapedia, the way nature is determined is essentially nature_array[personality_value%25] in pseudocode. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know :)

Last edited:
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows how to set a Pokemon's nature via special/macro. As far as I can tell, a Pokemon's nature is derived from their personality value, so there would have to be a way to edit this value so everything stays the same except the nature. According to Bulbapedia, the way nature is determined is essentially nature_array[personality_value%25] in pseudocode. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know :)
    Ghoulslash made a custom givemon that, among other things, lets you set the nature of a Pokémon created with it. I suggest you to check out its code.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/posts/10203404
    https://github.com/ghoulslash/pokeemerald/commit/9a628c561582f9c70a83d1cd52c20525bf26c6b1

Thanks! I knew about this macro, but I didn't know about the github with all the source code. That helped a lot! Right now, I think I'm on the right track (I keep making bad eggs, though, which is worrying), but if I can't figure it out, I'll simply hijack Ghoulslash's nature mint hack that they uploaded.

Last edited:
    I ended up just using Ghoulslash's hack. There's a minor bug if I try to make nature-colors work alongside it, so I'll just not do that.

Back